Author Topic: if current is electrical energy and voltage is "pressure" by wich the current is  (Read 3418 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
moved then...

A-    why is 1 ampre of current of 100,000 volts stronger than

B-     1 ampre of current of 1 volt

as i was reading this from tesla i got very confused

because if volts  means pressure. then what type of pressure are we talking about? obviously not PSI (pounds per square inch)
A

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
v

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
v
im sorry hulkotron bros i am not going to be distracted
A

Knooger

• Getbig V
http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/watt-volt-amp-calculator.htm

It has to do with resistance, ohms. The link has a calculator that you can change figures around in.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
im sorry hulkotron bros i am not going to be distracted

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Try not to experiment, buddy!

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
moved then...

because if volts  means pressure. then what type of pressure are we talking about? obviously not PSI (pounds per square inch)

I have told you in the past what you need to do.  You need to take classes to help you understand this.   Ideally your local community college is a good place to look.  Electronics Technology is the name of the course of study.  If none is available, then try the American Radio Relay League.

http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-radio-license-class

No, you do not get a ham station until you get your license…Let me amend this…You can get a receiver and listen, but you cannot send without a license. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
I have told you in the past what you need to do.  You need to take classes to help you understand this.   Ideally your local community college is a good place to look.  Electronics Technology is the name of the course of study.  If none is available, then try the American Radio Relay League.

http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-radio-license-class

No, you do not get a ham station until you get your license…Let me amend this…You can get a receiver and listen, but you cannot send without a license. 

what if i want to be a dick and talk anyways without a license?
A

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
You could well be busted.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
moved then...

Water and water pressure are often used to explain electrical concepts to a beginner.

Take a garden hose.

The diameter of the hose is the resistance.

The pressure on the water from, say, a pump or a water tower is the voltage.

The amount of water coming out of the hose measured in, say, gallons per minute, is the Amperage.

You could increase the voltage by turning up the pump, increasing the height of the water tower, or by covering up part of the hose, the latter would increase the voltage by increasing the resistance. We've all covered up part of a water fountain to make the water spray farther.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Water and water pressure are often used to explain electrical concepts to a beginner.

Take a garden hose.

The amount of water coming out of the hose measured in, say, gallons per minute, is the Amperage.

You could increase the voltage by turning up the pump, increasing the height of the water tower, or by covering up part of the hose, the latter would increase the voltage by increasing the resistance. We've all covered up part of a water fountain to make the water spray farther.
best explanation I've ever read

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

Take a garden hose.

what if i want to increase the voltage without increasing the current
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

Sounds like a bullshit tax.  By what right does a licensing body claim ownership of frequencies used by individuals?  I'm amazed people used to put up with it.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
best explanation I've ever read

not really, this theory does not adress the issues of current and voltage in a precise manner
if watts are total energetic power (current times voltage=watts=total energetic power) i am purposly excluding resistance from equation to be simple

then voltage is better termed as simple a multiplier of current , its nonsensible to call it pressure sense electricity flows nothing like water!

more indepthly this equation may be incorrect but we must also subtract resistance , include atmospheric conditions, magnetic polarities, static charges and solar winds and ionispheric conditions when getting a true "insanely" precise calculation of watts
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Sounds like a bullshit tax.  By what right does a licensing body claim ownership of frequencies used by individuals?  I'm amazed people used to put up with it.
id be interested in how they track down "offenders" using different stations and trolling for forbidden electric knowledges
A

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
what if i want to increase the voltage without increasing the current

The Formula, called Ohm's Law is Amps = Volts/Resistance

If Voltage is 110 and Resistance is 10, then Amps, or current, is 11.

So, if you bump up the Voltage to 220, and you want to keep the Amps the same, you'll have to also double the Resistance to 20.

Usually, you want to increase the Amperage, as some appliances, like Air Conditioners, can run on 220 Volts. To do this, you have to DECREASE resistance, by adding a second wire or one that can take more amps.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
The Formula, called Ohm's Law is Amps = Volts/Resistance

If Voltage is 110 and Resistance is 10, then Amps, or current, is 11.

So, if you bump up the Voltage to 220, and you want to keep the Amps the same, you'll have to also double the Resistance to 20.

Usually, you want to increase the Amperage, as some appliances, like Air Conditioners, can run on 220 Volts. To do this, you have to DECREASE resistance, by adding a second wire or one that can take more amps.

does the size of the wire effect resistance? thinner wire more resistance. i thought increasing voltage automatically increases resistance
A

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
does the size of the wire effect resistance? thinner wire more resistance. i thought increasing voltage automatically increases resistance

The size of the wire (conductor) determines the resistance. The bigger the wire, the lesser the resistance, as more electricity can get through.

If you increase Voltage going through a wire you'll also increase Amperage, but the resistance stays the same.

Voltage really isn't force, per say, but potential force. In that Water Tower example I gave, the height of the tower determines the potential force, but if the tower is plugged up, there is no force. Only by unplugging it, decreasing the resistance, do you create the force.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
what if i want to be a dick and talk anyways without a license?
isn't that what you re doing right now?    ;D

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

This is a good example of decreasing resistance.

By grabbing the wire, the idiot opened up a new pathway for the current: through his body.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Is this Bro science ?