Author Topic: Neighbor keeps F'n slamming his front door!!  (Read 19749 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: Neighbor keeps F'n slamming his front door!!
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2014, 07:20:53 AM »
BETA OF PEACE ! Props for choosing to be a doormat and living comfortably with it.  Whatever works for you I suppose !

El Diablo Beto is so beta, he changes his girls tampons for her

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2014, 07:22:41 AM »
BETA OF PEACE ! Props for choosing to be a doormat and living comfortably with it.  Whatever works for you I suppose !

So am I supposed to run after everyone who lets their hotel door slam week after week?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2014, 07:29:16 AM »
So am I supposed to run after everyone who lets their hotel door slam week after week?

Peace is not for the weak

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2014, 07:32:07 AM »
Either that or find an alternate lifestyle that doesn't include being awoken most nights.  If you are happy to compromise your sleep and tolerate arseholes, that's your choice.  Me I prefer to sleep deeply, soundly and in peace and quiet, and that's exactly what I do.
V

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2014, 08:28:36 AM »
Ted Kaczynski's peacefull living quarters.

Teddy K.....the child prodigy from Evergreen Park, Illinois.

Go Harvard!!!!!!     ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2014, 08:30:00 AM »
I've lived in this pretty nice apartment building for almost 5 years. ALL my neighbors are quiet and respectful. A little while ago, I started being woken up late at night, or early in the morning by a door being slammed shut really hard. I didn't know who was doing it. So, the next time it happened, I dashed for my front door and and went into the hall, to see this arab guy walking away from his apartment. He's diagonal from me. I wasn't going to shout out loud at him in the hallway, so, I wrote a note, telling him that I have been woken up several times to his slamming his front door shut. He wrote me back saying he wasn't aware and apologized for the inconvenience. Since then, he was quieter for a couple of days, but is back to slamming his door shut. It seems like this fucking guy doesn't sleep and I hear other people in there sometimes (he lives in a damn studio) and has no consideration for his neighbors. He's new to this building (The guy before him never did that). Not sure what to do at this point. Building management won't do shit, so that would be a waste of time going to them. I mean, how fucking hard is it to close a door (your damn front door) without smashing it closed every time? Suggestions?

Sounds like your new neighbor needs to be introduced to your tube sock full of nickels.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2014, 08:43:51 AM »
If the doors swing into the apartment....go to the hardware store and buy some of that expanding spray foam insulation. The next time he leaves and slams the door....spray it all around the door in the gap between the door and door stop.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2014, 09:09:44 AM »
If the doors swing into the apartment....go to the hardware store and buy some of that expanding spray foam insulation. The next time he leaves and slams the door....spray it all around the door in the gap between the door and door stop.

Damaging the property will get him kicked out of a place he's been for 5 years.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2014, 09:18:35 AM »
Does he know you're Danimal77 from GetBig? That alone should put the fear of God into him.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2014, 09:38:04 AM »
He just needs to get the tbomz bunny suit photo, blow it up and tape it to the guys door.  He'll never slam it again.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2014, 09:39:24 AM »
An Arab in a studio apartment up all hours of the night with many voices coming from said apartment? I'd think about moving. Las Vegas would put a betting line of 2/1 that his apartment was full of explosives and he slams the door shut because he unconsciously wants to make sure the door is shut and stays shut so no one walks in and sees what he and his friends are planning...

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2014, 09:43:02 AM »
Next time you see him, tell him if he wakes you again, that you "are gonna slam his butthole shut"

Then initiate a crab most muscular and side step away, without breaking eye contact.

lmfao

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2014, 09:45:08 AM »
An Arab in a studio apartment up all hours of the night with many voices coming from said apartment? I'd think about moving. Las Vegas would put a betting line of 2/1 that his apartment was full of explosives and he slams the door shut because he unconsciously wants to make sure the door is shut and stays shut so no one walks in and sees what he and his friends are planning...

Yep, all billion arabs are planning bomb attacks  ::)

Probably a bunch of people sharing rent and paying $10 a month for somewhere to sleep.  Majority probably drive cabs or work in restaurants and are up late.  When I rented a while back i had the wrong mail sent to me.  I went to drop it off at the person's apartment and it was an indian dude, when he opened it there were something like 20 indians living in there.  All dudes.  7 or so were playing cards, a few sleeping on matresses on the floor and a bunch watching TV. Pretty sure most couldn't qualify to rent an apartment on their own so one does it and lets the other 20 live there.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2014, 09:49:45 AM »
Never met one apartment dweller who wasn't unhappy with his neighbors.  People's satisfaction with their neighbors is proportional to the distance between them.  Solve the door slammer and sooner or later you'll still have to battle the music guy, leadfoot, curry lover, the bad parker, the loud humper, the public humper, Mr Chatty, Mr Surly, flirty married woman, the laundry room queue jumper, and seven kinds of what have you.

This is true, but you left out the dog continuously barking.

I work in RE Mgmt and deal with this all the time. Ironically, if you live in an apartment building, you're better off in a small apartment. In a large one, you're more likely to have a family living above you, and that means kids running around all day over your head.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2014, 09:52:37 AM »
Yep, all billion arabs are planning bomb attacks  ::)

Probably a bunch of people sharing rent and paying $10 a month for somewhere to sleep.  Majority probably drive cabs or work in restaurants and are up late.  When I rented a while back i had the wrong mail sent to me.  I went to drop it off at the person's apartment and it was an indian dude, when he opened it there were something like 20 indians living in there.  All dudes.  7 or so were playing cards, a few sleeping on matresses on the floor and a bunch watching TV. Pretty sure most couldn't qualify to rent an apartment on their own so one does it and lets the other 20 live there.

All Arabs aren't planning bomb attacks. That's why the Vegas line is at 2/1...If everyone of them were then they wouldn't give a betting line because there would be no money to be made. If there are a billion Arabs, then 2/1 line would assume that 500 million had bombs. Basically a coin flip...

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2014, 09:54:29 AM »
Imagine how much tension would be avoided if we used the sliding doors they used in Shogun Japan?

Let me tell you, Japan can teach us a thing or two!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2014, 09:59:33 AM »
Not sure what state you live in but write to your landlord/leasing office of the situation in a polite manner even though there seems to be a rock in the road. Tell them you've tried handling the situation in a calm and peaceable manner but to no resolve. Then specify in the letter that this letter serves as notice to them of the uninhabitable conditions as the noise has violated your right to quiet and enjoyment and interferes with your safety, health, and well being. Insert some stuff on your sleeping and how it interferes with your job.
Wait for response. Give 30 days. Send notice number 2. If keeps happening launch notice letter number 3. Notice 3, should state you will be vacating apartment at their expense and they have violated the lease agreement (habitability is implied for leases unless commercial).

Hopefully, they'll respond to you in some manner in writing, and then you can set them up to really pay for your moving expenses.....check you state's deceptive trade practices act.....you can also mention in the notice letter that managements actions of not helping is perceived as deceptive and misleading this will hint to them legal action...and that you relied to your detriment of their statements when you entered into the rent agreement. Did you rely to your detriment when you though management would help you with repairs and situations on the premise?  (usually when you go to their website they have a complaint link, work order or while looking at apartment did they say something like, "management will make repairs.....help...etc."

Throw in you don't want to confront the person making noise again as you don't want to escalate the situation (law doesn't believe in tenant self-help). Also, creates liability situation on premises should the issue escalate to violence.

Some states if you have 3 noise complaints (police come out) you can automatically vacate premise and not be held liable. Kind of tough here cause a door is slamming and a noise complaint is a misdemeanor (requires officer to have witnessed) so if it was loud music would be better.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2014, 10:55:35 AM »
This is true, but you left out the dog continuously barking.

Nah, I never leave out the dog.  He comes to work every day!

I left it out by design.  I'm way too indulgent with mine but I can't bear thinking about people who confine their dog in an 8'x8' space with minimal socialization are then mystified when the animal is unhappy and misbehaves.  I wrath out.  They're undogworthy. 

Tell them if they love thier dog they should move somewhere that it can have the space it needs.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2014, 11:07:24 AM »
It has been at least 48 years since I've lived in an apartment. There was only one apartment where we had a slight noise problem. The apartments where actually townhouses. The unfortunate design aspect was that our stairs and our neighbor's stairs were on opposite sides of the common wall. They had small children who were on the stairs all the time. Sometimes it seemed as if a herd of elephants were going up or down the stairs. Overtime, we got used to it. It's part of apartment living.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2014, 11:08:40 AM »
Do it Vince Basile style. Write him a wordy letter again, but this time in navy

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2014, 12:23:39 PM »
Give the guy a break, it's Ramadan..

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2014, 03:32:37 PM »
start learning a new instrument like bagpipes or drums.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2014, 03:34:29 PM »
My man IrishDave would know just what to do with that door!  ;D

Just kidding Dave,put that gun down buddy!  ;)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2014, 03:36:53 PM »
Not sure what state you live in but write to your landlord/leasing office of the situation in a polite manner even though there seems to be a rock in the road. Tell them you've tried handling the situation in a calm and peaceable manner but to no resolve. Then specify in the letter that this letter serves as notice to them of the uninhabitable conditions as the noise has violated your right to quiet and enjoyment and interferes with your safety, health, and well being. Insert some stuff on your sleeping and how it interferes with your job.
Wait for response. Give 30 days. Send notice number 2. If keeps happening launch notice letter number 3. Notice 3, should state you will be vacating apartment at their expense and they have violated the lease agreement (habitability is implied for leases unless commercial).

Hopefully, they'll respond to you in some manner in writing, and then you can set them up to really pay for your moving expenses.....check you state's deceptive trade practices act.....you can also mention in the notice letter that managements actions of not helping is perceived as deceptive and misleading this will hint to them legal action...and that you relied to your detriment of their statements when you entered into the rent agreement. Did you rely to your detriment when you though management would help you with repairs and situations on the premise?  (usually when you go to their website they have a complaint link, work order or while looking at apartment did they say something like, "management will make repairs.....help...etc."

Throw in you don't want to confront the person making noise again as you don't want to escalate the situation (law doesn't believe in tenant self-help). Also, creates liability situation on premises should the issue escalate to violence.

Some states if you have 3 noise complaints (police come out) you can automatically vacate premise and not be held liable. Kind of tough here cause a door is slamming and a noise complaint is a misdemeanor (requires officer to have witnessed) so if it was loud music would be better.

I don't take kindly to disrespect. not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

spent many yrs in a place where if you talk slick and say something out of line to somebody, you know that when you say it, you better be ready for what happens. most ppl here in the 'real world', aren't ready for what could happen.. and run their mouths like the world is a make believe cartoon. despite wearing nice slacks, polished shoes and a nice shirt, the guy you steal that parking spot from at the grocery store and proceed to flip off, may have just gotten out of prison and will have no problem identifying they bitch in you and proceed to teach you a lesson by taking you down to the ground and kicking out your teeth before you even know what happened.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day.

Girls and sons who have not been loved by their fathers seek attention once teens and adults to compensate for what they didnt have originally. Fathers either left them alone, or were distant most of the time and not encouraging them. Some even despised them which would shape their personality and the way they d interact with others for the rest of their life.
They are extremistic in everything they do, always looking exageratly for attention, and have troubles adapting to society's rules, because they also have troubles defining their own identity and respecting authority and hierarchy.

Also boys who got picked on by others during childhood and adolescence -often sons without a father figure- try to compensate by lifting weights, to develop muscles and survive in ther male world. They re insecure because they re girly, childish, feminine having been raised by a single mom. They lift obsessively hoping it will transform them into men, to compensate for their lack of influence from a father figure that was not there. Unfortunaltey they can get as big as they can it doesnt cure their insecurity and who they truly are, how they grew up being raised by a single mom. They re no as manly as other men whatever they do, and they often have a big lack of masculine presence they dont know how to balance, hence often being borderline homosexuals while trying to get their manhood back thru various manly activities (mma, cars, weight lifting etc). They are often the ones that, in order to get respect from other males will go the steroids route to get even "bigger" attemptint to cure their insecurity , but being natural not being "enough", they still feel "too small", insecure, amongst other males. The lack of a father figure also often means they didnt have guidance to continue studies and are often working shitty manual jobs.

"You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands.

A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke.

In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel.

To kill! Period! Win by attrition.

Well Rambo was the best"

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2014, 03:37:57 PM »
they drew first blood