Author Topic: Two Old Farts talk about the Good Old Days  (Read 9892 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Two Old Farts talk about the Good Old Days
« on: July 22, 2014, 09:45:38 PM »
Ron, you should have someone interview Ed

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Two Old Farts talk about the Good Old Days
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:52:43 PM »

"They're the ones that are short-sighted. Now in 6 months I could still be in the van. But If I can out lift everybody, out squat them, out bench them, out deadlift them, then who's the king?"
X

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:54:38 PM »
"The Golden era was better cause we were all friends  and there was no money involved"

I'm sure The Master Blaster is smiling from above every time he hears that classic phrase

WoooSSHHHHHHH them Principles $$$$$$$

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 10:03:59 PM »
I never met Ed. But I did know Zabo, Joe, Arnold, Sergio, Frank, Armand, Ray Mentzer, Seymour Koenig and a few of the other guys.

Nice to see that Eddie is still the same guy. In the old days nobody made any money...well except Joe W and Arnold and to a lesser degree Joe Gold.

The guys hung out together and the lifestyle was fun.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 10:05:09 PM »

I see when and a lot of the older bodybuilders usually at Muscle Beach.

Very cool and respectful...

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 03:38:38 AM »

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 03:55:56 AM »
I never met Ed. But I did know Zabo, Joe, Arnold, Sergio, Frank, Armand, Ray Mentzer, Seymour Koenig and a few of the other guys.

Nice to see that Eddie is still the same guy. In the old days nobody made any money...well except Joe W and Arnold and to a lesser degree Joe Gold.

If you never met or knew him how do you know " . . . that Eddie is still the same guy." You fucken douche.

THE BEEF

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 09:22:41 AM »
I see when and a lot of the older bodybuilders usually at Muscle Beach.

Very cool and respectful...

Ed seems like a cool old Italian guy and still busting Drasin's balls which is funny

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 09:33:07 AM »

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 10:09:20 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 09:08:02 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 10:27:33 PM »
Ron, you should have someone interview Ed

You need to stick to posting about stuff like this. On that note. I knew Eddie when I trained with Doug Brignole. he was Joe Golds right hand man when Joe had Worlds Gym in Santa Monica. He was awesome with some great stories. That was a great interview.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 10:29:02 PM »

Zabo was in the same gym as Joe Gold and Eddie. How could you have not met him?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 11:08:40 PM »
I was in Golds for a couple of days in 1991. I guess Ed Giuliani was there but I didn't talk to him much. When I was at Golds for a whole month back in

October 1968 I got to talk to Joe, Zabo, Dave Draper, Arnold, Chuck Fautz and Seymour Koenig.

There was a funny story about one of my visits in 1991. I wanted to talk to Zabo at World Gym. I think it was in the evening. I was told he

was asleep in the cupboard. I didn't know whether he was there or not. Apparently Joe Gold didn't like Zabo sleeping on the job so

Zabo, being the resouceful guy he was, slept there and if Joe called he would be notified. I didn't get to talk to Zabo that night.

Zabo always used to say there was no gold at the end of the rainbow in bodybuilding.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 12:02:19 AM »
I was in Golds for a couple of days in 1991. I guess Ed Giuliani was there but I didn't talk to him much. When I was at Golds for a whole month back in

October 1968 I got to talk to Joe, Zabo, Dave Draper, Arnold, Chuck Fautz and Seymour Koenig.

There was a funny story about one of my visits in 1991. I wanted to talk to Zabo at World Gym. I think it was in the evening. I was told he

was asleep in the cupboard. I didn't know whether he was there or not. Apparently Joe Gold didn't like Zabo sleeping on the job so

Zabo, being the resouceful guy he was, slept there and if Joe called he would be notified. I didn't get to talk to Zabo that night.

Zabo always used to say there was no gold at the end of the rainbow in bodybuilding.

NO ONE CARES.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 03:46:59 AM »
You need to stick to posting about stuff like this. On that note. I knew Eddie when I trained with Doug Brignole. he was Joe Golds right hand man when Joe had Worlds Gym in Santa Monica. He was awesome with some great stories. That was a great interview.
I envy  hate you Joe........training and hanging out with all those legends.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 03:46:55 PM »

You should stick to not posting at all.

how many times have you melted down and said you were leaving and then changed your name

I recall Joe Loco, Mr Intense One and I think you had one or two more or maybe I'm confusing your number of former user names with the number of your ex wives

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 08:10:42 AM »
I used to see Giuliani in Golds every day. Same personality as today. When I was there(1973) the crowd included Arnold, Franco, Robbie, Frank Zane, Ken Waller and Ed. They would train in the morning and be on Venice beach in the Afternoon.
There was a great Swedish smorgasborg up the hill, $1.60, all you could eat(or sneak out in a gym bag).
All of those guys were good guys, no assholes, not arrogant, treated everyone the same. (Waller seemed a little surly at times).

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 08:55:26 AM »
I used to see Giuliani in Golds every day. Same personality as today. When I was there(1973) the crowd included Arnold, Franco, Robbie, Frank Zane, Ken Waller and Ed. They would train in the morning and be on Venice beach in the Afternoon.
There was a great Swedish smorgasborg up the hill, $1.60, all you could eat(or sneak out in a gym bag).
All of those guys were good guys, no assholes, not arrogant, treated everyone the same. (Waller seemed a little surly at times).

To put it into perspective... $1.60 in 1973 is approximately $8.77 in 2014.  G4P paid a lot less then too.

You can thank the Federal reserve and central banking for all the US dollar debasement.

http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 08:59:24 AM »

"They're the ones that are short-sighted. Now in 6 months I could still be in the van. But If I can out lift everybody, out squat them, out bench them, out deadlift them, then who's the king?"

Until he blows out his back, shoulder, knee or tears a pec.

Mental illness is a bitch.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »
You should stick to not posting at all.

how many times have you melted down and said you were leaving and then changed your name

I recall Joe Loco, Mr Intense One and I think you had one or two more or maybe I'm confusing your number of former user names with the number of your ex wives

And just like on the poli board. You change the subject.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 03:22:31 PM »
And just like on the poli board. You change the subject.

and just like any board you post on you're a certified moron

my post was a direct reply to your post

if you don't like it then you should stay on topic next time

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 04:06:23 PM »

NO ONE CARES.

You care because you took the time to post that no one cares. He always just dives into a personal story no matter the thread, I find his posts hilarious.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 05:37:29 PM »
You care because you took the time to post that no one cares. He always just dives into a personal story no matter the thread, I find his posts hilarious.

NO ONE CARES.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 06:36:10 PM »

This story was posted on Ironage by a member and this old douche plagiarized it.

THE BEEF