Author Topic: The Cigar Thread-In Honour of Winston Churchill  (Read 2331 times)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
The Cigar Thread-In Honour of Winston Churchill
« on: July 23, 2014, 07:47:22 AM »

All of the pics below are of my own cigars which I smoked at some point this year so far.

No1, my favourite stick by a margin:

No2, paired with a Mojito

Behike 56, the king of Cubans

15 year aged Gurkha, a memorable smoke, very much recommended.

Didn't really rate this cigar, but the whiskey made up for it.

S

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
Re: The Cigar Thread-In Honour of Winston Churchill
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 07:50:33 AM »

S

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 09:22:17 AM »
Never smoked a fine Cigar.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 11:21:11 AM »

Still got my [badly in need of rehydrating] box of Monte 2s.  Never smoked a Churchill.  That's a lot of leaf.  If you can puff for 45 mins without going green then you're a better man than I, Gunga Din.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 01:54:05 PM »
Still got my [badly in need of rehydrating] box of Monte 2s.  Never smoked a Churchill.  That's a lot of leaf.  If you can puff for 45 mins without going green then you're a better man than I, Gunga Din.

Do you inhale Tapeworm?

There's a certain technique to smoking cigars. Also if you're new a mild flavoured cigar would Jennifer enjoyable. The epicure no2 I got above is perfect for that. I still enjoy mild to medium cigars mostly. Although habanos mild flavour equates medium other country cigars.
S

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 01:55:12 PM »
Never smoked a fine Cigar.

There's something very relaxing and meditative about lighting up a cigar in a quiet corner in a good place.
S

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 02:09:24 PM »

Simple Simon

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 02:09:54 PM »

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 12:44:42 PM »
There's something very relaxing and meditative about lighting up a cigar in a quiet corner in a good place.

Indeed. If you are in doubt whether you have the time, you should not light one up.

Agreed on the Behike 56, it's become my go-to cigar in recent months*. Used to be all about maduros but my taste seems to be mellowing out a bit.

*Come to think of it, I'm smoking one in my avatar.  :D

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 03:09:21 AM »
Indeed. If you are in doubt whether you have the time, you should not light one up.

Agreed on the Behike 56, it's become my go-to cigar in recent months*. Used to be all about maduros but my taste seems to be mellowing out a bit.

*Come to think of it, I'm smoking one in my avatar.  :D

Cool stick,

I have one Behike left, I think I'm going for it tonight.

I have a Friday night ritual where I sit in the balcony and get a beer or a whiskey and just let the dust from the whole week settle in my head.The one below from last Friday, I quite like this cigar actually.

S

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 03:17:34 AM »
Cool stick,

I have one Behike left, I think I'm going for it tonight.

I have a Friday night ritual where I sit in the balcony and get a beer or a whiskey and just let the dust from the whole week settle in my head.The one below from last Friday, I quite like this cigar actually.

I ran out last weekend, so will have to drop by the dealer. The Joya you're holding, is that the Celebracion in Churchill?

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 03:29:19 AM »
I ran out last weekend, so will have to drop by the dealer. The Joya you're holding, is that the Celebracion in Churchill?

It's a Rothschild, hence much shorter. I rarely smoke Chruchills, mostly on holiday as it takes so long to finish them, the Behike 56 is even longer.

This one is a 53 ring and 11.4cm long. I like them thick and medium length (no homo)

Lately, I get most my cigars from this website http://www.top25cigars.co.uk/   they ship from Poland and I save 30/40% sometimes on my shop prices. The Behike 56 is sold in a shop in the City near my work at £54 a piece, you can get it here at £35

S

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 03:36:12 AM »
It's a Rothschild, hence much shorter. I rarely smoke Chruchills, mostly on holiday as it takes so long to finish them, the Behike 56 is even longer.

This one is a 53 ring and 11.4cm long. I like them thick and medium length (no homo)

Lately, I get most my cigars from this website http://www.top25cigars.co.uk/   they ship from Poland and I save 30/40% sometimes on my shop prices. The Behike 56 is sold in a shop in the City near my work at £54 a piece, you can get it here at £35

Mohammed on a unicycle, you Londoners are getting violated! Those Behikes sell for 42 euros here in Holland, even after that import tariff changed for Cuban imports. Will check out that site, though I'm wary of buying such things online. I like smelling and fondling them first. ;)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 03:50:35 AM »
Mohammed on a unicycle, you Londoners are getting violated! Those Behikes sell for 42 euros here in Holland, even after that import tariff changed for Cuban imports. Will check out that site, though I'm wary of buying such things online. I like smelling and fondling them first. ;)

We get shafted over here, I think it's the tobacco taxes.
S