Author Topic: Liberal Hypocrisy  (Read 95371 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Liberal Hypocrisy
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2014, 12:55:12 PM »
No Straw, lets ignore Michael Moore's other statements, and instead cherry pick ones that we can use to support a charge of hypocrisy even if those cherry picked statements do little to show a hypocrisy.

Let's then also ignore his actual criticism of capitalism and just ignorantly assume that any criticism he makes against capitalism means he totally against capitalism. 

Just me criticizing the San Francisco 49'ers but also wearing a 49'er baseball cap.

Sound logic for the easily manipulated unthinking masses. 

even funnier is Faux News taking this one snip out of context and then trying to make a story out of whole cloth about Moore being a hyporcite

how the fuck is this nonsense considered "news" in the first place

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2014, 12:56:14 PM »
When that fat fuck communist lard ass needs surgery - lets see if he flies down to Cuba for it 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2014, 12:59:06 PM »
even funnier is Faux News taking this one snip out of context and then trying to make a story out of whole cloth about Moore being a hyporcite

how the fuck is this nonsense considered "news" in the first place

are they taking it out of context?

i'm honestly asking. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2014, 01:07:53 PM »
No.  You saying the 49ers are evil and profit off of poor people, then selling 49er caps and using that income to make money off of poor people would make you a hypocrite.  That's a much closer analogy. 

No, Moore's criticism of Capitalism and its abuses are not related to him making movies and profiting off those movies. does he say in his movies ITS NOT OK to profit?  Or is he saying there are abuses that are unethical with in capitalism?

therefore.....  your analogy of the 49'ers profiting from poor people and him selling caps doesn't fit at all.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2014, 01:12:48 PM »
are they taking it out of context?

i'm honestly asking. 

do you see any context or anything following that statement (such as the quote I posted)

do you see him say anything against private ownership of real property or businesses?

after all, it's the fact that he owns real estate that the Faux News people are trying to claim is hypocrisy

what would truly be hypocrisy is if Moore had his millions invested with Goldman Sachs instead of in real estate

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2014, 01:12:52 PM »
No, Moore's criticism of Capitalism and its abuses are not related to him making movies and profiting off those movies. does he say in his movies ITS NOT OK to profit?  Or is he saying there are abuses that are unethical with in capitalism?

therefore.....  your analogy of the 49'ers profiting from poor people and him selling caps doesn't fit at all.

Yes, calling capitalism evil, claiming he is not part of the 1 percent, etc., etc., then making enormous profits using that same evil system is completely hypocritical.  

Actually, he's not part of the 1 percent.  He's part of the 1/10 of 1 percent.  Good too see that the evil capitalist system was so good to him.  It's almost comical that he made his fortune selling the very thing he condemns, likely on the backs of people who can never afford to own nine homes.  

But if there is one thing I don't expect from many liberals, it's consistency.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2014, 01:14:11 PM »
Yes, calling capitalism evil, claiming he is not part of the 1 percent, etc., etc., then making enormous profits using that same evil system is completely hypocritical.  

Actually, he's not part of the 1 percent.  He's part of the 1/10 of 1 percent.  Good too see that the evil capitalist system was so good to him.  It's almost comical that he made is fortune selling the very thing he condemns, likely on the backs of people who can never afford to own nine homes.  

But if there is one thing I don't expect from many liberals, it's consistency.  

Its comical how California liberal dolts like ozmo straw buy into this bullshit hook line and sinker

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2014, 01:20:32 PM »
Its comical how California liberal dolts like ozmo straw buy into this bullshit hook line and sinker

Hey Closet Queen,

Learn to read or even better yet just stick to posting about how much you wish Obama was gay
I don't have access to the movie online and I don't necessarily agree with Moore's blanket statement but it's also a snip of a quote and I don't have the full context.  If you have a longer clip then please post it.

I found this quote which I think (don't know for sure) is also from the film and may even follow the "evil" statement

It doesn't sound to me like he has any problem with PRIVATE OWNERSHIP or real property or businesses and we know he has no problem with some forms of capitalism such as making movies and selling tickets to those movies.

Given that, I see no hypocrisy at all in owning a bunch of real estate.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2014, 01:21:42 PM »

Yeah, when you take his comments out of context, paint it with a broad brush, and then ignore everything else he says on subject.  You are right, very hypocritical.   ::)

That's how we should go about things right?  Just pick out the one thing that fits into our BIAS VIEW and block everything else out.  Brilliant.

We all should be striving for that kind of awareness.  We could even do it physically.  We could paint over the lenses of our glasses except for a little tiny hole the size of a pin.....  that way we can have tunnel vision and not have to see anything we don't want to see allowing us to DAM anyone or anything that doesn't fit into the stereotype we place on them.  

Progress, the conservative way:  

LABEL IGNORE DEMONIZE!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2014, 01:24:04 PM »

I doubt your stupid ass has anything intelligence to contribute to the conversation other than, CHOOB, THUG CHUMP QUEER blah blah.

So keep to yourself you conservative cry baby.

LABEL IGNORE DEMONIZE!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2014, 01:29:14 PM »
Yeah, when you take his comments out of context, paint it with a broad brush, and then ignore everything else he says on subject.  You are right, very hypocritical.   ::)

That's how we should go about things right?  Just pick out the one thing that fits into our BIAS VIEW and block everything else out.  Brilliant.

We all should be striving for that kind of awareness.  We could even do it physically.  We could paint over the lenses of our glasses except for a little tiny hole the size of a pin.....  that way we can have tunnel vision and not have to see anything we don't want to see allowing us to DAM anyone or anything that doesn't fit into the stereotype we place on them.  

Progress, the conservative way:  

LABEL IGNORE DEMONIZE!

Or, we could cherry pick some comments, split hairs, and ignore the actual words the man said.  I prefer my approach. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2014, 01:33:37 PM »
I doubt your stupid ass has anything intelligence to contribute to the conversation other than, CHOOB, THUG CHUMP QUEER blah blah.

So keep to yourself you conservative cry baby.

LABEL IGNORE DEMONIZE!

FAGbama and her husband should focus on more important issues than this nonsense. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2014, 01:34:38 PM »
Or, we could cherry pick some comments, split hairs, and ignore the actual words the man said.  I prefer my approach. 

EXACTLY!

You LABELED him a hypocrite

You have IGNORED the other words he said and the context upon which he said "CAPITALISM IS EVIL"

And then have proceeded to DEMONIZE him.  

Progress and truth in action folks!

Tunnel vision truth!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2014, 01:36:06 PM »
FAGbama and her husband should focus on more important issues than this nonsense. 

Oh look a homosexual reference about OB in an discussion from SC.

Why am i not surprised?

Another quip from the conservative cry baby.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »
EXACTLY!

You LABELED him a hypocrite

You have IGNORED the other words he said and the context upon which he said "CAPITALISM IS EVIL"

And then have proceeded to DEMONIZE him.  

Progress and truth in action folks!

Tunnel vision truth!

I labeled him a hypocrite because that's what he is.  You're the one inserting your own definitions, claiming he has to be a communist before we can call him a hypocrite.  I guess that's one way to look at it, but it doesn't make sense to me.

I haven't demonized him.  I didn't call him a bad person.  I didn't fault him for making money.  I have no problem with him making bank.  He's just a hypocrite and all the poor saps who buy his product helped him profit off the very system he condemned.  The irony is strong. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2014, 01:49:38 PM »
I labeled him a hypocrite because that's what he is. 

You labeled him a hypocrite because that's what you think he is.  Its you opinion nothing more.  Its a label that's based on a BIAS that ignores all his other comments.  It s also an opinion that ignores the reasons for the comment: "Capitalism is evil" so that you can demonize him by call him a hypocrite

Hence:  tunnel vision truth.

You're the one inserting your own definitions, claiming he has to be a communist before we can call him a hypocrite.  I guess that's one way to look at it, but it doesn't make sense to me.

No i gave an example of how a charge of hypocrisy would be better justified, INSTEAD of cherry picking, labeling, ignoring and demonizing.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2014, 01:50:20 PM »
I labeled him a hypocrite because that's what he is.  You're the one inserting your own definitions, claiming he has to be a communist before we can call him a hypocrite.  I guess that's one way to look at it, but it doesn't make sense to me.

I haven't demonized him.  I didn't call him a bad person.  I didn't fault him for making money.  I have no problem with him making bank.  He's just a hypocrite and all the poor saps who buy his product helped him profit off the very system he condemned.  The irony is strong. 

yes, because you've shown that Moore has stated he is opposed to private ownership of property

right?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2014, 01:51:42 PM »
yes, because you've shown that Moore has stated he is opposed to private ownership of property

right?

TUNNEL VISION TRUTH

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2014, 01:59:25 PM »
You labeled him a hypocrite because that's what you think he is.  Its you opinion nothing more.  Its a label that's based on a BIAS that ignores all his other comments.  It s also an opinion that ignores the reasons for the comment: "Capitalism is evil" so that you can demonize him by call him a hypocrite

Hence:  tunnel vision truth.

No i gave an example of how a charge of hypocrisy would be better justified, INSTEAD of cherry picking, labeling, ignoring and demonizing.

Obviously me calling him a hypocrite is my opinion.  Just like you cherry picking comments, ignoring others, splitting hairs, and creating your own definitions to avoid calling him a hypocrite is your opinion. 

Calling him a hypocrite is not demonizing him. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »
Michael Moore may be a hypocrite or maybe he just found a way to make money. Every filmmaker needs a gimmick. Heck he might of actually believed in what he documented in his films in the beginning. In our society money equals power. "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2014, 02:02:43 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/29/china-xinjiang-attack_n_5630146.html

Lib - hypocrisy - focusing on Christians - never say shit about towel sand rats

Typical leftist crack pot lib commie bs

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2014, 02:04:43 PM »
Michael Moore may be a hypocrite or maybe he just found a way to make money. Every filmmaker needs a gimmick. Heck he might of actually believed in what he documented in his films in the beginning. In our society money equals power. "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

I can agree with this. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2014, 02:22:55 PM »
Obviously me calling him a hypocrite is my opinion.  Just like you cherry picking comments, ignoring others, splitting hairs, and creating your own definitions to avoid calling him a hypocrite is your opinion. 

Calling him a hypocrite is not demonizing him. 

I've not ignored his comments.  I.have used them in many of my posts explaining that there were reasons for why he said them.   Perhaps that's another thing you are ignoring....how I have put them in my reponses

Have you taken into consideration any of Moore's other comments?   See Straws post.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2014, 02:25:14 PM »
I've not ignored his comments.  I.have used them in many of my posts explaining that there were reasons for why he said them.   Perhaps that's another thing you are ignoring....how I have put them in my reponses

Have you taken into consideration any of Moore's other comments?   See Straws post.

No, I usually ignore posts from the Village Idiot.   :D

But I think where you and I disagree is the scope of the context.  You are placing a much narrower focus on his anti-capitalist talk than me. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2014, 02:40:29 PM »
No, I usually ignore posts from the Village Idiot.   :D

But I think where you and I disagree is the scope of the context.  You are placing a much narrower focus on his anti-capitalist talk than me. 

Lol.  He posted a quote from Moore. 

I am looking at why he called capitalism evil.  If he owns  company that is doing those things he points out or or he himself is doing them, then IMO he's a hypocrite.

You seem to be talking his comment and applying a broad brush to it ignoring the reason and context for it.