Author Topic: Liberal Hypocrisy  (Read 96125 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Liberal Hypocrisy
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2014, 12:51:07 PM »
What context was he saying that in, and what other comments supports that context?

He said capitalism is evil.  He did not limit his comments to individuals or companies within the capitalist system.  An indictment of the entire system is as broad as you can get.  That's the context.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2014, 12:55:14 PM »
what are you saying?  that Goldman Sachs can steal from people but as long as they give you other money that was not stolen its perfectly acceptable to do business with them?  seriously?  i'm seriously starting to think you're just fucking with me now.

Weinstein's balance sheet is the one i'm referring to.  the article says that their company was funded with $500 million from Goldman Sachs and yes Michael Moore had to know that Goldman Sachs gave the Weinstein's $500 million dollars.  like I said, it was probably the biggest liability on Weinstein's balance sheet.

he sure does a lot of investigating of everyone in his documentaries.  are you saying he over looked the fact that the company who funded his documentary received $500 million from Goldman Sachs? 

and yes I don't know if this is true.  maybe its not.  all i'm saying is that if it is true ............  fuck yes that's EXTREMELY hypocritical. 

Like I said previously, GS was fined for specific activities and not merely for existing.

If you have any proof that Moore was aware of the association then simply post it and like I've said if he had knowledge of this association then I will absolutely agree with you.

Don't expect me to just believe it because it makes you feel better.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2014, 12:56:51 PM »
feel free to post proof that those funds were involved in the abusive practices that Moore criticized

feel free to post proof that Moore was even aware of the relationship (since we know he wasn't a direct client)

who's balance sheet are you speculating about?  Why are you even speculating at all?

Just provide some proof and I may well start agreeing with you

http://news.yahoo.com/gavin-polone-knocks-michael-moores-occupy-wall-street-231133595.html;_ylt=A0LEV0GsTNlTpz0AKnhXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyNDEycmRnBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDOARjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1FJMDQ5XzE-

ask Gavin polone.

I don't know I looked for the deposit slip but I can't find it.  what proof can I give that you will believe?

I mean it IS on the internet.

if Gavin Polone is NOT lying, yes Michael Moore is a hypocrite.  I will say no more on this.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2014, 01:06:45 PM »
He said capitalism is evil.  He did not limit his comments to individuals or companies within the capitalist system.  An indictment of the entire system is as broad as you can get.  That's the context.

No it isn't.  You want it to be, but its not. 

Its a broad brush statement that can mean many different things.  Especially if its subject is something as complex and multifaceted as capitalism.  That's why i can say the 49er's sucka nd they are the best team ever in the same sentence.

That's why his hypocrisy or lack thereof is in the details. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2014, 01:43:36 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/gavin-polone-knocks-michael-moores-occupy-wall-street-231133595.html;_ylt=A0LEV0GsTNlTpz0AKnhXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyNDEycmRnBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDOARjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1FJMDQ5XzE-

ask Gavin polone.

I don't know I looked for the deposit slip but I can't find it.  what proof can I give that you will believe?

I mean it IS on the internet.

if Gavin Polone is NOT lying, yes Michael Moore is a hypocrite.  I will say no more on this.

Your link does not actually reference Polone's article and like your other link (again not his actual article) show no proof that Moore had any knowledge of the relationship between GS and The Weinstein Company.

You mentioned their balance sheet a couple of time.  Do you think Moore personally demanded to review their balance sheet and do you think the money from GS was a single line item labeled "MONEY FROM GOLDMAN SACHS"

Are you really an accountant?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2014, 02:16:24 PM »
No it isn't.  You want it to be, but its not. 

Its a broad brush statement that can mean many different things.  Especially if its subject is something as complex and multifaceted as capitalism.  That's why i can say the 49er's sucka nd they are the best team ever in the same sentence.

That's why his hypocrisy or lack thereof is in the details. 

I don't want it to be anything.  I don't care about that dude.  I have nothing invested in this. 

Yes, his comments can mean many things.  I've reached my own conclusions about them.  You've reached a different conclusion about them.  No biggie.   

You can say the 49ers are evil and profit off of poor fans, then sell 49er hats to poor fans making millions in the process.  That would make you a hypocrite, just like Moore. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2014, 02:23:49 PM »
I don't want it to be anything.  I don't care about that dude.  I have nothing invested in this. 

Yes, his comments can mean many things.  I've reached my own conclusions about them.  You've reached a different conclusion about them.  No biggie.   

You can say the 49ers are evil and profit off of poor fans, then sell 49er hats to poor fans making millions in the process.  That would make you a hypocrite, just like Moore. 

The difference is, I am not saying they are evil because they profit from poor fans by sellling caps, and I am not profiting from selling caps, just as Moore is not saying they are evil from owing property.

But again, its a whole lot easier to take comments, cherry pick them, paint them with a broad brush to force them to fit your opinion?

Label-Ignore-Demonize. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2014, 02:36:26 PM »
I've made Bum my bitch so many times that he knows he's better off ignoring me than getting his ass handed to him again.

How come nobody's ever seen that?

In fact, usually we see you dangling from his ball sack, pathetically desperate for him to even acknowledge your existence, endlessly hoping he'll toss you a word or phrase here and there.

Kinda pathetic really.

And creepy...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2014, 02:52:17 PM »

In fact, usually we see you dangling from his ball sack, pathetically desperate for him to even acknowledge your existence, endlessly hoping he'll toss you a word or phrase here and there.

Kinda pathetic really.

And creepy...

they've seen it

you've only been here since 2009

go back a quite a few years to the Focus on the Family threads with Dobson's advice on how to ungay your kid as an example

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »

Kinda pathetic really.

And creepy...

Absolute truth.  She is like a jilted ex-girlfriend.  Follows me around like a lost puppy.  lol

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2014, 04:06:20 PM »
go back a quite a few years to the Focus on the Family threads with Dobson's advice on how to ungay your kid as an example

Seriously? That was a thing that happened!?! ???

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2014, 04:16:27 PM »

Dobson wrote an article (or maybe it was in one of his books) about you can make your kid not be gay by doing things like "roughhousing with him" and teaching him to pound round pegs into round holes and most important to shower with him so that he can see your adult junk and by doing so will be immune from gayness.

Of course this is fucking insane but Beach Bunny being the obedient christian could not bring himself to disagree with Dobson.

There are plenty of other examples

I will give Bum credit in that I was brutal to him and he never deleted my posts.

I have no issues with Bum but if he refuses to want to engage in a debate that's fine with me

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2014, 04:17:59 PM »
Absolute truth.  She is like a jilted ex-girlfriend.  Follows me around like a lost puppy.  lol

you're getting senile in your old age

you get less posts from me than almost anyone on this board

Skippy seems to have a crush on your though

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2014, 04:40:19 PM »

Here is a thread that refers to the earlier Dobson thread

Note, I was actually pretty nice to Bum in this thread where I mentioned his former support for Dobson and even providing his quotes when his memory failed him as noted by another poster

This debate is still going on? LOL

Don't forget to shower with your son and make sure he sees your penis and after that you can have him pound a square peg into a square hole.

Straw, you're a saint for debating rationally on a topic that isn't rational.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=134356.0

Here is the original thread regarding Dobson (btw - I made a mistake in my prior statement - it was specifically teaching your son to pound square pegs in square holes)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=133374.0

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2014, 05:12:50 PM »
Dobson wrote an article (or maybe it was in one of his books) about you can make your kid not be gay by doing things like "roughhousing with him" and teaching him to pound round pegs into round holes and most important to shower with him so that he can see your adult junk and by doing so will be immune from gayness.

Of course this is fucking insane but Beach Bunny being the obedient christian could not bring himself to disagree with Dobson.

There are plenty of other examples

I will give Bum credit in that I was brutal to him and he never deleted my posts.

I have no issues with Bum but if he refuses to want to engage in a debate that's fine with me

OMG.  I remember that bullshit about advocating kids to shower with adults males so they can stare at their adult penis and deter themselves from being gay.

I didn't think anyone else could be so stupid until Beach agreed with it.   ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2014, 05:19:30 PM »
OMG.  I remember that bullshit about advocating kids to shower with adults males so they can stare at their adult penis and deter themselves from being gay.

I didn't think anyone else could be so stupid until Beach agreed with it.   ::)

not all adult males.   just their father.  Apparently seeing your Dads junk in the shower will render you immune from being gay.  Of course Bum insists that is not what Dobson meant when he wrote the article titled

"Can Homosexuality Be Treated and Prevented?"
"Meanwhile, the boy's father has to do his part. He needs to mirror and affirm his son's maleness. He can play rough-and-tumble games with his son, in ways that are decidedly different from the games he would play with a little girl. He can help his son learn to throw and catch a ball. He can teach him to pound a square wooden peg into a square hole in a pegboard. He can even take his son with him into the shower, where the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger."

Among other reasons:

1.  I find it amusing that people who probably don't have a son (a straight one anyway) or kids at all criticize a child rearing expert.  

2.  I read the entire article and it is a great read.  Makes sense to me.

3.  I've read Dr. Dobson's books and I think he is a wonderful psychologist.  

4.  I particularly like this expert, which is a real eye opener IMO:

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »
if I said "Gay people are evil.  And it is impossible to regulate evil.", would you be as forgiving with me as you are being with Michael Moore?

would you jump to my defense and say "what if he just meant the bad gay people"?

Good point. This examples why I dislike generalizations.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2014, 07:11:32 PM »
not all adult males.   just their father.  Apparently seeing your Dads junk in the shower will render you immune from being gay.  Of course Bum insists that is not what Dobson meant when he wrote the article titled

"Can Homosexuality Be Treated and Prevented?"

Even if it isn't your own father, Dobson is preaching some borderline NAMBLA shit there. 

I would say that anyone with common sense would find it repulsive, but we are talking about a guy that thinks Bachmann is "brilliant".

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2014, 08:04:09 PM »
Even if it isn't your own father, Dobson is preaching some borderline NAMBLA shit there. 

I would say that anyone with common sense would find it repulsive, but we are talking about a guy that thinks Bachmann is "brilliant".

well Bum said it made sense to him so maybe he would be willing to explain how it works this time around

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2014, 08:04:46 PM »

I don't have a problem with anything I said I that discussion, including this:

Straw I agree there is room for interpretation and possibly some confusion.   

One of the things I took away from the entire article is that boys and girls are different and cannot be raised the same way.  They don't talk the same way, walk the same way, they are built differently, they look different.  I remember looking at my soon a few years ago and thinking "he walks like a boy."  He's a little soft for my tastes (thanks to his mother), but I don't raise him the same way I do my daughters.  I recently had the "birds and bees" talk with him and one of the things we talked about is the difference between men and woman, complete with pictures.  I have a book that we'll be reading together that talks about, among other things, the different stages of puberty, including how his little wiener will grow, complete with pictures.  I don't do the shower thing, but I do the equivalent by showing him pictures of the different stages of, for example, pubic hair growth.

My son and I also recently had a talk about "crying like man."  He will still occasionally cry when he is punished (not necessarily corporal punishment either).  He was whining like a baby the other day.  We talked about what distinguishes a boy from a sissy (I don't believe sissy = homosexual) and how crying when you don't get your way and/or when you get sent to your room makes you look like a sissy.  I don't want him acting like a little girl.     

So, when I read Dobson's comments, he affirmed what I've already been doing with my own son, namely, highlighting the differences between girls and boys, men and women.  There are multiple ways to do this.     

But what that discussion shows is she was the Village Idiot and remains so today.   :)

And I'm sure you probably know this, but I take your comments with a grain of salt.  You are one creepy mofo.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2014, 08:09:47 PM »
I don't have a problem with anything I said I that discussion, including this:

But what that discussion shows is she was the Village Idiot and remains so today.   :)

And I'm sure you probably know this, but I take your comments with a grain of salt.  You are one creepy mofo.

yet you never explained how exposing yourself to your son will help prevent (or cure) him from being gay

how about you explain it now since you said it made sense to you

I've never been able to understand how it works which is why I'm asking again for you to just explain how it works

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2014, 09:32:30 PM »
Absolute truth.  She is like a jilted ex-girlfriend.  Follows me around like a lost puppy.  lol

Wait, did you just imply that you've had "girlfriends" who were actually puppies?

Bestiality post reported.

BTW, you're really not a good enough writer to throw in with religious weirdos who want their sons to be cock-gazers, persist in referring to a male poster as "she" (while maintaining that the other poster is the creepy one, no less) and have most people here think you're anywhere near normal.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2014, 07:35:20 AM »
Your link does not actually reference Polone's article and like your other link (again not his actual article) show no proof that Moore had any knowledge of the relationship between GS and The Weinstein Company.

You mentioned their balance sheet a couple of time.  Do you think Moore personally demanded to review their balance sheet and do you think the money from GS was a single line item labeled "MONEY FROM GOLDMAN SACHS"

what?  are you fucking serious?  for Michael Moore,  a guy who is so critical of Goldman Sachs and constantly tells his viewers to "FOLLOW THE MONEY" HE DOESN'T KNOW THAT THE GUYS FUNDING HIS FUCKING MOVIE HAVE A $500 MILLION DOLLAR LIABILITY OWED TO GOLDMAN SACHS.  THE BANK HE IS ATTACKING IN SAID DOCUMENTARY!!!!!

you're absolutely ridiculous.  you seriously just outed yourself as a fucking idiot.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #173 on: July 31, 2014, 07:43:02 AM »

You mentioned their balance sheet a couple of time.  Do you think Moore personally demanded to review their balance sheet and do you think the money from GS was a single line item labeled "MONEY FROM GOLDMAN SACHS"

and yes when you prepare a balance sheet you do write the name of the bank in the description line of a bank note or a line of credit or you have it documented in the notes to the financial statements, oftentimes both.

"Bank Note Goldman Sachs"     $500,000,000

this entire post by you is ridiculously stupid.  its amazing how you can get so much wrong in just a few lines.

Michael Moore follows every penny the Bush administration spent and he doesn't know who his own movie was funded by?  again how many times have you heard Michael Moore say "follow the money"?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2014, 08:16:33 AM »
Wait, did you just imply that you've had "girlfriends" who were actually puppies?

Bestiality post reported.

BTW, you're really not a good enough writer to throw in with religious weirdos who want their sons to be cock-gazers, persist in referring to a male poster as "she" (while maintaining that the other poster is the creepy one, no less) and have most people here think you're anywhere near normal.

Anyone finding Bachmann to be "brilliant" isn't anywhere near normal to start with.  Pedo cock gazing excluded.