Author Topic: New - B.S.N. "N.O.-XPLODE" Television Commercial  (Read 7031 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
New - B.S.N. "N.O.-XPLODE" Television Commercial
« on: February 01, 2006, 01:15:54 AM »
Check out the new BSN TV commercial created by 2Advanced Studios featuring Ronnie and Triple H shot at Milo's Gym. There are behind the scenes shots and video of the finished commercial.

Pretty bad ass from a visual production standpoint...

http://2advanced.com/case_studies/BSN/

LIFT
Elevate Your Image.™

RobW

• Getbig I
Re: New - B.S.N. "N.O.-XPLODE" Television Commercial
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:08:17 AM »
Check out the new BSN TV commercial created by 2Advanced Studios featuring Ronnie and Triple H shot at Milo's Gym. There are behind the scenes shots and video of the finished commercial.
Pretty bad ass from a visual production standpoint...
http://2advanced.com/case_studies/BSN/
LIFT

They (BSN) must have more money that sense -

About 2 million America's buy Sports Nutrition (less than 1% of the population), of those, maybe 30% buy NO Xpolde type products (the largest selling category by FAR is Whey Protein).... Is it a wise spend of your money to make a TV Commercial that may appeal to lets say at the MOST 600,000 people???

Just My 0.02c

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 03:45:20 AM »
They (BSN) must have more money that sense -
About 2 million America's buy Sports Nutrition (less than 1% of the population), of those, maybe 30% buy NO Xpolde type products (the largest selling category by FAR is Whey Protein).... Is it a wise spend of your money to make a TV Commercial that may appeal to lets say at the MOST 600,000 people???
Just My 0.02c

Oh stop it. Bbing is huge. Besides, who doesn't know who Ronnie Coleman is? Dude is like Michael Jordan. Worldwide superstar. Once the general tv viewing public sees that NO Xplode is endorsed by RC, they will be lining up to buy the shit. Did you not catch the Ronnie on the Tonight show? His apperance was the highest rated segment EVER on the show.

Once this commercial airs during the SuperBowl, BSN will have no choice but to go public and sell shares on the stock market. Fuck, I'm calling my broker tomorrow morning, first thing. Even before my morning shit. I gotta get in on this on the ground floor.

So stop BSN. Pardon the pun. Stop bullshitting.
HAHA, RON.....

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 07:28:16 AM »
it will not play ???

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 08:51:15 AM »
it will not play ???

You're not missing much. 
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

SiteJaws

• Getbig II
  • Website Design for BBing/Fitness, Trainers & Gyms
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 10:02:10 AM »
They took a shotgun to a rifle match.

Marketing 101, you don't mass market unless everyone out there is a prospective buyer.   You're not super walmart, you're super selective.

Far wiser to spend $10 per getbig user on advertising, than 10 cents per Average American. 

I suppose next they'll spend their entire ad budget for the next decade on an artsy super bowl commercial?
Steak N Grits.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 12:07:33 PM »
I thought that HHH alone will have kids drooling to buy the stuff.  Ronnie who?

That's one of the best commercials for a product of it's kind I've ever seen, in my opinion.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 06:46:06 PM »
They took a shotgun to a rifle match.
Marketing 101, you don't mass market unless everyone out there is a prospective buyer.   You're not super walmart, you're super selective.
Far wiser to spend $10 per getbig user on advertising, than 10 cents per Average American.
I suppose next they'll spend their entire ad budget for the next decade on an artsy super bowl commercial?

Coming from a guy who can't decide if he is marketing himself as 240, 300website or site jaws - I think you may want to go back and reread Marketing 101. :)

BSN is selling a ton of product and hey props to them for seeing the value in a well done commercial vs. BUY ME NOW infomercials.

LIFT
Elevate Your Image.™

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 07:07:44 PM »

Ths commercial is targeting people who play sports from kids to adults even in the main stream not everybody buys whey protein.

SiteJaws

• Getbig II
  • Website Design for BBing/Fitness, Trainers & Gyms
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 08:57:49 PM »

BSN is selling a ton of product and hey props to them for seeing the value in a well done commercial vs. BUY ME NOW infomercials.
LIFT

True, but "value" is only achieved if in the long run, when the cost of producing and running that commercial is absorbed by the increase in sales and more than $1 arrives as profit as a result of this action. 

Aside from being the nicest commercial shown during WSM competitions, I don't know if BSN is going to see a return on investment.  It might be fun to brag to VYOtech that their commercial is better. But there's a reason supplement companies don't broadcast on major tv markets- it's not cost-feasible and it's not sustainable.  That marketing budget should be shifted to areas with a better ROI, IMO.

I can understand BSN's excitement about being the first to nail a top-notch commercial.  I just see it as living beyond the means afforded by their assets.

Also, 240->300->sitejaws.  That's evolution. I've only been in business two or three months now.  Still finding myself!
Steak N Grits.

RobW

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 01:40:37 AM »

LIFT

I agree visually it is a well produced commercial, but do you really feel that the audience for niche supplements is large enough to provide a ROI? From my experience I would say no....

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 06:11:26 AM »
I think it's great but I do need to question "Team BSN"

Ronnie - No brainer, have the top dog representing

Monica - Again, no brainer

HHH?? This I have to question....He may be one of the better known wrestlers out there but he is a shell of his bodybuilding self....

Batista or John Cena would have been better choices....

That's my 2 cents, doesn't mean I'm right!

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2006, 03:04:29 AM »
i liked the song
real men= no rubbers

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 03:55:47 AM »
Pretty damn cool commerical!  8)

Obivously, they are making lot of money...just wondring why the heck they dont hire some sports supplement expert (hint: Manninen dude) to formulate some SERIOUS products. Well, NO-XPLODE is a pretty good product.  :)

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 08:50:25 AM »
Nice "Commercial" and I was a bit impressed by it