Author Topic: Layne Norton sacrifices to win USAPL Raw Nationals (1725 natural total @93kg)  (Read 10927 times)

thebrink

• Getbig V
I don't think he's juiced to the gills but he's mixing something...The thing about the bench press is it's harder to manipulate than say the squat or even the dead lift. My guess is Norton put a lot of time into his squat because he could use assorted devices and "tricks" if you will, to move the weight. In the bench press, he was left on an island.

Fair analogy. There virtually is no way to cheat on the bench like you can for a squat and move the weight as little as possible to complete a legal lift.

This guy seems to be going out oh his way to profess his innocence even when nobody asks which makes the line even more blurry. 

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Everyone asks layne if he's juicing! Even that fag from England. That's why he addressed it. Dude has a lot of haters...maybe that is

Mawse

• Getbig IV
nearly double BW paused bench under meet conditions is good, period, even with a lot of tren/var etc

layne is a boring douchetard with a huge stick up his arse but he is strong.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
I don't think he's juiced to the gills but he's mixing something...The thing about the bench press is it's harder to manipulate than say the squat or even the dead lift. My guess is Norton put a lot of time into his squat because he could use assorted devices and "tricks" if you will, to move the weight. In the bench press, he was left on an island.

hahahahah wat.

You have no idea what you are talking about. There are NO tricks in deadlift. Sumo stance is not a trick, it is better suited for some people, worse for others. Also I have no idea what you mean by "assorted devices". This is RAW meet. RAW.

In bench press there are TONS of tricks. Work on lower back and abs flexibility, better arch = bigger bench. Wider grip = bigger bench, if you have strong pecs, that is.

In squat there are no tricks as well. You HAVE to hit the depth. I would not be able to squat the way he does. I don't use my back as much in squat simply because my quads are stronger. He leans forward because he is back dominant.

This is perfect example of extremely quad dominant powerlifter. High bar or close to high bar position and his back stays vertical throghout the lift. His deadlift is 100kg worse than his squat. This is usual for assisted lifts but for RAW lifter it is HIGHLY unusual. It means that his core is strong enough to maintain his position with this kind of weight, his quads are extremely strong but his lower back is not strong enough to pull that kind of weight off the floor.

Norton has long arms, long legs, short torso. Naturally good deadlift, good squat once you learn to use your hip joint more than your knee joint during the lift. Shitty bench.

I've got 140kg bench, 190kg squat, 220kg deadlift. 75kg class. Short arms, long legs, short torso but I am a midget overall. So good bench, good squat (quad dominant) and weak deadlift for me.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V

I've got 140kg bench, 190kg squat, 220kg deadlift. 75kg class. Short arms, long legs, short torso but I am a midget overall. So good bench, good squat (quad dominant) and weak deadlift for me.

Pretty much a copy of my lifts but I weigh almost 90kg.  :'(

Very solid lifts dude, you're almost benching 2xbw and are on your way to 3xbw squat.