Author Topic: stomach fat from drinking and stress  (Read 2812 times)

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
stomach fat from drinking and stress
« on: July 24, 2014, 07:20:56 AM »
Hey, last few years I got into drinking way to much, lots of wine etc..along with an unbelievable amount of stress that had me thinking about suicide.

Well I have gained several pounds of fat around the stomach area, it looks like the kind of fat that once you get it it wont go away..

I have stopped drinking and stress is gone now..

I in mid 40's......am I stuck with this fat layer ??
K

Complex Carbs

Re: stomach fat from drinking and stress
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 07:24:09 AM »
Sounds like you have never been in shape.

You don't know what it's gonna take, it might be the best to start drinking again.

the trainer

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 07:25:49 AM »
Hey, last few years I got into drinking way to much, lots of wine etc..along with an unbelievable amount of stress that had me thinking about suicide.

Well I have gained several pounds of fat around the stomach area, it looks like the kind of fat that once you get it it wont go away..

It depends, are you willing to put the shitty life away and take up the bodybuilding lifestyle 24/7 with hard training diet and roids, only you can answer that.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 07:26:19 AM »

You don't know what it's gonna take, it might be the best to start drinking again.

No wrong...that why  want to get back to way I was........otherwise I would not care..
K

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 07:26:33 AM »
No, but it gets harder to get it off as you get older. Get the sauce under control, get some decent sleep and start training again like you mean it.

And get your diet in order.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 07:28:23 AM »
No, but it gets harder to get it off as you get older. Get the sauce under control, get some decent sleep and start training again like you mean it.

And get your diet in order.

Yeh I am doing that...thanks for the support  :)
K

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 07:29:59 AM »
Late thirties here and I drink a lot of wine. Lots of stress too from work so stress and booze go hand in hand. I maintain my weight 'cause my nutrition is ok and I still train but it's not optimal of course. I don't see why you'd be stuck with it. Whenever I stop drinking for 3/4 days and if I don't start abusing on something else, I lose those few extra pounds. Unfortunately, I can't live without wine.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 07:36:11 AM »
i am in the same boat but without the stress  ???

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 07:40:46 AM »
its not like a pot belly, its a fuking layer of fat...not sure I can ever get rid of..maybe reduce some but never get rid of
K

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 07:42:08 AM »
its not like a pot belly, its a fuking layer of fat...not sure I can ever get rid of..maybe reduce some but never get rid of

PM Sevastase, he'll get you on a diet (goodbye alcohol) that will you get rid of that fat. And the muscle too.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 07:44:58 AM »

Start running 2 to 5 miles a day. Forget steroids but if you want instant impressive temporary physique in 4 weeks use them. Four months off steroids the gains will be gone. Don't get involved in overly heavy training but train to exhaust the muscle through reps and sets. Take short rests between sets. It will limit the amount of weight you can use but will result in more work. Don't cheat an exercise by doing it in the easiest way you can figure out how to do it by limited the range of motion.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 08:00:15 AM »
Start running 2 to 5 miles a day. Forget steroids but if you want instant impressive temporary physique in 4 weeks use them. Four months off steroids the gains will be gone. Don't get involved in overly heavy training but train to exhaust the muscle through reps and sets. Take short rests between sets. It will limit the amount of weight you can use but will result in more work. Don't cheat an exercise by doing it in the easiest way you can figure out how to do it by limited the range of motion.

I just started to do more old style exercise again - chins, dips, squats..dropping the machines..superset bodyparts chest/back etc..cut down rest between sets. doing cardio, cleaned diet...I have to get my mental discipline back to do the higher reps 10-25..the mental part is tough as its so easy to stop sets at 8 reps..
K

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 09:00:33 AM »
The more you drink, the more anal you have to be with your everyday diet

But don't stop drinking if you like it

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 09:23:33 AM »
Im almost 32, hardly ever drink, work out 5 days a week including moderate cardio, and eat very clean, and still in the last year or so my waist has noticeably 'thickened' and my stomach area has got more doughy and soft looking (by getbig standards lol). No idea why the fuck this happened since im not doing anything different. Idk if its stress or just age or what...

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 09:32:25 AM »
Im almost 32, hardly ever drink, work out 5 days a week including moderate cardio, and eat very clean, and still in the last year or so my waist has noticeably 'thickened' and my stomach area has got more doughy and soft looking (by getbig standards lol). No idea why the fuck this happened since im not doing anything different. Idk if its stress or just age or what...

Have you had the exact same intensity as before?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 09:34:58 AM »
Eat less.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 10:07:52 AM »
Eat less.

Specifically starchy carbs.

Giving up the bread, rice, pasta and potatoes as dietary staples is usually enough to get lean.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 10:18:35 AM »

Giving up the bread, rice, pasta and potatoes as dietary staples is usually enough to get lean.

Thats the problem...good luck building/maintaining muscle and strength without those items  :-\

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 10:35:19 AM »

Oh brother...... ::)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 07:19:48 PM »
i am in the same boat but without the stress  ???

A life without stress? Unemployed?

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 09:23:06 PM »
The more you drink, the more anal you have to be with your everyday diet

But don't stop drinking if you like it
Alcohol is empty calories. I suggest the opposite... Give it up completely and eat clean nutritional food and a lot less than you need, so that you will lose bodyfat.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 03:26:57 AM »
Get some HGH, just look at Hollywood, it shreds the fat...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 05:28:22 AM »
Watch yourself, punk: running is highly catabolic and thus a big no-no for mascular modification athletes. The OP would be well advised to walk on the stairmaster (really work the hips like one of your girlfriends for maximal gains) equipped with Cutler magnetic bracelets and mouthguard for 5 minutes, gradually working up to three sessions a week. As the bracelets are rather intense for beginners, only use them every other session for the first month or so.
what a load of crap.. running is catabolic..LOL  you think he will be Training for a Marathon or what? I guess you can´t run your Quads are too big  ::)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 05:49:43 AM »
 It's 100% diet.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 06:35:05 AM »

Not really, I had one of the the smallest waist over 200 lbs while competing ....Im a heavy beer drinker and in the past 5 years i have developed a Beer gut thick skin doesn't look like is going away either unless I get on the sauce and lay off the alcohol ... I still have a small waist for a big guy but the belly is there  I drink an average of 30 beers on weekends.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH