Author Topic: Jim Carrey: "Why You Shouldn't Fear Failure"  (Read 7727 times)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: Jim Carrey: "Why You Shouldn't Fear Failure"
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 08:16:49 AM »
"I cannot be contained - because I am the container"

Cool

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 08:33:18 AM »
Didn't watch, but does he go into going beyond failure?

The man built a physique of the gods goddesses

He has achieved the skinny fat look. Easy to maintain with gravy and cheese balls with minimum excercise

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 08:37:27 AM »
People in privileged positions always believe they did something special to earn such good fortune. It makes them feel better to think they are smarter, harder working, better looking etc etc. It would be way too much of a blow to their ego to acknowledge in the Universal lottery of organised chaos they just got lucky.
V

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 08:43:21 AM »
People in privileged positions always believe they did something special to earn such good fortune. It makes them feel better to think they are smarter, harder working, better looking etc etc. It would be way too much of a blow to their ego to acknowledge in the Universal lottery of organised chaos they just got lucky.
He was using his father as an example.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 08:49:07 AM »
Jim Carrey should do some funny faces and dance around for our amusement.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 09:00:20 AM »

The flip side is people who are envious of those in privileged positions like to think that the objects of their disdain just got lucky. It soothes their ego and excuses their relative lack of accomplishment.

Or as they say, luck equals preparation plus opportunity.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 09:25:31 AM »
The flip side is people who are envious of those in privileged positions like to think that the objects of their disdain just got lucky. It soothes their ego and excuses their relative lack of accomplishment.

Personally, I couldn't think of anything worse than to be rich and famous and a puppet to even more rich and famous people.  Just because you have more wealth than others doesn't mean you are successful.  This is the mistake people like Jim Carrey make, pretending he is successful,   while those who haven't made a fortune are failures.  In my eyes, the majority of these types of people are failures, they have sold out and live disingenuously.  But I understand it's important for the average punter who is deeply unsatisfied with his life and feeds into the Cultural relativism of the day to have something to aspire to even if only subconsciously they know they will never achieve it regardless of how hard they work or how much failure they risk.

For every Jim Carrey there are countless others treading the same path with as much talent and working just as hard and risking failure who never make it.  Good fortune is the secret, but fame and wealth gets to people and their egos start telling them how great they are and how they are more deserving etc etc.   For most people they can't stand the thought that success and failure are down to cosmic randomness with no apparent logic guiding the process.  They prefer to believe they control their destinies regardless of how much evidence their is to the contrary.

If you actually believe ridiculous new age cliches like " luck equals preparation plus opportunity." you have no concept of what luck actually is. But if believing in ridiculous slogans helps you get through the day, then so be it.
V

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »
Personally, I couldn't think of anything worse than to be rich and famous and a puppet to even more rich and famous people.  Just because you have more wealth than others doesn't mean you are successful.  This is the mistake people like Jim Carrey make, pretending he is successful,   while those who haven't made a fortune are failures.  In my eyes, the majority of these types of people are failures, they have sold out and live disingenuously.  But I understand it's important for the average punter who is deeply unsatisfied with his life and feeds into the Cultural relativism of the day to have something to aspire to even if only subconsciously they know they will never achieve it regardless of how hard they work or how much failure they risk.

For every Jim Carrey there are countless others treading the same path with a much talent and working just as hard and risking failure who never make it.  Good fortune is the secret, but fame and wealth gets to people and their egos start telling them how great they are and how they are more deserving etc etc.   For most people they can't stand the thought that success and failure are down to cosmic randomness with no apparent logic guiding the process.  They prefer to believe they control their destinies regardless of how much evidence their is to the contrary.

If you actually believe ridiculous new age cliches like " luck equals preparation plus opportunity." you have no concept of what luck actually is. But if believing in ridiculous slogans helps you get through the day, then so be it.

Don't worry

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 09:41:54 AM »
Jim Carrey is one of a kind, the roles he's done in Hollywood cannot be duplicated by any other living actor.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 09:45:59 AM »
Jim Carrey is one of a kind, the roles he's done in Hollywood cannot be duplicated by any other living actor.

Fuck off, the guy is 100% unoriginal, he has made a living being a clone of Jerry Lewis.
V

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 09:53:21 AM »

For every Jim Carrey there are countless others treading the same path with as much talent and working just as hard and risking failure who never make it.  Good fortune is the secret, but fame and wealth gets to people and their egos start telling them how great they are and how they are more deserving etc etc.   For most people they can't stand the thought that success and failure are down to cosmic randomness with no apparent logic guiding the process.  They prefer to believe they control their destinies regardless of how much evidence their is to the contrary.

Cosmic randomness is your new age excuse for relative failure in your life or that off someone else.

And, you make the grave mistake of following the liberal pap that simply working hard should equal success. You can work hard, doing things wrong; or you can work hard, succeed initially, but screw up later, and negate their previous success.

It sounds to me as if you're using "cosmic randomness" as an excuse to fail and justification for envious people to stew in covetousness.

Carrey isn't claiming he's successful, simply because he's rich. He's doing what he loves to do; the fact he makes millions doing such makes it sweeter. The same can be said of the guy to whom I'm listening on radio right now, who has the number one talk show on the airwaves.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 09:55:30 AM »

Success is being prepared for when you are lucky enough to have an opportunity to seize.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 09:56:50 AM »
Jerry who?

Jim Carrey 2 golden globes (Truman show, man on the moon) 4 more nominations (Eternal Sunshine, Grinch, Liar Liar, Mask)
44 award wins, 73 nominations.

Fantastic in I love you philip morris, amazing in YES man!, OUTSTANDING in eternal sunshine of the spotless mine (oscarwarded film #82 best of all time, imdb!) incredible in truman show! (a top 250 imdb movie!), great in liar liar! awesome in cable guy!! etc etc

ONE OF A KIND!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 10:01:13 AM »
Cosmic randomness is your new age excuse for relative failure in your life or that off someone else.

And, you make the grave mistake of following the liberal pap that simply working hard should equal success. You can work hard, doing things wrong; or you can work hard, succeed initially, but screw up later, and negate their previous success.

It sounds to me as if you're using "cosmic randomness" as an excuse to fail and justification for envious people to stew in covetousness.
You seem confused, I don't consider myself a failure and I don't consider Jim Carrey a success, I actually feel sorry for people like Jim Carrey, as their life is not their own, he got sucked into the mainstream concept of success and lost himself in the process.  His lifelong battle with depression reveals his failure to achieve a life he is content with.  And are you just making it up as you go along, the concept of luck is far from new age.  There is no formula for success, if there was, everybody would be successful, they would just do a,b and c and voila, success.  I hate to break it to you but there is no reason why 5 year old children die of cancer and nazi war criminals live healthy prosperous lives until they are 90.  Like I said, if it makes you feel better to think you are steering the ship, be my guest, but don't be surprised when life offers up countless evidence to the contrary.
V

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 10:03:38 AM »
Great physique!

Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World!

Highschool DROP OUT!

Networth 150 million dollars.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 10:04:05 AM »

Carrey isn't claiming he's successful, simply because he's rich. He's doing what he loves to do; the fact he makes millions doing such makes it sweeter. The same can be said of the guy to whom I'm listening on radio right now, who has the number one talk show on the airwaves.

Of course he is claiming to be successful, if he was a failure, he sure as hell wouldn't be advocating risking failure.  Many people do what they love to do and don't make millions,but you don't see these people giving lectures about how to achieve such a status.  Only someone with a massive ego would do such a thing.  For someone who is doing what he loves, he sure has suffered his fair share of depression, battling it his whole life.
V

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 10:06:56 AM »
Im sure banging this girl helped him with his depression somewhat.

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 10:11:10 AM »
Jenny mccarthy was smoking, she's still a babe. Would hit.

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 10:14:22 AM »
he cleaned toilets in his teens.
I'd say he's done alright

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 10:25:21 AM »
"Why you should get a buff neck."

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 10:52:46 AM »

Lot of truth to this in many cases.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 11:15:37 AM »
like everyone gets opportunities.. lol

luck = born with the right genetics to succeed or being born into rich family

just because carrey cleaned toilets in his teens don't mean any toilet cleaner can get up on stage and do stand up

genetics... and opportunity.. And of course drive is needed to become a star in hollywood

AmonRa

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 11:26:59 AM »
It disappoints me how stupid you are. Here's the truth about Jim Carrey: