Author Topic: K Cider  (Read 4464 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
K Cider
« on: July 25, 2014, 07:10:40 AM »

I hate the sweet cider - bulmers/magners etc that people are drinking these days and I prefer a really dry cider like Westons.

Bought a 4 pack of these the other day from morrisons, were on offer for £4.

Anyone else tried this? (Students obviously have lol) apparently it's called Tramp Cider in some parts - which made me a bit embarrased that I had been drinking it with ice in a pretty semi detached home lol.

It's a whopping 4.2 units per can (equivalent to 3 bottles of becks), so after 2 cans you are pretty much on your way  ;D

I'm not saying that I drank 3 of them (8.4 percent  :o)

Rip me all you like lads, but I actually enjoyed the taste.

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
Re: K Cider
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 08:01:48 AM »

I hate the sweet cider - bulmers/magners etc that people are drinking these days and I prefer a really dry cider like Westons.

Bought a 4 pack of these the other day from morrisons, were on offer for £4.

Anyone else tried this? (Students obviously have lol) apparently it's called Tramp Cider in some parts - which made me a bit embarrased that I had been drinking it with ice in a pretty semi detached home lol.

It's a whopping 4.2 units per can (equivalent to 3 bottles of becks), so after 2 cans you are pretty much on your way  ;D

I'm not saying that I drank 3 of them (8.4 percent  :o)

Rip me all you like lads, but I actually enjoyed the taste.

Next stop Frosty Jacks!

Tbf, I quite like K's. I'm a yokel from Hereford and you get loads of decent local ciders here, much better than that Magners shite.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 08:18:20 AM »
Haha, yep I think i'll stop there. I don't want to progress to a 'quiet night in with a bottle of white star"  ;D

There's something about the taste of K I like though?

I also like the fact that I only need a couple of these ice cold, for a nice evening in while the mrs does a bottle of shiraz lol - much better than downing 5-6 cans of lager.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 08:30:06 AM »
Love the cider! Dry, for me, too. My local is a brewpub and they make their own beers, wines and ciders. Will have my ass on a chair in 20 minutes. Cheers!    :)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 03:51:50 AM »
Love the cider! Dry, for me, too. My local is a brewpub and they make their own beers, wines and ciders. Will have my ass on a chair in 20 minutes. Cheers!    :)

Haha yes, all about the dry.

Can't stand all of these 'red berry' 'strawberry and lime' etc, to me it just tastes like fanta  :P

On a side note, I had to pop out last night and pick up a bottle of Pinot for the missus and some ice cream sprinkles (no homo) so I grabbed myself a couple of cans of K. Went down well with a couple of episodes of Falling Skies  8)

Simple Simon

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 03:53:41 AM »
Does a can of cider count as a "one a day" of fruit?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 03:56:01 AM »
Does a can of cider count as a "one a day" of fruit?

If that were the case, tramps would live to 100  ;D