Author Topic: Any vegan or vegetarian lifters here?  (Read 3863 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Any vegan or vegetarian lifters here?
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 10:19:56 PM »
Gave up veganism after 2 1/2 years beginning of this year. Started after seeing "Earthlings" because of ethics. I did study veganism in great detail, got all the important books, checked out the right websites etc ... However, after 2 1/2 years joint pain/inflammation increased and I was bloated as if I was 6 months pregnant. Also, slowly accumulated quite a bit of fat over the 2 1/2 years.

Giving up was a difficult step because I still don't like how the animals are being treated. I still feel guilty seeing trucks full of animals on the motorway going on their last ride.

I switched to the eating primal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/#axzz38ddhh7mQ.

Best decision. I have never looked or felt better. I source my meat and eggs from local producers who treat the animals well. Costs me more but is well worth it. Still eat a good amount of plant food as well.

It seems there are people who thrive on a vegan/vegetarian diet, are strong and lean. Some certainly accumulated their mass and strength before switching. Others were able to achieve great performances afterwards. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me. I was doing well for sometime but then suddenly things fell apart. Guess we all react differently to certain foods.

Thinking that primal diet might be the way to go.