Author Topic: lego land  (Read 3703 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
lego land
« on: July 26, 2014, 10:52:58 AM »
Took the family to Lego land Windsor today

Decent for the kids

Rides are mediocre though

Windsor castle tommorow
T

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
Re: lego land
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 02:22:48 AM »
Took the family to Lego land Windsor today

Decent for the kids

Rides are mediocre though

Windsor castle tommorow

How old are your kids?

I've realised that we have no choice but to do "trip" holidays because there's no relaxing holiday option with a 3 and a 5 year old.  Plus I'm watching them swim in the pool as I write this so we don't need sunshine holidays because of where we live.

We just did three days in Rome that I think my 5 year old appreciated enough to make it worthwhile. I'd really recommend that if the kids are well enough behaved.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 02:27:39 AM »
Tenerife has Loro Parque and some water parks

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 04:15:08 AM »
How old are your kids?

I've realised that we have no choice but to do "trip" holidays because there's no relaxing holiday option with a 3 and a 5 year old.  Plus I'm watching them swim in the pool as I write this so we don't need sunshine holidays because of where we live.

We just did three days in Rome that I think my 5 year old appreciated enough to make it worthwhile. I'd really recommend that if the kids are well enough behaved.

Six and twelve

The six year old is Lego obsessed

We tend to do short trips

Because you can't chill on holidays as you are

Always trying to keep them amused
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 07:57:58 AM »
Six and twelve

Get off to Egypt mate, the Makadi Sunwing, huge waterpark in hotel.
http://www.goldentickettravel.co.uk/destinations/egypt/makadi-bay/sunwing-makadi-hotel

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 08:22:15 AM »
Six and twelve

Thailand is the place to be.

It's a kid-friendly place. Sort of the opposite of the UK.

You walk into a pub with a kids in Thailand - not a disco or a wine bar - but a regular pub or restaurant - and instead of everyone rolling their eyes - they smile, talk to the kids and treat them like fellow humans.

In the UK - you walk into a restaurant with kids, it's like you walked in with ebola. People scowl at you. 

There's loads of places here set up specifically to cater for parents and kids so that they all enjoy the holiday. The Hard Rock Hotel in Pattaya has a kids room you can safely leave your younger kids for a few hours. Then a separate place you can leave your teen kids to do their thing. There's family suites your kids can be in bunk beds or playing an X-Box and you can be in your separate bedroom having a bit of afternoon pleasure. Even the hotel lounges let the kids in - so it's free cocktails at 6pm-7:30pm and a corner of the room lounge where kids can play games, whilst you relax with a glass of whatever.

Fucking pains me going to England with the kids now - it's like they expect you to stop living because you had kids. The way they treat kids in the UK is horrible too. Waiters and waitresses will always, without fail, engage with your kids. Do that in the UK, they'll get their heads kicked in for being pedo's.

Course - Thailand is no nirvana but as a parent - it shits on the UK.

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 08:25:03 AM »

You walk into a pub with a kids in Thailand - not a disco or a wine bar - but a regular pub or restaurant - and instead of everyone rolling their eyes - they smile, talk to the kids and treat them like fellow humans.

In the UK - you walk into a restaurant with kids, it's like you walked in with ebola. People scowl at you. 

There's loads of places here set up specifically to cater for parents and kids so that they all enjoy the holiday. The Hard Rock Hotel in Pattaya has a kids room you can safely leave your younger kids for a few hours. Then a separate place you can leave your teen kids to do their thing. There's family suites your kids can be in bunk beds or playing an X-Box and you can be in your separate bedroom having a bit of afternoon pleasure. Even the hotel lounges let the kids in - so it's free cocktails at 6pm-7:30pm and a corner of the room lounge where kids can play games, whilst you relax with a glass of whatever.

Fucking pains me going to England with the kids now - it's like they expect you to stop living because you had kids. The way they treat kids in the UK is horrible too. Waiters and waitresses will always, without fail, engage with your kids. Do that in the UK, they'll get their heads kicked in for being pedo's.

If they are lucky they will get an impromptu rendition of "Do you wanna be in my Gang" from a local resident.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 08:36:51 AM »

You don't need to go to Thailand for that though.  In Southern Europe everyone ruffles my kids' hair and engages them. 

The UK isn't so good but if people are rude / ignorant then fuck them, that's their problem not yours.

I still maintain that Brits, and Anglo Saxon culture in general, are smarter in their approach than everywhere else that I have seen / lived / done business.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 10:21:12 AM »

I assume you have the movie.
Y

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 10:40:02 AM »
I assume you have the movie.

everyhthing is awesome
T

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 12:07:58 PM »
Six and twelve

If you're looking for a more exotic sojourn, the UAE is extremely kid-friendly and relatively cheap. There are more than enough attractions, the locals have a good attitude toward kids, and large, ultra-cooled malls chalk full of mini amusement parks and other kid-centric entertainment form the core of social life. Even the emirs in the less developed emirates cater to kids, e.g., the large water park in the northeasternmost emirate, Ras Al Khaimah.

Just don't put on those booty shorts I know you like to wear; the dress code can be a bit tight in certain places.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 02:46:36 PM »

all asia is family oriented. as a society. that's why unscrupulous politicians sh1t on them and exploit their simple mindedness.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 06:14:18 AM »
everyhthing is awesome

Everything is cool if you're part of a team  ;D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 06:26:08 AM »
If you're looking for a more exotic sojourn, the UAE is extremely kid-friendly and relatively cheap. There are more than enough attractions, the locals have a good attitude toward kids, and large, ultra-cooled malls chalk full of mini amusement parks and other kid-centric entertainment form the core of social life. Even the emirs in the less developed emirates cater to kids, e.g., the large water park in the northeasternmost emirate, Ras Al Khaimah.

Just don't put on those booty shorts I know you like to wear; the dress code can be a bit tight in certain places.

i wont go places like that

if im spending a shit load of money I don't see why I have to wear a burka

they expect the freedom to express their religion and dress codes when they come to Britain

I expect the same courtesy in return
T

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 06:29:50 AM »

they expect the freedom to express their religion and dress codes when they come to Britain

I'm the same mate.

For some reason I can't even entertain the thought of going to an Arab country on holiday, my missus has suggested various places but I just can't do it.

Tell me one thing that I have to go to an Arab country for, that I can't get better elsewhere in holiday terms.

Heat - Just as hot in Cyprus/Greece etc
Scenery - Shit - better literally anywhere else
People - hahahahahahahahahahahaha haa

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 06:51:28 AM »

Agreed.

I'd be somewhere like that - I'd worry about holding my 4 year old daughters hand when walking down the street.

Or demanding a peck on the cheek after buying the wife a prezzie.

Fuck that.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 05:15:08 PM »

In the UAE at least, you'd be fine as long as you weren't groping bitches and making out in public or prancing around in a speedo. It's really rather reasonable.

Tell me one thing that I have to go to an Arab country for, that I can't get better elsewhere in holiday terms.

Unique things?

You can't interact with true Arabs in their natural environment elsewhere.

The deserts are first rate as well.

Seriously, that's about it. And seriously, it has its own charms: dune buggying through primitive villages, dune bashing, camel racing, sailing in the pristine Arabian Gulf, falconry, oasis camping, etc. The Arabs are also very welcoming.

Simple Simon

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 06:55:52 AM »
In the UAE at least, you'd be fine as long as you weren't groping bitches and making out in public or prancing around in a speedo. It's really rather reasonable.

Unique things?

You can't interact with true Arabs in their natural environment elsewhere.

The deserts are first rate as well.

Seriously, that's about it. And seriously, it has its own charms: dune buggying through primitive villages, dune bashing, camel racing, sailing in the pristine Arabian Gulf, falconry, oasis camping, etc. The Arabs are also very welcoming.
Vast areas of sand are the same all over the world.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 07:24:27 AM »
Vast areas of sand are the same all over the world.

yeah I thought that

im not sure my kids would be that impressed if there isn't a sea for them too jump in attached
T

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 07:26:33 AM »
yeah I thought that

im not sure my kids would be that impressed if there isn't a sea for them too jump in attached

Good way to get rid of them for the day though - go to the desert and tell them to run to the sea and have a dip.