Author Topic: The 6 rules of success - Arnold Schwarzenegger  (Read 8422 times)

AmonRa

Re: The 6 rules of success - Arnold Schwarzenegger
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2014, 03:37:08 AM »
What a load of shit, he sold an illusion, he was a snake oil salesman, just like Weider and every other pro bodybuilder before and after. I don't know about you, but lying and deceiving people to make money is a pretty despicable way to get ahead.  But that's just me.  And the other thing people forget, he broke the law to achieve his muscular body which in turn opened other doors of opportunity. Arnold, like most successful people is criminally minded, you only ever hear of the success stories, the majority like Arnold End up in pitiful circumstances because their sociopathic and criminal mindset causes untold misery in their personal, work and social lives.  As it turned out anyway, he couldn't keep a lid on his sociopathic ways and ruined what would have normally been an enduring marriage and family life.

Pretty much this.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2014, 04:25:21 AM »
Back in the 70's, vic basile had Arnold in his penthouse in Australia.

THE BEEF

The Wrong Advices

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2014, 06:25:27 AM »
I don't doubt for one second that Arnold used schmoes to his advantage. But in all these years, why has no one come forward with stories or evidence? Surely one or two of these sugar-daddies must have wanted to bask in his fame and attention. How can such things remain so secret, rumoured but never confirmed? I would also imagine that many of Arnold's enemies would want to use anything they could to impugn or destroy him, and certain photos or stories could have come to light over the years.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2014, 07:04:32 AM »
What a load of shit, he sold an illusion, he was a snake oil salesman, just like Weider and every other pro bodybuilder before and after. I don't know about you, but lying and deceiving people to make money is a pretty despicable way to get ahead.  But that's just me.  And the other thing people forget, he broke the law to achieve his muscular body which in turn opened other doors of opportunity. Arnold, like most successful people is criminally minded, you only ever hear of the success stories, the majority like Arnold End up in pitiful circumstances because their sociopathic and criminal mindset causes untold misery in their personal, work and social lives.  As it turned out anyway, he couldn't keep a lid on his sociopathic ways and ruined what would have normally been an enduring marriage and family life.

He did not break the law..Steroids were legal when he took them...Anyone know when they were made illegal? Not till the 90's i think...

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2014, 07:28:28 AM »

The fact is, Arnold did what he had to do to become a world champion bodybuilder, first.  Does sucking a dick give you bigger muscles?  I don't know.  But you could not deny that he was the best in the world.  Do you think one of his contemporaries would be awarded Mr. O just because he sucked some dick or something?  Ridiculous.  Arnold was the best in the world and dominated.

Joe W. capitalized on that.  I'm sure they both benefited tremendously.  Works for Joe, works for Arnold. 

Now in the mid-late 1970's, Arnold is relatively famous.  He has a very large following, but not really outside of the bodybuilding world.  But that large following is what gave Hollywood the willingness to take a bet on him.  You can see the scene in Pumping Iron where Arnold and Joe are talking with the Hollywood agent, and the agent says "what you have going for you is your bodybuilding followers".  There would be enough bodybuilder fans who would buy a ticket to make it worth Hollywood's $ risk.  That's all.  And Arnold was able to take that ball and run with it, and give the people what they wanted in action flicks.  More and more money.  He knew he could do it all along.

And next since he's an international movie star, he certainly has the popularity to become governor.

Step by step, that's all.  He never could have made it into movies if he wasn't a world famous bodybuilder in the first place, meaning he had a built in audience.  People flocked to him and that was good enough for Hollywood.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2014, 07:31:29 AM »
I don't doubt for one second that Arnold used schmoes to his advantage. But in all these years, why has no one come forward with stories or evidence? Surely one or two of these sugar-daddies must have wanted to bask in his fame and attention. How can such things remain so secret, rumoured but never confirmed? I would also imagine that many of Arnold's enemies would want to use anything they could to impugn or destroy him, and certain photos or stories could have come to light over the years.
The worst thing he did was pose for schmoes, which is nothing since you're basically already doing it while on stage anyways.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2014, 07:38:18 AM »
f

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2014, 07:49:55 AM »
Pretty much this.
my point was missed. He inspired me to builda better body. Only a fool would believehe had done so naturally. I built a great body using his inpiration and did so naturaly I saw through his bullshit. He is not a saint I never said he was. But he did do great things and helped a lot of people along the way.!
h

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2014, 08:29:04 AM »
my point was missed. He inspired me to builda better body. Only a fool would believehe had done so naturally. I built a great body using his inpiration and did so naturaly I saw through his bullshit. He is not a saint I never said he was. But he did do great things and helped a lot of people along the way.!

[/quote
PEOPLE like us that love bbing or lifting ,70/80's Arnold is peak or one we connect with ,90/2000 governor/bad movie/dye jobs/and now a almost 70 Arnold is the end result of a once incredible physical specimen that we watched go from bbing legend to aging man..

MikMaq

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2014, 08:39:30 AM »
They probably have, its not like anyone gives a shit about the claims of queers.

Pic 100 of the best looking men you know and some gay guy will have claimed to have slept with them.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2014, 09:16:11 AM »
I disagree.  

Arnold may have been somewhat more intelligent than average, but the drugs made his body.  It was his body that got him the notoriety.  The drugs (he started taking them at 15-16) also gave him the drive.  He would have been MUCH less successful without the roids.  Androgens have a dramatic effect on the brain.  Arnold was able to channel that into other areas.  A friend of mine got himself through college on roids and ephedrine.

I'm not saying that the roids were the sole reason he was successful.  Most foreigners that come to the US are more driven simply because they have little to no opportunities in their native countries.  Gene Simmons is a prime example.

High  testosterone = being a man. Of course you can have low moral and not be a man of virtue but being a man means "making it".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2014, 09:32:05 PM »
He did not break the law..Steroids were legal when he took them...Anyone know when they were made illegal? Not till the 90's i think...
You are right.  I stand corrected.
V

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2014, 10:12:59 PM »
That was some decent advice.