Author Topic: Are crossfit games drug tested?  (Read 6650 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: Are crossfit games drug tested?
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 06:17:38 PM »
Who are they going to test for? There's no governing body.

The whole thing in the video reeked of a setup just for the video.

I'm sure CrossFit "HQ" ( ::)) employs drug testers and send them around the world for random testing.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 06:19:22 PM »
Rich's hair is running away.

People do go bald w out gear, but has it always been fucked?

Thinning a bit.

2010 -

2012 -

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 06:21:17 PM »
The whole thing in the video reeked of a setup just for the video.

I'm sure CrossFit "HQ" ( ::)) employs drug testers and send them around the world for random testing.

Yup, that's why it bullshit. Personally I don't care if they're on or off. If they are God knows it's not a strength drug ;D

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2014, 04:09:26 AM »
Yup, that's why it bullshit. Personally I don't care if they're on or off. If they are God knows it's not a strength drug ;D

Your jaded view on cf has mislead you.

Pound for pound the top tier cross fitters are impressively strong

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2014, 04:16:24 AM »
Your jaded view on cf has mislead you.

Pound for pound the top tier cross fitters are impressively strong

They are OK in olympic lifts, I give them that. But then again, I compare them to myself and I could never translate my raw strength to oly lifts. But in squats, deads and presses they are on the level of average powerlifter in their weight class. They are all around 200kg squat, give or take 20kg. This is good for an athlete but nothing supremely impressive.

Mind you, this guy ain't no weighlifter. He competes in bobsled.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 04:26:11 AM »
Why is it bodybuilders are always screaming that everyone uses? Could it be they need comfort in knowing they are nothing without drugs so they rationalize that anyone who is in shape is using. I have news for you. A person can get muscular from just working out without drugs. Maybe not the majority of drug using bodybuilders but there are athletes who can. This "sport" of bodybuilding is based on drug use. Get rid of the drugs and the whole subculture collapses. No Olympia, no expo, no magazines and most of the supplements will go away. No other sports don't revolve around drug use. You have cheaters but it isn't a drug centered like bodybuilding. Are there crossfitters who juice? Of course some do but there is no other sport in the world that has a drug obsession like bodybuilding.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 04:42:19 AM »
Why is it bodybuilders are always screaming that everyone uses? Could it be they need comfort in knowing they are nothing without drugs so they rationalize that anyone who is in shape is using. I have news for you. A person can get muscular from just working out without drugs. Maybe not the majority of drug using bodybuilders but there are athletes who can. This "sport" of bodybuilding is based on drug use. Get rid of the drugs and the whole subculture collapses. No Olympia, no expo, no magazines and most of the supplements will go away. No other sports don't revolve around drug use. You have cheaters but it isn't a drug centered like bodybuilding. Are there crossfitters who juice? Of course some do but there is no other sport in the world that has a drug obsession like bodybuilding.
excellent post!

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2014, 04:46:53 AM »

hahahahhahahahahahhahAHA HAHAHAHHAAHHAAWDHASdhjka `er2e3e

I spitted diet soda on the screen of my Surface Pro reading this.

One question: have you ever competed in any strength sport on a national level? XD Or at least know any national level competitors in any strength sport?

I know olympic lifters, powerlifters... Compted in powerlifting. Behind the scenes all they talk about is drugs.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2014, 05:05:29 AM »
been in the game 40 years. Was so big n muscular pros always accused me of juicing. Mind u I looked good but not like them n certainty didn't have that "look".  When I really bulked up I ranged from fat, not sloppy but not cut, and wen I watched it n did cardio I looked great but still not blindingly cut. No one is debating the fact that u can get big n muscular without drugs. N if u r srsly dedicated u can look dam impressive. So much so where people with weak minds or bb that r on all the time that started w no foundation before drugs who can't vision anyone being muscular without drugs may think u r on. But there is a vast difference between that look and the drug look which is almost always immediately recognizable for the people who have been in the game a long time. Wen I worked at gold we even played a game guess the cycle. Just by looking at people u could pretty much guess wut they were using. Although it's true u can getbig n muscular with no drugs your statement is a bit naive. Most people have limited vision not limited physical traits so they hop on juice quick. Others use it to gain the edge for comp which I can't blame them for these day esp

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2014, 05:25:24 AM »

It may be something to do with the persecution and instant dismissal of effort associated with steroids. Before I ever touched gear people would dismiss years and years of hard work with one word uttered in jealousy and insecurity;  "steroids!".

I've had people try to tell me I'm cheating... cheating who? I'm not competing against any natural people. Unless actually they mean I'm making them feel inadequate. But of course that's 'all drugs' isn't it? Never mind the fact I was hearing it before I ever took them.

Nobody bleats on and on about how he's only the level he is because of steroids in any other sport like they do bodybuilding. Maybe it's that that bodybuilders actually dislike.

Of course everyone knows some people who carry size ONLY when they are on and because of a lack of knowledge/will power etc cannot do it without. Those are the all drugs people. But the rest of us get lumped in with them.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 07:38:34 AM »
They are OK in olympic lifts, I give them that. But then again, I compare them to myself and I could never translate my raw strength to oly lifts. But in squats, deads and presses they are on the level of average powerlifter in their weight class. They are all around 200kg squat, give or take 20kg. This is good for an athlete but nothing supremely impressive.

Compared to the average powerlifter they are average, but compared to the average person they are extremely strong. Not only that, but they are strong everywhere else, where the powerlifter is weak. 

To the average person, top tier Crossfitters are elite at EVERYTHING.  Compared to a someone who develops a certain set of fitness, they are average for that group, which is,  remarkable.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 07:45:07 AM »
Compared to the average powerlifter they are average, but compared to the average person they are extremely strong. Not only that, but they are strong everywhere else, where the powerlifter is weak. 

To the average person, top tier Crossfitters are elite at EVERYTHING.  Compared to a someone who develops a certain set of fitness, they are average for that group, which is,  remarkable.

See, this is what I don't get about crossfit. With so many athletes being really even and some sightly better than the others in certain aspect it is really easy to "skew" the results by creating workouts slightly more suited for one athlete. I think they had put events where Froning would suck in the beginning on purpose to create "drama". At the very end they have thrown events in which they knew he would excel.

I think there is too much room for politics there.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 07:48:50 AM »

Great post, but most of the crossfitters Are on roids/GH.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 07:54:47 AM »
See, this is what I don't get about crossfit. With so many athletes being really even and some sightly better than the others in certain aspect it is really easy to "skew" the results by creating workouts slightly more suited for one athlete. I think they had put events where Froning would suck in the beginning on purpose to create "drama". At the very end they have thrown events in which they knew he would excel.

I think there is too much room for politics there.

I noticed that too, he finished 1st in the last three events and 2nd in the one before that.  In the 10 events before that his average finish was 14th.  Could be coincidence and the order in theory doesn't matter that much (they're all worth the same points) but still...

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 08:09:56 AM »
I noticed that too, he finished 1st in the last three events and 2nd in the one before that.  In the 10 events before that his average finish was 14th.  Could be coincidence and the order in theory doesn't matter that much (they're all worth the same points) but still...

Due to the structure of the competition being over 3 days, and it being aired on ESPN live the last day and a half, they have to program the later workouts for a shorter duration to fit the TV time schedule, and they have stuck to more basic crossfit programming during the last day which is where Froning is best,hence the coincidence.  Usually during the first day and a half they have typically gone to workouts that have alot of variance, hence the swimming, mini Ironman stuff, Sprints,sled pushing and the half marathon stuff they have done in the past.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 08:14:13 AM »
Due to the structure of the competition being over 3 days, and it being aired on ESPN live the last day and a half, they have to program the later workouts for a shorter duration to fit the TV time schedule, and they have stuck to more basic crossfit programming during the last day which is where Froning is best,hence the coincidence.  Usually during the first day and a half they have typically gone to workouts that have alot of variance, hence the swimming, mini Ironman stuff, Sprints,sled pushing and the half marathon stuff they have done in the past.

Yeah the stuff in the last day especially seemed like more stereotypical "CrossFit"-type workouts.

I don't actually have any major problems with CrossFit.  I think it's in the crosshairs right now because it's popular, not because it's inherently flawed or dangerous.  It is definitely intensive and I am a firm believer that there's nothing better you can do for your health and overall well-being than frequent intensive exercise, so if it gets someone doing that when they otherwise would not then that's great.  

The whole "We are the fittest people on earth" ::) thing is really obnoxious though.

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 08:14:36 AM »

Is that the guy who also snatches three plates each side? Knoppers i think his old youtube account was named. Big backsquat too.

Regarding drug testing in crossfit. Lol is it even a sanctioned sport? Not some entertainment thing? They're all juiced to the gills.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 08:20:01 AM »

The whole "We are the fittest people on earth" ::) thing is really obnoxious though.

Yes, part of the reason why people hate them.  They think they are "enlightened" or something and that people who workout and don't do crossfit are inferior. I do Crossfit sometimes(I am CF LVL 1 cert) but my backbone will always be power lifting/free weights.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2014, 11:22:05 AM »
that froning fucker has a huge lump on his left delt you see it a few times in the video hes a fuckin steroid fagget!

hes a fuckin 'tb jab' fagget... perhaps!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2014, 11:22:41 AM »
Is also losing his hair clearly from TDHI.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »

Great post, but most of the crossfitters Are on roids/GH.

Esp the women..

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 03:21:34 PM »
They should test the audience just for watching that shit. No way they're not high as kites.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2014, 08:05:25 PM »
High as giraffes pussy.
Air Falcon