Author Topic: Psychopaths are among us.  (Read 6141 times)

MikMaq

Re: Psychopaths are among us.
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2014, 09:58:01 AM »
They are not everywhere you will most likely never meet a bona fide psychopath in your life, closest you'll get is if you're in military or watching certain politicians or world leaders on TV.  Sociopaths are everywhere and not a big deal they just leech off people and ruin friendships while not giving a fuck.  
Call em whatever, my bet is these people are responsible for alot of hit and runs, opportunistic rapes, etc etc.

I will agree that the image that they are particularly violent is a load of bull.

I worked with one, was an interesting fellow.. Told the company his life had cancer, just so people wouldnt question him when he wasnt at working and still claiming to do so.  

Worst of all people actually believed him.

I tried exposing him to my work, but people kept seeing what they wanted to see.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2014, 09:59:47 AM »
Someone call me?

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2014, 10:05:38 AM »
Legal profession attracts them, I have a civil case running currently and my Barrister I believe is a psychopath.  Either that or he is just a professional arsehole.  Rudest, most arrogant, uncaring man I have ever met.  Would pimp out your grandmother and laugh about it. I can't stand the man, I get chills when I am around him, always combative, argumentative and a complete drain.  You come away from a meeting with him and feel sick in the stomach.  I really do despise the man.

Fawk , you very well might have one in your life , they seems to gravitate towards the legal system ie lawyers prosecutors ect.

My advice is unless you are like him , which you are probably not , stay away and don't get more involved with him than needed. And never reveal anything you don't have to to him , these people have no qualms about using blackmail to fuck with people who get in their way.

The general idea with them is, that they'll go further than you to achieve what they want which is partly what makes them so dangerous in a sense.  

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2014, 12:19:21 PM »
I always wanted to see a psych experiment that demonstrated bias on the part of those who build tests and interpret the results.  Fwiw.

Things like Milgram are slanted to shock.  They're not worthless but the fact that these types of experiments are presented and accepted as some great insight into human behavior says more about the endeavour of psychology than it does about people imo.

Maybe I just have a pathological need to be a contrary asshole but I get the sense with these sorts of things that they're measuring jelly in a container they constructed and then declaring triumphantly that the jelly's dimensions have been uncovered.  By 'science.'

these are really old experiments that have been duplicated many times because nobody likes the results.  Unfortunately they all turn out the same therefore yes you are correct;  it's seems you're just cantankerous. :)
"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2014, 12:27:05 PM »
Legal profession attracts them, I have a civil case running currently and my Barrister I believe is a psychopath.  Either that or he is just a professional arsehole.  Rudest, most arrogant, uncaring man I have ever met.  Would pimp out your grandmother and laugh about it. I can't stand the man, I get chills when I am around him, always combative, argumentative and a complete drain.  You come away from a meeting with him and feel sick in the stomach.  I really do despise the man.

you'll find them in powerful positions.
"

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2014, 02:28:55 PM »
Are you fucking kidding, the average so called NORMAL person is terrible with kids.  Since the beginning of time our child rearing principles have been disgusting, nothing but constant beating, raping, exploitation, brainwashing etc etc. of our children.  The majority of adults still believe it is OK to hit children but not another adult, these are the NORMAL people. And we already live in a society with little empathy.  Society is burdened with pathetic, liberal minded people like yourself who constantly defend those not suited to survival in a modern world.  There is no place in a hostile, raw environment like our modern world for those that aren't equipped to deal with it.  People need to become LESS empathetic, not MORE.  You have to be cruel to be kind, something libtards don't understand.

you have it very wrong this time e-kul. very wrong.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2014, 02:40:04 PM »
Psychopaths are unable to grieve the death of a loved one!

Yet they felt love.  (It's possible they didn't grieve because the dead person wasn't a loved one afterall) I always considered grief for someone's passing a very selfish act.  Why is the individual upset, they didn't die,someone else did.  Are they upset because they no longer receive benefit from the relationship?  Surely they can't be upset for the dead person, they can't feel anything,they are dead. So, grieving for someone passed is a selfish act, the grief ois all about the individuals loss,he feels sad for himself.  And surely the grief stricken knows we all die, so why be sad over something inevitable, beyond their control, unless you had selfish motives, losing the benefit you derived from that relationship.  So grief over someone passing is nothing more than self pity and hardly an indication of an emotionally healthy individual.  If anything it highlights the deep selfishness of human nature.

And Women reacting significantly higher to emotions in others doesn't lead to the conclusion they feel more empathy.  Because of the fact women are more self interested (narcissistic) they just may well be the case that women are just more fearful of what they see befalling others; perhaps because what befalls others might well befall themselves. In other words, their greater emotional responses might simply represent a greater concern for themselves and the fact women are generally more fearful.

You just keep rehashing well worn feminist propaganda that is only believed by white knights (men who hate their dicks and would prefer to be a woman) or feminazis.  If you analyze it critically you all see it's about demonising MEN, the evil gender.  Sadly, you are seeing the issue through a feminist lens and that will hinder your ability to be objective and so miss the ways in which men try to alleviate suffering indicating an empathetic worldview.  I can't blame you though, as the West is predominantly feminist with more and more men being raised in such a manner and not even aware of their own self hatred and worship of the feminine.

after reading this thread, it seems that you have many traits aligned with a ppath. its in your writings in many ways. much of your debate is going off on tangents about other issues not related to the original discussion, and many of your examples are just purely speculation..and pretty bad ones at that. (like the children examples).
you seem to have a desire to prove the other wrong- for intellectual superiority or something, when in fact he has a much tighter, rational and succinct position with no evidence of outlandish claims.

in addition some of your statements which are presented as fact, are just opinion, and not supported by fact. and finally, rather than debate, you outright attack the poster.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2014, 02:41:54 PM »
after reading this thread, it seems that you have many traits aligned with a ppath. its in your writings in many ways. much of your debate is going off on tangents about other issues not related to the original discussion, and many of your examples are just purely speculation..and pretty bad ones at that. (like the children examples).
you seem to have a desire to prove the other wrong- for intellectual superiority or something, when in fact he has a much tighter, rational and succinct position with no evidence of outlandish claims.

in addition some of your statements which are presented as fact, are just opinion, and not supported by fact. and finally, rather than debate, you outright attack the poster.
Oh, boy. Did you just invite a rambling, sociopathic reply, or what?   ;D

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2014, 02:43:10 PM »
These people are lizards they have no nerlogical empathy, they are soulist and they are everywhere.

more than a few getbiggers fall under this as well.

Just because someone has no empathy and is emotionally empty doesn't mean he/her are bad or evil. They can still choose to pretend to be human and live a life of righteousness.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2014, 02:51:23 PM »
Just because someone has no empathy and is emotionally empty doesn't mean he/her are bad or evil. They can still choose to pretend to be human and live a life of condescending righteousness.
Politicians and Wall Streeters assemble! 

MikMaq

« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2014, 03:11:18 PM »
Just because someone has no empathy and is emotionally empty doesn't mean he/her are bad or evil. They can still choose to pretend to be human and live a life of righteousness.
They can but usually only by accident. The being righteous usually fails because they lack the internal control. Theyre at best highly hypocritical which is a trait you often see in the church.

But this is more typical of a narcissist, in general they have little concern for values. It implies to strong of an emotional attachment to life. 

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2014, 03:34:15 PM »

you have it wrong yourself

ekul is simply the devil
"

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2014, 03:58:52 PM »

True. Psychopaths not only have no empathy they are predatory in nature and target individuals they have disdain for.