Author Topic: TNA Wrestling cancelled....  (Read 9139 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: TNA Wrestling cancelled....
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 11:50:11 PM »
Guess those von erich kids aren't getting signed anytime soon. Back to Japan they go

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 04:21:15 AM »
Now Vince will have no problem making even more pay cuts..
Scamming them out of the royalties..
The WWE Network is going the way of the XFL  :-\

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 05:46:40 AM »
they might get picked up somewhere on cable..

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 05:55:20 AM »
I am honestly amazed that wrestling has lasted this long. All the top guys and Vince should be greatful that they were able to become rich off of it.

I had not watched wrestling for years, and decided to start watching Raw again a few months ago.

It was ok to see new faces and storylines, but it got old so quickly.

The Shield? The Wyatts? They were decent the first 10 times you watch them, then it's just the same dumb shit every week.

The last good days of wrestling went away with guys like Stonecold and the Rock.

Cena can't carry it by himself, Orton is played out, and so is the whole "Authority angle".

By the way, does anybody notice that Kane has a shaved head when he is with the authority, and then wears a long wig attached to his mask ??? Does hell make your hair grow?  :D

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 06:17:26 AM »

By the way, does anybody notice that Kane has a shaved head when he is with the authority, and then wears a long wig attached to his mask ??? Does hell make your hair grow?  :D

You should know, coming right out of it, you bald alcoholic.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 06:24:07 AM »
I am honestly amazed that wrestling has lasted this long. All the top guys and Vince should be greatful that they were able to become rich off of it.

I had not watched wrestling for years, and decided to start watching Raw again a few months ago.

The Shield? The Wyatts? They were decent the first 10 times you watch them, then it's just the same dumb shit every week.

The last good days of wrestling went away with guys like Stonecold and the Rock.

Cena can't carry it by himself, Orton is played out, and so is the whole "Authority angle".

No different than a shit type soap opera, a different group discovers it and it keeps on going.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 06:25:44 AM »
You should know, coming right out of it, you bald alcoholic.
I suggest not posting comebacks this pathetic in the future.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 06:28:24 AM »
I suggest not posting comebacks this pathetic in the future.

Your suggestions will be taken into account once you'll follow the suggestions given to you by your fellow getbiggers. Ok, some did suggest you whacking yourself or never posting again here but you know the drill.....

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 06:31:37 AM »
The WWF peaked in the mid 80's.  It was okay in the early 90's too, but it has gone downhill ever since then.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 08:31:26 AM »

Geez...you're a fucking idiot.  Professional wrestling is entertainment....been around over 100 years and will always be around.  People come in and out......the reason for the decline is due to people having less disposble income like every other business. 
A

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 08:39:42 AM »
The WWF peaked in the mid 80's.  It was okay in the early 90's too, but it has gone downhill ever since then.

Peaked in what way? The Attitude Era with The Rock and Stone Cold and hot sluts everywhere seemed like the peak to me.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 08:43:14 AM »

Geez...you're a fucking idiot.  Professional wrestling is entertainment....been around over 100 years and will always be around.  People come in and out......the reason for the decline is due to people having less disposble income like every other business. 
Lol! Guess I hit a nerve. Less disposable income? Raw comes on USA and Smackdown comes on Scyfy.

Thats a normal cable package. I would never pay to see a live WWE event. The overall talent just isn't there anymore.

There are hardly any wrestlers with mic skills this generation. I liked Big E Langston for awhile, until I noticed that all he did was grunt and hiss all over the place. That gets old quick.

Paul Heyman is one of the best WWE talents, and he doesn't even wrestle.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 08:51:03 AM »
Lol! Guess I hit a nerve. Less disposable income? Raw comes on USA and Smackdown comes on Scyfy.

Thats a normal cable package. I would never pay to see a live WWE event. The overall talent just isn't there anymore.

There are hardly any wrestlers with mic skills this generation. I liked Big E Langston for awhile, until I noticed that all he did was grunt and hiss all over the place. That gets old quick.

Paul Heyman is one of the best WWE talents, and he doesn't even wrestle.
HEYMAN is master showman,give him mike and he can infuriate any crowd ,,his old cell phone 80's gimmick was classic nwa.the ponytail is still left after all these yrs...

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 09:23:20 AM »
Your suggestions will be taken into account once you'll follow the suggestions given to you by your fellow getbiggers. Ok, some did suggest you whacking yourself or never posting again here but you know the drill.....

:o

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 09:27:33 AM »

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 09:51:15 AM »

You know nothing about pro wrestling. Also, "greatful" isn't a word. Perhaps you meant "grateful"?
Pro Tip: When trying to appear knowledgeable about an area where you are ignorant, at least run a Spellcheck.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 09:54:26 AM »
You know nothing about pro wrestling. Also, "greatful" isn't a word. Perhaps you meant "grateful"?
Pro Tip: When trying to appear knowledgeable about an area where you are ignorant, at least run a Spellcheck.
Calm down  :D

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 10:12:23 AM »
Peaked in what way? The Attitude Era with The Rock and Stone Cold and hot sluts everywhere seemed like the peak to me.

Maybe, but by that point the characters and gimmicks became way too contrived and soap operatic.   

Like him or hate him, Piper was probably the most entertaining wrestler in WWF history.  He made TONS of money for Vince.  When Vince made him a good guy he lost his appeal. 

the trainer

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 10:16:37 AM »
Are you guys aware that getbig has a wrestler the legendary vince venom versace.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 10:19:12 AM »
I would say so..Every kid I knew was in to it!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 10:21:36 AM »
Maybe, but by that point the characters and gimmicks became way too contrived and soap operatic.   

Like him or hate him, Piper was probably the most entertaining wrestler in WWF history.  He made TONS of money for Vince.  When Vince made him a good guy he lost his appeal. 
I agree ..piper was great as villain,he could get a crowd in a frenzy with that smug smile or pissed off face as he walked to ring.the boos were so loud as he entered arena.when you make a villain a good guy they have to soften there level of 'toughness showd'during match,they have to take BEATING before coming back,piper was better at giving the beating.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 10:25:12 AM »
I agree ..piper was great as villain,he could get a crowd in a frenzy with that smug smile or pissed off face as he walked to ring.the boos were so loud as he entered arena.when you make a villain a good guy they have to soften there level of 'toughness showd'during match,they have to take BEATING before coming back,piper was better at giving the beating.
Rowdy Roddy Shizzo  :D

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 10:36:59 AM »
YOU gotta blame THE GAME and Steph for this, they are running the show now, vince is semi retired already i think

Shane mcmahon wanted no part of his family Wrestling business anymore

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 10:52:18 AM »
YOU gotta blame THE GAME and Steph for this, they are running the show now, vince is semi retired already i think

Shane mcmahon wanted no part of his family Wrestling business anymore

Shane O Mac !!!