Author Topic: Smoking- I seriously want to quit  (Read 7332 times)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Re: Smoking- I seriously want to quit
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2014, 07:42:46 AM »
I 'm gonna stop "snussing".

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2014, 09:34:58 AM »
Currently suffering with Bronchitis coughing and squealing like a seal 

Normally smoke around 10-12 a day unless I am drinking or gambling in which case I will literally chain smoke 20-30 at a time.

My normal day to day smoking has gone way up to like 20 a day now due to stress.

It stinks, girls who don't smoke hate it, when you go out with mates who don't smoke it annoys them ...the cancer and shit is the part I actually don't give a fuck about, its the little things.

Wanna quit but just can't imagine myself without a ciggy in my mouth when drinking, playing poker, gambling, working, after gym or when otherwise stressed.

Is this just pointless thinking about quitting?

Any Getbiggers successfully quit? Tips!

Tips? Stop smoking? That is only and most valuable tip anyone can give. JUST STOP SMOKING! It is simple as that. I was smoker between 1978 - 1988, and then I stop. Just like that. Now I smoke some cigars, like they should be smoked, means no inhaling. According those symptoms, you need to see a doctor, because you have an asthma or COPD. If you squeal like a seal when you exhale, it is probably asthma and it will need treatment. You don't mind about lung cancer, which has fatality more than 70%? That means you are just too stupid to be alive. Have a nice day, you moron..

Uncle Junior

« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2014, 02:11:16 PM »
Just coughed up about tea spoon of blood.......yayyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Thank fuck I hope this sign I am going to finally fucking die.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2014, 02:11:43 PM »
Vaping is where it's at.  8)
A

Uncle Junior

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2014, 02:17:12 PM »
Wanking is where it's at.  8)

Fixed

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2014, 02:19:37 PM »
Tips? Stop smoking? That is only and most valuable tip anyone can give. JUST STOP SMOKING! It is simple as that. I was smoker between 1978 - 1988, and then I stop. Just like that. Now I smoke some cigars, like they should be smoked, means no inhaling. According those symptoms, you need to see a doctor, because you have an asthma or COPD. If you squeal like a seal when you exhale, it is probably asthma and it will need treatment. You don't mind about lung cancer, which has fatality more than 70%? That means you are just too stupid to be alive. Have a nice day, you moron..

I agree. From my experience, the hard part was simply making a decision not to smoke anymore. Once I did that, the rest was pretty much a piece of cake. Of course back in the days when I quit smoking, I don't believe there were any "crutches" to help folks get over the nicotine high. Since those symptoms only lasted about a week or two, getting over them wasn't that hard. It actually helped me to realize how much I'd let cigarette smoking control my life.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2014, 02:22:49 PM »
Junior won't quit smoking. Stop encouraging him and patting him on the back.

This is the typical weak minded and self destructive individual like those 400lbs fat people who try to 'diet', they always fail.

Junior, you won't quit, the best bet for you is to start to use snuss.... that is the best cigarette replacement, nothing else beats that.

It may taste like shit to you, but you get the buzz you are looking for from the nicotine replacement products, amirite?

So stop wasting everyones time, you will get 50 pages of 'just stop smoking, it's easy, this one guy did it so can you'. But you can't can you. Start using snuss.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2014, 02:37:39 PM »
Junior won't quit smoking. Stop encouraging him and patting him on the back.

This is the typical weak minded and self destructive individual like those 400lbs fat people who try to 'diet', they always fail.

Junior, you won't quit, the best bet for you is to start to use snuss.... that is the best cigarette replacement, nothing else beats that.

It may taste like shit to you, but you get the buzz you are looking for from the nicotine replacement products, amirite?

So stop wasting everyones time, you will get 50 pages of 'just stop smoking, it's easy, this one guy did it so can you'. But you can't can you. Start using snuss.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2014, 02:41:41 PM »
I don't get it what does that have to do with this?

start using pilot shades man, they suit you much better than those current ones you're using, trust me

Uncle Junior

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2014, 02:45:15 PM »

start using pilot shades man, they suit you much better than those current ones you're using, trust me

You figure out, you know all the answers.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2014, 02:47:14 PM »
You're either a smoker or you aren't.  Figure out which it is and do it.

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2014, 02:49:30 PM »
After all I said and done, more is said than done.

8)

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2014, 02:50:58 PM »
I quit after about 5 years smoking. Partly because I work in a hospital and I treat people with lung cancer and COPD all the time. Lung cancer is not actually so bad, COPD is much worse; sapping away your lungs until there isn't enough left for you to do anything except sit there gasping for air. I'm not proud of this, but it must of taken me 4 or 5 goes to actually quit properly.

Just keep trying would be my advice (personally I do like the e-cigarettes - the highest nicotine content liquids are harsh enough to make you feel like you are smoking so the transition was quite painless).

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2014, 02:53:07 PM »
You figure out, you know all the answers.

you mean that the train has left the station, that you coughing out a tea spoon of blood is a real sign of a lung cancer in the near future?

well fine then, might as well continue smoking, no point to stop now.

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2014, 02:53:39 PM »
I have never found it appealing and probably never will. I rather have good cold beer.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2014, 03:08:33 PM »

Allow me to explain. "When the seagulls following the trawler its because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea"

Is a quote Eric Cantona made in a press conference.  

It followed major controversy in a football game after he was sent off with a red card and as he was walking off the pitch one of the fans hurled major abuse at him and Eric decided to kung fu kick the fan in the head in front of everyone and the cameras.

The quote was his explanation for it to the press.

It basically meant fuck off I don't care what you think you are a bunch of cu nts.

The quote starts @ 0.39

Uncle Junior

« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2014, 03:12:53 PM »
you mean that the train has left the station, that you coughing out a tea spoon of blood is a real sign of a lung cancer in the near future?

well fine then, might as well continue smoking, no point to stop now.

I have had Bronchitis several times in the past, it usually happens when I chain smoke to much which I have been lately due to lots of fucking drama.

I also have Rhinitis from snorting too much coke in my twenties and my sinuses are very sensitive and I get hayfever a lot.

I also broke my nose 3 times fighting which is why its so big, ugly and why I am a virgin.

I ALWAYS cough up blood after about of Bronchitis, I had chest xray and CT scan in the past and always it was nothing.

Probably means shit is clearing up or too much hard coughing makes blood vessells pop in the lungs.

I usually cough up blood for about 7-10 days after and then it goes away.

So that's why I am not worried about it and will unfortunately for stay and post on get big longer.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2014, 03:26:02 PM »
 ;D

seriously tho, I don't care do you live or die, and I didn't know you're in such a poor condition overall.

you already know what to do.

secondly, snuss ftw :D

Uncle Junior

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2014, 03:32:14 PM »
;D

seriously tho, I don't care do you live or die, and I didn't know you're in such a poor condition overall.

you already know what to do.

secondly, snuss ftw :D

Yes I know you said snuss, but in England I think it is called something else not snuss, i am not sure where to find it but will goggle.

Thanks

Simple Simon

« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2014, 03:38:03 PM »

Yes I know you said snuss, but in England I think it is called something else not snuss, i am not sure where to find it but will goggle.

Thanks

Try Champix
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056892/Anti-smoking-drug-greatly-raises-suicide-risk-used-resort.html

Uncle Junior

« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2014, 04:04:29 PM »
Try Champix
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056892/Anti-smoking-drug-greatly-raises-suicide-risk-used-resort.html

Thanks Simon, it might be worth a try, I was going to make an appointment with my GP, I think I would like to go down the route of some of these new miracle drugs which are supposed to make you quit smoking, despite possible side's etc.

Cheers

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2014, 08:18:27 PM »
I've heard that the anti-depressant Wellbutrin can be helpful to people trying to kick addictions. I've taken Wellbutrin for depression in the past. Since I didn't have any addictions, that wasn't a feature I personally experienced. http://www.rxlist.com/wellbutrin-drug.htm

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2014, 01:18:46 AM »
Just coughed up about tea spoon of blood.......yayyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Thank fuck I hope this sign I am going to finally fucking die.

Not really. If you really have an asthma (Asthma bronchiale) and you have bronchitis, you lungs will bleed if you use something like aspirin. Quit all which include aspirin (acetyl salicylic acid) and your lung stops bleeding in few days. If not, feel free to start arrangements for funerals. 

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2014, 01:00:59 PM »
I smoked roughly a pack a day throughout most of my 20's. I quit not long after 30, almost a decade and a half ago. I can barely stand to be around smoke anymore.

It was 90%+ mental. My body was begging me to quit. I just decided it was time to stop and did. I used patches for a couple of weeks and drank lots of water. There are the psychological triggers - DRIVING, drinking, screwing, waking up in the middle of the night / very early morning to piss whilst half asleep and wanting to light up, etc.

I gained a lot of muscle and some strength after quitting, enjoyed much improved wind and endurance, and food suddenly tasted so much better. The only drawback was going from a very lean physique to a bulkier one with more fat and water. Of course some of that is probably due to aging.  :-\
A