Author Topic: Life after Bodybuilding  (Read 10010 times)

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
Life after Bodybuilding
« on: July 28, 2014, 01:34:36 PM »
If youre a casual bodybuilder, no aspirations to compete, it's reasonable that you will reach most of your potential within 3-5 years of regular hard training and dieting.

For most that means starting at 15 you're 90% done at 20, starting at 20 you're 90% done at 25.
After that it's all about maintaining, maybe have a few months a year when youre working at bringing up certain bodyparts, maybe 8-10 weeks of dieting for the summer etc.

It's really not a big accomplishment or a hard goal, it's not like youre trying to learn chinese.

My question is then to all you with 3-5 years of experience in training, now what do you do with your physique/strength?

Where do you go from there?

Will you take on surfing, rock climbing, wrestling or any other activity where your muscle and strength will be of use?

Of course there's always the permabulkers, the yo-yo's that, like women, just go back and forth and never get anywhere... the Oprah Winfreys of Bodybuilding, but for the regular guys out there I say, if you cant reach 90% of your genetic limit within 3-5 years then there is something seriously wrong with you.

(drugs come into play after 3-5 years when youve already reached your natural genetic limit, NOT BEFORE)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Life after Bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »
Make a mint selling $0.50 worth of whey for $49.95.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 01:40:09 PM »

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 01:41:19 PM »
Myself I reckon I got about a year left of bodybuilding before Im done and frankly i cant wait to spend my time on something more fun and fulfilling.

I also look forward to eat just to maintain what i allready got rather than eating more to put on mass.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »
If youre a casual bodybuilder, no aspirations to compete, it's reasonable that you will reach most of your potential within 3-5 years of regular hard training and dieting.

For most that means starting at 15 you're 90% done at 20, starting at 20 you're 90% done at 25.
After that it's all about maintaining, maybe have a few months a year when youre working at bringing up certain bodyparts, maybe 8-10 weeks of dieting for the summer etc.

It's really not a big accomplishment or a hard goal, it's not like youre trying to learn chinese.

My question is then to all you with 3-5 years of experience in training, now what do you do with your physique/strength?

Where do you go from there?

Will you take on surfing, rock climbing, wrestling or any other activity where your muscle and strength will be of use?

Of course there's always the permabulkers, the yo-yo's that, like women, just go back and forth and never get anywhere... the Oprah Winfreys of Bodybuilding, but for the regular guys out there I say, if you cant reach 90% of your genetic limit within 3-5 years then there is something seriously wrong with you.

(drugs come into play after 3-5 years when youve already reached your natural genetic limit, NOT BEFORE)

muscle building is completely vain and pointless, just like everything else in life.

Hope this helps.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 01:44:08 PM »
muscle building is completely vain and pointless, just like everything else in life.

Hope this helps.

But some things are more pointless than others.

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 01:44:08 PM »
Myself I reckon I got about a year left of bodybuilding before Im done and frankly i cant wait to spend my time on something more fun and fulfilling.

I also look forward to eat just to maintain what i allready got rather than eating more to put on mass.

Lol, just eat and maintain what you got.
Tom Prince said he wouldn't drop below 240 ever again, even when he got clean.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 01:46:08 PM »
But some things are more pointless than others.
as you age you realize everything without exception is in fact intrinsically pointless. Life itself included.

Simple Simon

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 01:49:31 PM »
as you age you realize everything without exception is in fact intrinsically pointless. Life itself included.
I love this clip, it really brings home how insignificant everything in life is, if you "get" this you will never worry about anything ever again.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 01:49:48 PM »

Yes but i still rather drink a beer than a bucket of paint.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 02:04:58 PM »
that's a very cynical thing to say. even for you  ;D

depressed??

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 02:08:10 PM »
you build your body then you casually maintain it to impress hoes

that's about it

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 02:10:17 PM »
I dont believe in this impress the ho's part

girls are ok with very little body development, even 6 months or less training. if anything more training puts them off.

6 months training = impress girls
12 months training = impress yourself
24 months to infinity = impress other guys

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »
I dont believe in this impress the ho's part

girls are ok with very little body development, even 6 months or less training. if anything more training puts them off.

6 months training = impress girls
12 months training = impress yourself
24 months to infinity = impress other guys
u talking natural development or enhanced?

natually you can never get too big if you are ripped.

about zyzz size. which was enhanced anyways. and that's not too much at all.

MikMaq

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 02:32:51 PM »
For me it has just as much to do with not walking and moving like a complete retard. I want a better physical connection to my body, for me its just as much music or acting as it is body building.  Im inventing a new way of moving for retard folk. By time I figure it out, I hope to pass it on to my retard kids.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 02:49:29 PM »
It's about staying young for as long as possible and being in a best shape that's possible for any given time. If there's a "finishing point" for you after 5years - you're doomed to quit...

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately - this is true... and depressing.

Anyway, better to enjoy a fit body than to be a fat/fat-skinny slob, while it lasts..

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 03:01:29 PM »
How can you put vain and pointless into the same sentence

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 03:21:41 PM »
My ideal is something like this, after that its just maintainancemode

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 03:35:16 PM »
I think I'll always be active with weights, but due to the current condition of bodybuilding I have really no inspiration to compete. I'd rather just stay in shape my whole life and not focus on trying to impress anyone.

warez4gold

• Getbig III
  • Awesome size! Look'n THICK, SOLID, TIGHT!
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 04:25:35 PM »

lurasidone 20mg nightly

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 04:41:20 PM »
I love this clip, it really brings home how insignificant everything in life is, if you "get" this you will never worry about anything ever again.

Should be required viewing for every politician, king or pope before they take office.  Now I'm off to do a few sets of pointless deadlifts. ;D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 04:43:33 PM »

how modest of you lol

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 04:48:50 PM »

Like maintaining that physique is not being 100% in Bodybuilding .

WoooSSHHHHHHH   BE YE KE

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 05:22:43 PM »
Ronnie posted a pic of himself on Instagram yesterday in crutches. He's waiting on a hip replacement.