Author Topic: Life after Bodybuilding  (Read 10009 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Life after Bodybuilding
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 05:27:26 PM »
in fact life after bbing for pro bbers is often hell due to the over the top beating they gave to their bodies and skeletons for decades.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2014, 06:51:43 PM »
Really?  Can you post it?  That's a tough surgery....tough recovery!

Yeah, it's on his Instagram. I'll look and see if I can't post it.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 06:01:49 AM »
Ronnie: "Had a great time at Health Spot nutrition store today, I'd like to thank all those who came out to take a photo with me or to just hang out. Here it's me, Ed Nunn, and VIP RCSS Athelete Cory Matthews. Oh yea peeps the crutches are temporary until after my surgery this coming Wednesday for total hip replacement. Yeah Buddy, even though it was lightweight baby, still gotta pay a small price. Double hip replacement for 8 Mr Olympia Sandows. That's a price I'm willing to pay any day as long as I know I'm gonna get 2 brand new hips. Sorry, don't feel sorry for me peeps. I'm truly honored to have served the best God we should all worship. Yeah Buddy, lightweight baby, it still ain't nothing but a peanut even without hips."

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 06:03:01 AM »
This was the previous pic

Over here in Indiana, Fisher at L.A. Fitness trying my best to get these shoulders bigger. Can't wait til this surgery is over so that I can get my strength back. It's all good though, the weights were still lightweight baby, I'm still trying to #lookhowyouwant because I #lovewhatido #yeahbuddy #whatupval #whatsupjamilleah

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 06:08:00 AM »
Really?  Can you post it?  That's a tough surgery....tough recovery!

Now the majority of orthopedic surgeons use a minimally invasive surgery for hip replacement. It use to be they sliced and diced you to pieces to install. Now the day after they have you walking. I'm not saying it's an easy surgery or it isn't a tough recovery but's it's so much better than it was 15 years ago. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 06:34:14 AM »
This has been my experience being around bodybuilding forever. A guy starts bodybuilding in high school and college. The bottom psychological make up is usually an insecure guy. Some where along the line they discover the gym guy who sells syringes, pills and vials out of the trunk of their car. They do a cycle and are amazed at the progress in 6 weeks.

Everyone is giving them props where ever they go. People start asking training advice but when advice is given they never mention the drugs because that would take away the praise they received. On cycle they feel aggressive, confident and a euphoria that just magically chases away depression. A segment of the female population that is ignorant to how he got his physique is practically dropping their skirt to be around him. The steroids are not cheap so a big part of their money goes to the drugs when they are in their early twenties.  Then after 2 months of living a dream they go off to give their body a break. They start losing rapidly after a couple of months off. Psychologically they start feeling a little timid, nervous and feel depressed. They start craving that body and that mind set. Another cycle begins and the life style begins.

So many have thrown away education and the pursuit of a decent career chasing the steroid life style. It's addictive. The praise and fun of carrying around the physique every where they go is something they crave. Then starts the decades of cycling on and off. They stop when finances, health or even criminal arrest hits them. One of the three always comes up. Usually it's health. No there are zero reputable long term studies on the health of recreational bodybuilding drug use. Who would spent resources on studying a subculture of a sport? What I have is all empirical knowledge through the years.

All of my buddies who have competed and juiced for decades are in their 50's now. All with the exception of one look like they never did a push up in their life. Many have severe orthopedic injuries.  Destroyed hips, shoulders, elbows and other sites that operations have failed to bring back to complete function. Two have died from heart attacks.

If I could give any advice to a twenty year old is that they should bodybuild and cardio if that's what they are into. Train natural. No, you can never enter a contest but you will look better than 99% of the male population increasing your health along the way. Be in awe of how pro bodybuilders look but never for one moment forget what you are looking at. Know they would look very different if the drugs weren't around. Use athletes as a role model for physiques instead of drug bodybuilders. Imagine if an elite MMA, sprinter, running back, Olympic lifter was on the Olympia stage? They would visually look like they barely lifted compared to the fluid retention, inflated, cosmetic, drug bodybuilders. The fact would be that they have muscles that actually can be used for an athletic endeavor. Strive for the same. End of rant.  

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 06:57:29 AM »
Ronnie posted a pic of himself on Instagram yesterday in crutches. He's waiting on a hip replacement.

All squats

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 07:15:45 AM »
Ronnie is proof that even when you are a genetic freak your joints are going to get fucked up if you train super heavy all the time.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 07:27:48 AM »
Lol, just eat and maintain what you got.
Tom Prince said he wouldn't drop below 240 ever again, even when he got clean.

He had kidney failure bro!!!! 

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 08:06:20 AM »

If I could give any advice to a twenty year old is that they should bodybuild and cardio if that's what they are into. Train natural. No, you can never enter a contest but you will look better than 99% of the male population increasing your health along the way. Be in awe of what pro bodybuilders but never for one moment forget what you are looking at. Know they would look very different if the drugs weren't around. Use athletes as a role model for physiques instead of drug bodybuilders. Imagine if an elite MMA, sprinter, running back, Olympic lifter was on the Olympia stage? They would visually look like they barely lifted compared to the fluid retention, inflated, cosmetic, drug bodybuilders. The fact would be that they have muscles that actually can be used for an athletic endeavor. Strive for the same. End of rant.  

It all depends. I know two guys, juiced for the past 25-30years, both over 50, look incredible for ther age, health intact, aside a few small injuries, both have beautiful younger females and generally just won at life. Tho' they werent your typical juiceheads who put all his bets on "the lifestyle". It's all relative.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 08:11:28 AM »
Ronnie is proof that even when you are a genetic freak your joints are going to get fucked up if you train super heavy all the time.
imaging how dangerous it is to regular folks

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 08:46:03 AM »
considering the neck/spinal thing he had and now this,he looks pretty good'relative'size wise at this point and healthy looking.forget prime Ronnie comparison we know,,,,,corey Matthews is a house damn..

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 08:52:25 AM »
If youre a casual bodybuilder, no aspirations to compete, it's reasonable that you will reach most of your potential within 3-5 years of regular hard training and dieting.

For most that means starting at 15 you're 90% done at 20, starting at 20 you're 90% done at 25.
After that it's all about maintaining, maybe have a few months a year when youre working at bringing up certain bodyparts, maybe 8-10 weeks of dieting for the summer etc.

It's really not a big accomplishment or a hard goal, it's not like youre trying to learn chinese.

My question is then to all you with 3-5 years of experience in training, now what do you do with your physique/strength?

Where do you go from there?

Will you take on surfing, rock climbing, wrestling or any other activity where your muscle and strength will be of use?

Of course there's always the permabulkers, the yo-yo's that, like women, just go back and forth and never get anywhere... the Oprah Winfreys of Bodybuilding, but for the regular guys out there I say, if you cant reach 90% of your genetic limit within 3-5 years then there is something seriously wrong with you.

(drugs come into play after 3-5 years when youve already reached your natural genetic limit, NOT BEFORE)

- mind control

- g4p

- bunny suit adventures while high on meth

- posting on Getbig

- making photoshops on Getbig

dustin

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 08:57:24 AM »
I've trimmed down to a lean 175lbs and in my best condition with little drugs or obsessive compulsive eating. I train with my wife 4 or 5 times a weeks while I'm on parental leave, hang out at the river or with friends. In the past I'd be worried about my meals, like it even matters. I realized that after building a solid foundation there's no point in obsessing unless you're competing. And even then, you don't have to buckle down until 8 weeks out. Nothing drastic in you're life needs to be changed. Bulking is easy and cutting is easy until you're nearing contest level condition. Until then it's simply more or less calories - simple. If you juice, cycle compounds that make you feel and look good but don't over do it, there's diminishing returns so just switch drugs and esters. Cheaper, safer and more effective.

When I see people who look way shittier than me obsess over eating boiled chicken, quinoa and kale salads I don't know when to laugh or sit them down for a father-son talk and take the time to sincerely inform them how retarded they are and to smarten up.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 09:13:47 AM »
I've trimmed down to a lean 175lbs and in my best condition with little drugs or obsessive compulsive eating. I train with my wife 4 or 5 times a weeks while I'm on parental leave, hang out at the river or with friends. In the past I'd be worried about my meals, like it even matters. I realized that after building a solid foundation there's no point in obsessing unless you're competing. And even then, you don't have to buckle down until 8 weeks out. Nothing drastic in you're life needs to be changed. Bulking is easy and cutting is easy until you're nearing contest level condition. Until then it's simply more or less calories - simple. If you juice, cycle compounds that make you feel and look good but don't over do it, there's diminishing returns so just switch drugs and esters. Cheaper, safer and more effective.

When I see people who look way shittier than me obsess over eating boiled chicken, quinoa and kale salads I don't know when to laugh or sit them down for a father-son talk and take the time to sincerely inform them how retarded they are and to smarten up.
great post...my sentiments exactly...you know what changed this way as well 'death of magazines'who put a perception on what bbing is routine/eating wise/unrealistic view on bbing 'like most could attain yates /haney or any of there champs looks...by reading those articles...interenet is the best thing to happen to lifters or people who want to be in 'there'top shape...

lickitysplit

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2014, 11:02:27 AM »
It must be hard mentally for some pros. Some of them now look like they never lifted and when they are in the gym seeing kids much bigger than them it must get to them. I can imagine them carrying old editions of Flex around saying "see I was big once too".

Having bodybuilding as your while life then looking like you don't train now must affect you psychologically.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2014, 02:19:23 PM »
It must be hard mentally for some pros. Some of them now look like they never lifted and when they are in the gym seeing kids much bigger than them it must get to them. I can imagine them carrying old editions of Flex around saying "see I was big once too".

Having bodybuilding as your while life then looking like you don't train now must affect you psychologically.

I know guys that actually carry pictures of them self in bodybuilding thongs to show people how they use to look because you would never know by looking at their body.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »
It all depends. I know two guys, juiced for the past 25-30years, both over 50, look incredible for ther age, health intact, aside a few small injuries, both have beautiful younger females and generally just won at life. Tho' they werent your typical juiceheads who put all his bets on "the lifestyle". It's all relative.

Yes, there are fools over 50 who juice and look incredible on cycle. Your explanation sounds like the guy that has an uncle who smoked for 50 years and claims the risk is over blown because his uncle is still alive. Is smoking a risk to health? Of course it is, just the same way using steroids are.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 02:49:21 PM »
Yes, there are fools over 50 who juice and look incredible on cycle. Your explanation sounds like the guy that has an uncle who smoked for 50 years and claims the risk is over blown because his uncle is still alive. Is smoking a risk to health? Of course it is, just the same way using steroids are.

Okay...

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 03:39:59 PM »
Ronnie: "Had a great time at Health Spot nutrition store today, I'd like to thank all those who came out to take a photo with me or to just hang out. Here it's me, Ed Nunn, and VIP RCSS Athelete Cory Matthews. Oh yea peeps the crutches are temporary until after my surgery this coming Wednesday for total hip replacement. Yeah Buddy, even though it was lightweight baby, still gotta pay a small price. Double hip replacement for 8 Mr Olympia Sandows. That's a price I'm willing to pay any day as long as I know I'm gonna get 2 brand new hips. Sorry, don't feel sorry for me peeps. I'm truly honored to have served the best God we should all worship. Yeah Buddy, lightweight baby, it still ain't nothing but a peanut even without hips."

He will continue to reap that which he has sown over his so-called "career".  His body will fail. His mind is already a wasteland of stupid.   "I am truly honored to have served the best God..."   What a turd.  What a worthless turd of an individual.   Lying sack of poo deserves what's happening to him. 

Simple Simon

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2014, 03:43:03 PM »
He will continue to reap that which he has sown over his so-called "career".  His body will fail. His mind is already a wasteland of stupid.   "I am truly honored to have served the best God..."   What a turd.  What a worthless turd of an individual.   Lying sack of poo deserves what's happening to him. 
Im stealing that.   ;D ;D ;D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2014, 03:50:42 PM »
haha im still trying to figure how in hell he ever came to the conclusion that injecting shit and destroying your body could equal to serving god the best... maybe he s just a cynical troll.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2014, 05:23:10 PM »
haha im still trying to figure how in hell he ever came to the conclusion that injecting shit and destroying your body could equal to serving god the best... maybe he s just a cynical troll.

Sure beats spewing hate and anger in the computer all day

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2014, 05:26:33 PM »
Sure beats spewing hate and anger in the computer all day
dont you have a needle to pin in your ass junkie phaggot??

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2014, 05:29:56 PM »
dont you have a needle to pin in your ass junkie phaggot??

Blame your father for leaving your whore of a mother, not me ;)