Author Topic: Floor Press  (Read 1861 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Floor Press
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 04:53:57 PM »
When I used to lift heavy, I would do floor press, board press, and lock outs in the rack on triceps day. This wasn't every week, but I would rotate them. If you're looking to up your bench, it works for helping G with locking out.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2014, 05:15:39 PM »
Shhhh, don't tell simplton simon. He's having trouble finding a way to work around his labia.

lol.

Truth though, I haven't quite figured out how do to them solo after a certain weight.   Trying to think of a way to put them on wood blocks, then have my kids pull the blocks away.  Actually, that may be the solution now that I type it.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2014, 05:20:52 PM »
lol.

Truth though, I haven't quite figured out how do to them solo after a certain weight.   Trying to think of a way to put them on wood blocks, then have my kids pull the blocks away.  Actually, that may be the solution now that I type it.

Just don't hit a max. Keep it around 75-90%. Unless you're break a record each week it's not necessary. I don't even hit a max anymore. The older I get the harder it is for me to recover. I literally hurt for days. I play in a softball league and I was for shit yesterday I was in so much pain.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2014, 05:48:56 PM »
Just don't hit a max. Keep it around 75-90%. Unless you're break a record each week it's not necessary. I don't even hit a max anymore. The older I get the harder it is for me to recover. I literally hurt for days. I play in a softball league and I was for shit yesterday I was in so much pain.

I hear that - I've taken that attitude on box squatting....just work at 75-80%, then deload every 5 weeks or so.
Y