Author Topic: Poor families use 'supervouchers' to rent in city's priciest buildings  (Read 520 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
No comment...............  ;D

Poor families use 'supervouchers' to rent in city's priciest buildings

By Alby Gallun July 28, 2014

The high-rise at 500 N. Lake Shore Drive is the second-most expensive in the city, with rents for a one-bedroom apartment approaching $3,000 a month, well beyond the reach of most Chicago residents.

But that's not too much for the Chicago Housing Authority, which has used federal tax dollars to pick up most of the tab for four lucky residents in the year-old building, with its sweeping views of Lake Michigan, a concierge and a dog-grooming center.

Read more: http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20140726/ISSUE01/307269984/poor-families-use-supervouchers-to-rent-in-citys-priciest-buildings#

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
We won't be able to escape the ghetto, Obama voters coming to your neighborhood soon.

"The tenants moved in over the past two years as part of a push by the CHA to expand its housing voucher program so that more low-income residents can leave the city's roughest neighborhoods and start a new life in places with low poverty and crime and close to good schools and jobs. "

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
How dare they?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
That's what I'd want living next to me.....
L

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
That's what I'd want living next to me.....

How dare you...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Reminds me of that comedy routine (Chris Rock I believe) where he is talking about living next door to ni@@ers.    They meet you in the parking lot and say "hey man, heard you got robbed" before you even get home to discover it for yourself.