Author Topic: Lucy: Why I'm Tired of Seeing White People on the Big Screen  (Read 620 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
I read this slowly and throughly.... it does not compute. I truly want to understand this point of view. Maybe im so anti racist that I can't comprehend this thought process?

Lucy: Why I'm Tired of Seeing White People on the Big Screen

Posted: 07/28/2014 2:46 pm EDT Updated: 07/28/2014 3:59 pm EDT

Lucy is about what humankind could be -- it's about possibilities. As Lucy's brainpower grows stronger and the volume of knowledge she is able to access increases, she delivers monologues about how little humans understand about death, existence, and the universe, mediating on time and history. The film likes to think of itself as reimagining everything that we think we know about humanity, and presents to us their vision of what the most evolved woman on earth looks like:

A blonde white woman.

See, I just can't get right with that.

So I guess what's sticking in my craw is the assertion that while human life originated in Africa -- a detail the film neatly skims over, placing the ape-like Lucy that Johansson sees in North America -- somehow the way we imagine the most evolved human being is blonde and white. Even more, when Lucy gets surges of knowledge in the film, her eyes flash brightly blue. Because blue eyes, we all know, are the universal symbol of superiority, right?

Full Article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/olivia-cole/lucy-why-im-tired-of-seei_b_5627318.html

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Re: Lucy: Why I'm Tired of Seeing White People on the Big Screen
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:31:32 AM »
See hitler was right. Blond and whites are the supreme race (next to north koreans)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 10:31:39 AM »
Then why don't they turn on EBT, the dozens of Spanish channels, etc  

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 11:26:56 AM »
This woman needs to be struck on the head with a stone

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 04:43:31 PM »
HAHHA what a miserable life this person must have seeing race and rejection everywhere she looks.

Reminds me of jag

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 12:21:26 PM »
Being blonde and blue -eyed IS seen as the superior beauty. Sand apes went mad over my Swedish girlfriend when in Egypt and India on holiday.