Author Topic: Recent VID by Rich Piana on how BBer's are fucked over by the industry!  (Read 6977 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Makes some good points.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: GREAT VID by Rich Piana on how bb's are fucked over by the industry!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 05:57:17 PM »
And not an individual intercourse was granted.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 06:04:15 PM »
He's exaggerating things (yes, understatement), how many amateur athletes in other sports get paid serious money?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »
hows his dog protein food doing nowadays?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 06:09:21 PM »
He's exaggerating things (yes, understatement), how many amateur athletes in other sports get paid serious money?

Well, Olympic athletes quite often do, or at least those at or near the top of their game do.  Bodybuilders are not athletes.  Bill Pearl once called them "Physique Athletes".

I like Pearl but he was an idiot to even try to make such a claim.  It's far more likely that these great "assletes" get paid, not "under the table" but rather, "under the towel".

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 06:17:18 PM »
The O is at the New Orleans now? Wow that's a shithole.

He's absolutely right though, this organization holds itself back.

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 06:33:45 PM »
This piano fella is misguided. Business is about profitability a better business is a more profitable business.   Also most professional associations charge an annual member ship fee. ( engineers, accountants, lawyers etc) with all of his great ideas and his riches from his clothing and supp lines along with his youtube revenue why does he not start his own org and show the ifbb and npc how it is done ??? This fella is a sack of hot air that loves the sound of his own voice

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 06:43:18 PM »
Why does this guy charge men to sit in the front seat of his car while he "allegedly" plays with his junk? WHY?

epic_alien

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 06:52:28 PM »
if he wants to change things, get the license and promote his own show.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 06:53:43 PM »
Piana's future

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 06:55:47 PM »
Rich 100% right.He is one of the few that has the balls to tell it like it is.The NPC and IFBB have been taking advantage of athletes for years.Why do you think BB is a dying sports?
Why do you think most bb are broke?.I bet only the top 5 pro bodybuilders in the world make of $100,000 a year.Unless they own a company.BB is in a decline, .Why you ask?
Well its expensive as hell and even if you turn pro it cost money to be a pro, do dont get paid to be a professional athelte.I think the winner of the MR USA should get $10, or 25k for the over all.That would bring the competition to a whole nother level
Think about it.It cost about $200-$250 per week to diet for a contest and eat right.
A tanning bed, $150 per month unlimited.You got to have a good base tan.
Clothes to wear after you put your tan on, because you will ruin your clothes $125.
Then you got anabolics.Depending how heavy you use anywhere from $2000-$15000 for a 12 week diet.Then traveling to the show$600, Hotel room $200 for atleast 3 nights.
Rent a car $250 for 3-4 days, for a decent car, gas insurance etc etc
Plus entry fees $100, NPC card $100 maybe more I forgot?Dont forget posing trunks, good ones $80, custom made.So your dont look like a dam stripper or a cheap ass.
Then you got tanning, stuff, dream tan ,Pro Tan or what ever, plus Hot stuff $100
These are realiatic Numbers.So no wonder alot of guys dont compete.
It costs alot of money plus its a major major sacrifrice .Rich is right.
As far  as The Mre Olmpia goes he is right.They are holding the best bodybuilding show in the world at a friggin dump.They are charging an arm and a leg for tickets.Plus a 10 ft by 10 ft booth for 3 days is $2500 a pop for vendors.So they can afford to hold the Mr O at Mandalay Bay .
Plus to sponsor the show I think is $100,000

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 07:03:30 PM »
Rich 100% right.He is one of the few that has the balls to tell it like it is.The NPC and IFBB have been taking advantage of athletes for years.Why do you think BB is a dying sports?
Why do you think most bb are broke?.I bet only the top 5 pro bodybuilders in the world make of $100,000 a year.Unless they own a company.BB is in a decline, .Why you ask?
Well its expensive as hell and even if you turn pro it cost money to be a pro, do dont get paid to be a professional athelte.I think the winner of the MR USA should get $10, or 25k for the over all.That would bring the competition to a whole nother level
Think about it.It cost about $200-$250 per week to diet for a contest and eat right.
Clothes to wear after you put your tan on, because you will ruin your clothes $125.
Then you got anabolics.Depending how heavy you use anywhere from $2000-$15000 for a 12 week diet.Then traveling to the show$600, Hotel room $200 for atleast 3 nights.
Plus entry fees $100, NPC card $100 maybe more I forgot?Dont forget posing trunks, good ones $80, custom made.So your dont look like a dam stripper or a cheap ass.
Then you got tanning, stuff, dream tan ,Pro Tan or what ever, plus Hot stuff $100
As far  as The Mre Olmpia goes he is right.They are holding the best bodybuilding show in the world at a friggin dump.They are charging an arm and a leg for tickets.Plus a 10 ft by 10 ft booth for 3 days is $2500 a pop for vendors.So they can afford to hold the Mr O at Mandalay Bay .

With Piana, Imagine a guy whoes never been drafted by the MLB(major league baseball) trying to tell people what is going on in professional baseball? Bro it's fukcing delusional.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 07:06:31 PM »
His points are valid but it would help his cause if he was a little more articulate...

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 07:06:36 PM »

Not to mention all the classes they have added to pull in entree fees!  At USA's the bb's did not get on stage until midnight est and I lost track of the physique and bikini pro cards handed out in varying height classes (which don't exist in the IFBB). I can't even follow the contests on line any longer never mind sit in the audience and fall asleep.  

Hula hooping will the next class they add.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 07:12:01 PM »
Worlds most expensive Hobby

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 07:15:55 PM »
Worlds most expensive Hobby

x2 no joke!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 07:17:28 PM »
In 4014 Rich will be spoken of as we speak of Plato now.

epic_alien

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 07:24:24 PM »
no one forces people to compete. its done for personal satisfaction. pageantry is no different. they spend as much as if not more  than we do all for a little plastic tiara. same concept.  i have allot of 5k plastic trophies in my office. ::)

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 07:50:40 PM »
Why do you think most bb are broke?.

If Rich has any "balls" it's a cinch they're filled with oil.    Bodybuilding is not a sport and if it is indeed "dying" it's only because schmoes cannot reproduce.  Most bodybuilders are broke due to three (3)main reasons. 

They're stupid.

They're lazy.

There's only so many schmoes to go around.

But mostly because they are stupid and lazy.

Fakechestguy

Re: Recent VID by Rich Piana on how bb's are fucked over by the industry!
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 07:59:37 PM »
bodybuilders do it cause they love it.

I don't think anyone wakes up and says "I want to be a Millionaire bodybuilder"

If they want to be paid well then they should be promoters too.

Nails

• Getbig V
Re: Recent VID by Rich Piana on how bb's are fucked over by the industry!
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 08:11:32 PM »
bodybuilders do it cause they love it.

I don't think anyone wakes up and says "I want to be a Millionaire bodybuilder"

If they want to be paid well then they should be promoters too.

thats how vince basile won all his plastic trophies in canada

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 08:26:11 PM »

^Fucking Spot ON!^

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 08:29:06 PM »
^Fucking Spot ON!^

i read on getbig that you bought some used jay cutler posing trunk back in the days Mike , how much you pay for those  ??? ???

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 08:34:29 PM »

Technically none. That's why they're amateurs.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 08:41:11 PM »
The O is at the New Orleans now? Wow that's a shithole.

He's absolutely right though, this organization holds itself back.
Dude where have u been at. The O has been at the New Orleans for the past several years.