Author Topic: workout types on gear  (Read 2258 times)

lion33

• Getbig II
  • tryin to get big
workout types on gear
« on: February 01, 2006, 07:46:38 PM »
i have read many things saying that you should work out on a one day on,one day off and that you should do about 8-9 sets for big muscle groups and 4-5 for small? 

what do you guys think?

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
Re: workout types on gear
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 08:14:27 PM »
when on gear? man o man, train more than that if ur using bro! do anywhere from 15-20sets per large bosy group and at least 12 sets for smaller ones. train more frequent, thats the point, faster recovery and bigger muscles.

muscle
muscle

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 12:39:04 PM »
Train till you puke ;D

Hitman_Forhire

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 06:23:44 AM »
I agree to do more, I"m 5'7" and have been working out very intensely and have a pretty decent gain rate for a natural guy. I do 6-8 sets natural, and just hit parts once a week to allow for max recoup, but even at that I see small [best I can do withou AAS]. I"m about to do my first cycle in a few weeks once I finish rounding up a few things, and I plan to do WAY more sets that I ever did naturally, and I also plan to condense the workout because I'll be recovering quicker.
Go Big/Go Home

J-Land_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Grooooooowin'
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 12:36:47 AM »
I like Yate's training style.  It works best for me.  Find out what works best for you.  If you are tired and lethargic during the day then you either need more sleep or you need to reduce your training volume.  But general you should do more when on, but this is all relative to intensity and peek training.  Have you reached ultimate failure, if so, then stop, but when on do one more the same and you are done.  No need to pound out 5 or 10 sets, it you have already reached ultimate failure at 3.  The rest will equate to over training.  Which is possible to do, even when on!

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 12:19:57 PM »
im a very high volume trainer, i love alot of sets and hitting it heavy! i train arms 2 a wk (since i feel them lagging, or is it that i want very big arms? i dont know) but i do and i love it so far. everything else i train once a wk unless i feel like hitting that group one more time.

muscle
muscle