Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman - Get Well - Full Hip Replacement surgery  (Read 67798 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2014, 07:51:22 AM »
You've got a point but you also are forgetful of a certain number of shady things related to Ronnie's place in the BB industry. Ronnie also pushed supplements, fart powders and made a living thanks to a snake oil industry which aims primarily at gullible insecure young men. That is consubstantial to pro Bbing itself, Ronnie was like all the others: a con artist. If only those guys were honest about their drug use, you wouldn't have this now classic theme of the Bber falling from grace to cautionary tale.
I resent the deception side of the Industry as well, but that seems to be the only way to make money from it.  If everyone knew these guys are on boatloads of drugs and their 'look' is impossible to achieve without drugs then the industry would fall flat on it's face.  I wish the bodybuilders would come clean but that would mean incriminating themselves.  Personally, I think all drugs should be available to adults.  The laws on drugs are ridiculous and typical of religious zealots who are determined to force their sick righteous worldview on everyone and force them to live by their rules.  Banning drugs in society has caused far more suffering than had they remained legal, one has to wonder what the real motivation behind banning drugs is.  So in conclusion, I don't hate the player, but the game itself.
V

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2014, 07:58:57 AM »
I resent the deception side of the Industry as well, but that seems to be the only way to make money from it.  If everyone knew these guys are on boatloads of drugs and their 'look' is impossible to achieve without drugs then the industry would fall flat on it's face.  I wish the bodybuilders would come clean but that would mean incriminating themselves.  Personally, I think all drugs should be available to adults.  The laws on drugs are ridiculous and typical of religious zealots who are determined to force their sick righteous worldview on everyone and force them to live by their rules.  Banning drugs in society has caused far more suffering than had they remained legal, one has to wonder what the real motivation behind banning drugs is.  So in conclusion, I don't hate the player, but the game itself.

Social mythologies, control, money, etc....I agree with you on drugs. But I can't subscribe to the "it's the only way to make money" notion. Pro-Bbing is already a niche and you have to question what pushes one to become a "pro" Bber and thus indulge in all those behaviors we frown upon (G4P, Selling supplements, lying about drug use, etc...). I love my job but if I was told tomorrow that to continue working in my line of business I would have to continuously lie, scam people and set a terrible example, I would do something else frankly. Bbing is a hobby, a passion to some. It's not even a real sport and Bbers are not athletes. The very idea of this being a "professional" activity is absurd.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ronnie Coleman - Get Well - Full Hip Replacement surgery
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2014, 08:16:57 AM »
Speedy recovery Big Ron.

Akeelsolid

• Getbig II
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2014, 11:50:24 AM »
Last instagram post.

Yeah Buddy on the road to recovery. One hip down and one hip to go. I'd like to thank everybody in the world who prayed for me during this procedure. I truly love you guys and thanks for the inspiration. I truly would not exist without y'all support. God has truly blessed me with this talent and blessed me with true people who love and care about me in this world. You guys are the best, it's so unbelievable that y'all have supported me all these years even though I'm no longer actively competitive. God bless and you guys and may all you guys honestly and truly realize your hopes and dreams as I have achieved all mine. Gotta say it again God Bless my Family, Fans and Family, Can't survive without my RCSS family either, God Bless all you guys and thanks for your undying love and support. We gone take this thing all the way to the too especially now that I'm getting me 2 brand new hips, Yrah Buddy, it's on now @rcssdirector and the rest of you guys, @jhorcss it's time to pick up the pace. #yeahbuddy #lightweightbaby #aintnothingbutapeanut #whatupval #whatupjamilleah #whatuploveofmylifesusan #whatupsusielolasophialaila #timetogetbacktobeingbigbigronFollow
juzuchieri, ihavnolyfe, trinisean and 4,948 others like this.

kalantyrenko

I'm really intrested in what approach his total hip was; if it was the anterior approach, he could have repaired both his hips in an hour, and have a incision as large as an iphone compared to the lateral approach; that being if the surgeon is skilled enough. Also I hope his MD use the Depuy Corail system. Biomet, Stryker Zimmer have a very high fail rate.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2014, 07:09:57 PM »
Social mythologies, control, money, etc....I agree with you on drugs. But I can't subscribe to the "it's the only way to make money" notion. Pro-Bbing is already a niche and you have to question what pushes one to become a "pro" Bber and thus indulge in all those behaviors we frown upon (G4P, Selling supplements, lying about drug use, etc...). I love my job but if I was told tomorrow that to continue working in my line of business I would have to continuously lie, scam people and set a terrible example, I would do something else frankly. Bbing is a hobby, a passion to some. It's not even a real sport and Bbers are not athletes. The very idea of this being a "professional" activity is absurd.
I agree with most of what you say, and bodybuilding is a strange beauty pageant for men. 
V

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2014, 08:06:13 PM »
Appreciate the honesty from Coach.  I'm on the same boat though only 37.  I feel 60 physique wise. Pains everywhere when I wake up and I have to now spend as much time warming up as I do working out.  Thankfully I always did HIT and didn't overtrain as much. Never ever worked put more than three days a week and each body part every nine days, back in the day.

Knees are in constant pain but not bad enough to operate. Had shoulder surgery and didn't do much other than losing some muscle fibers on my bicep. Recently torn a pec as we'll.

I'm not going all out anymore with heavy weights.  I'm not that stupid. My problem is that I don't feel like I'm in shape if I train light. I can get a pretty good workout training
Igniter weights but it doesn't stay with me as long pump wise.

But it just isn't worth risking more injuries for the weights. Who the fuck am I trying to impress anyways?  I've been convincing myself that a slightly above average fit look is enough for me.

I'm putting form as my priority over everything.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2014, 08:18:15 PM »
Lol those pics mean shit, Arnold is a multimillionaire with the absolute finest nutritionists, hospitals and therapy at his disposal, he has good reason to look good and past hormone use has little to do with it. And he had zero fucking legs and struggled to rep 4 plate squats.

Ronnie doesn't look bad at all...I know broke ass journeyman bricklayers and carpenters who needed neck fusions and knee\hip replacement and they sure as fuck didn't toss around 200lb dumbbells and squat 800 lbs for reps..

This is not even close to being a recent pic of Arnold. He's aged about 50 years since this pic.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2014, 08:24:21 PM »
Appreciate the honesty from Coach.  I'm on the same boat though only 37.  I feel 60 physique wise. Pains everywhere when I wake up and I have to now spend as much time warming up as I do working out.  Thankfully I always did HIT and didn't overtrain as much. Never ever worked put more than three days a week and each body part every nine days, back in the day.

Knees are in constant pain but not bad enough to operate. Had shoulder surgery and didn't do much other than losing some muscle fibers on my bicep. Recently torn a pec as we'll.

I'm not going all out anymore with heavy weights.  I'm not that stupid. My problem is that I don't feel like I'm in shape if I train light. I can get a pretty good workout training

But it just isn't worth risking more injuries for the weights. Who the fuck am I trying to impress anyways?  I've been convincing myself that a slightly above average fit look is enough for me.

did you train super heavy all the time,or did you change it up time to time and what did you achieve physique wise or strenght wise? i just turned 46 and pretty much running on all cylinders and still top form build wise,i train heavy'relative'for my levels or strenght capability,add or do alot of drops or supersets to change it up,and just play with conditioning at this point,bulking up is a waste at this point only to diet it off .

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2014, 08:28:12 PM »
Isn't there a link between heavy weed smokers and hip replacements?

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2014, 09:04:10 PM »

Same here, we're the same age and likely as beat up. I did untold damage to myself listening to dangerous idiots like doggcrapp and other permabulkers about how you needed to always push the envelope (yeah that Deload week makes the joint trauma all go away  ::) ) despite using perfect form I'm a mess

Now I almost never go over 315 for anything.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2014, 09:35:41 PM »
ronnies body isnt more beat up than any other athlete. there's a ton of athlets that retire in their 20's or 30's from far more serious injuries.

But do they look like a melted pudding pop?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2014, 12:41:37 AM »
This is more like it actually..I'd be a stud regardless. You'll forever be a bitter loser

That's a cool build.

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2014, 06:00:44 AM »
did you train super heavy all the time,or did you change it up time to time and what did you achieve physique wise or strenght wise? i just turned 46 and pretty much running on all cylinders and still top form build wise,i train heavy'relative'for my levels or strenght capability,add or do alot of drops or supersets to change it up,and just play with conditioning at this point,bulking up is a waste at this point only to diet it off .

Yeah man.  But i was natural also which probably helped i think.  From 1995 to a few years ago always heavy.  The goal was to go up 2.5lbs at every exercise or go up in reps with same weight.  Looking back i did achieve my goal physique wise, but the idea that you can only ever train heavy or is  waste of time probably isn't true, or healthy. 

I wanna be 50 and be able to play any sport, run around and shit.  This morning i woke up like if someone hit me with shovel on my back.   ::)

the trainer

« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2014, 06:12:50 AM »

Inject deca and take plenty of fish oil and gocosamine this should help your joints to recover.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »
He may live long enough to regret his stupidity or he may not.  Its not a matter of wishing ill upon this buffoon as  he more than took care of that himself by turning his body into a toxic dump. 

He's scared, just not "running scared" because he couldn't outrun a snail going downhill.    If he lives, he lives.

Curious how so many presume to know what is going on in Ronnie's head. A man who achieved his dream, made a great living doing what he loves while the rest of you drones punch a clock waiting for retirement.

K1RB

• Getbig III
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2014, 06:35:55 PM »
Lets fast forward 10 years and try to imagine what Ronnie looks like-
190 lbs, bald, broke, really unhealthy(if he is still alive)...
If these guys don't get a break in film , they don't stand a chance-
There are at least 30 guys in my gym bigger than Ronnie right now-
Go figure ???

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2014, 07:33:09 PM »
If you started lifting hard in you teens and continued into your fifties the odds are you are going to have some damage.  I can't count how many big benchers I knew in their younger years that have a ton of shoulder, pec and elbow problems. I bet if they could do it again they would have been more involved in the other 300 exercises instead of lying on a bench pushing a weight.

I think when you are young that's the time to push the strength envelope. When you're older then it's time to push the endurance envelope with higher sets with short rests between sets with moderate weights. Of course these are generalizations.

I made some of my best gains in my 40's lifting heavy. Suffered close to zero joint issues.Thought I was relatively immune to problems like that. Then when I approached near 55 my joints started going. Left shoulder then right. Right elbow flairs up. Now my right knee feels like it's grinding after I went for 5 mile run. I think about all that Arthur Jones and Mentzer stuff of lifting heavy weights for low sets trying to get stronger all the time maybe wasn't the best idea through the years.

Sometimes I think I would have been a better athlete with healthy joints if I would have just done body weight exercises and did cardio like running, biking and swimming. Was man really meant to do all these various weight exercises without problems decade after decade? Anyway Monday is chest and back in the weight room.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2014, 11:02:33 PM »
Curious how so many presume to know what is going on in Ronnie's head. A man who achieved his dream, made a great living doing what he loves while the rest of you drones punch a clock waiting for retirement.
You and are not so different and yet you vouchsafe for this turdling.

I have achieved more than I ever thought possible.  That I never ascended the Olympia dais via drugs and schmoeing it up concerns me not.  Neither does the fact that I've only fathered two children via legitimate marriage to the same woman.   I have never been a lying part time rent-a-cop that takes enough illegal (i.e., controlled substances) drugs that if I had any conscience I would arrest myself and throw away the key.

That I never lied to people selling what amounts to sugar water and telling them that its the reason I am so huge.  I am older than Coleman and still have my hips.  I am older than Coleman and am not falling apart because my body can no longer stand being a toxic dump.   I am smarter than Coleman because...Well...Oh what the heck.  So is the average poodle.

If this is all you are capable of then I highly recommend that you stick to defending Israel (whom I admire greatly) in those threads on scumbag Muslim terrorists because like the Jews a couple of days ago you are out of ammo.  Of course they called upon the U.S. and we sold them more. Good for us.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2014, 02:38:07 AM »
Why all the hate on Ronnie Coleman.  I genuinely don't understand it.  He isn't complaining, he's rolling with the punches and under the circumstances for a man who abused PED's for 20 years has had a pretty good run.  Lots of men have health issues after 40, and who knows how much his lifestyle impacted his current condition.  Ronnie was always laid back, never a hater and had a work ethic second to none.  The HATE doesn't make any sense to me.

Agree with that. Probably, he is delusional and believes the story he has created about his life and career. He may think drugs only played a minor part, or that he was just "leveling" the playing field. Ronnie is a likable person. He probably believes in his "god", also.

NN

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2014, 02:42:12 AM »
I made some of my best gains in my 40's lifting heavy. Suffered close to zero joint issues.Thought I was relatively immune to problems like that. Then when I approached near 55 my joints started going. Left shoulder then right. Right elbow flairs up. Now my right knee feels like it's grinding after I went for 5 mile run. I think about all that Arthur Jones and Mentzer stuff of lifting heavy weights for low sets trying to get stronger all the time maybe wasn't the best idea through the years.

Sometimes I think I would have been a better athlete with healthy joints if I would have just done body weight exercises and did cardio like running, biking and swimming. Was man really meant to do all these various weight exercises without problems decade after decade? Anyway Monday is chest and back in the weight room.

I did the most damage to my body playing soccer. Knee, ancle and muscle injuries that never will heal. Running hurts my hips and knees. Weight training is still ok for me and never caused me any significant injury.

Kolbjørn

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2014, 02:57:17 AM »

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2014, 02:58:17 AM »
Thanks flex, I'm very conservative with my use. Diet and training before anything

You went from having a great natural physique to looking more freaky. I can understand the motivation, but what about long term plans? You need to continue the drugs to keep that physique. Is it worth it?

NN

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2014, 03:07:38 AM »
hahaha! look at the number of crybabies in this thread!! boo-fucking-hoo! look how they are raging!! a life time of buying supplements and now theyre bitter because theyre no closer to their ideal physique now than when they first started out so they blame the bodybuilders and the supplement industry for making them believe a lie  :D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2014, 03:55:30 AM »
Yeah peanut - Hip hip hooray!

That's a phenomenal build on un-epic beard man.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2014, 09:16:39 AM »
Both of my hips feel just fine.........