Author Topic: How does it feel to be at BB show?  (Read 14499 times)

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
How does it feel to be at BB show?
« on: July 30, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »
How does it feel to be at BB show? What about the crowd, is it filled with men only? Post your experience.
Seriously thinking about buying a ticket for EVLs Prague Pro.

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
Re: How does it feel to be at BB show?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 01:26:57 PM »
this was dedicated to GO, but nevermind.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 01:28:50 PM »
crown is mainly men lifters and their gf's etc a few obvious schmoes. some absolutely massive units. some people who obviously dont get it or have just started or kids. the show happens pretty quick as they are often doing routines in groups and even the pros only do a 1min routine or something. its often hard to tell the diff between the competitors anyway.

i liked walking around bodypower first year, doing some of the challenges, talked to zakh khan but didnt bother with long queues.

Simple Simon

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 02:57:49 PM »
I find them the most boring events on the planet.
Last one I went to watch I fell asleep for about an hour.
I was waiting for a guy I knew who was doing the Short class Misters, they were on after the Novices, the novice class came out to be judged and there was around 30 of them, I couldnt take any more and went home.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 03:14:22 PM »
Curious to know if any of the UK GB'rs has ever been to the Olympia.

I have never been. Not sure what to expect?

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 03:18:54 PM »

You are going to see it?

probably something like this.

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 03:20:57 PM »

You queue for ages to get in, you walk around the stalls looking at all the ridiculous clothes and waste of time supplements
The judging starts, and after 30 seconds you know who the top three are, it takes a fucking age to sort the rest out then everyone fucks off to their hotels discussing who's going to tighten up or spill over by the next days show.
Everyone comes back and it starts again, an hour later its all over and the reigning champ has another Sandow.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 03:35:08 PM »
You queue for ages to get in, you walk around the stalls looking at all the ridiculous clothes and waste of time supplements
The judging starts, and after 30 seconds you know who the top three are, it takes a fucking age to sort the rest out then everyone fucks off to their hotels discussing who's going to tighten up or spill over by the next days show.
Everyone comes back and it starts again, an hour later its all over and the reigning champ has another Sandow.

Haha, sounds about right, marvelous ! ::)

Uncle Junior

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »
You are going to see it?

probably something like this.

Yes I have been twisted into it against my better judgement by 9 other North London knuckle heads from my gym, can't wait.  ;D

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 03:47:01 PM »
Funny enough I was talking to a guy tonight who went last year and is going again this cos he had such a blast.

Simple Simon

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 03:52:10 PM »
Funny enough I was talking to a guy tonight who went last year and is going again this cos he had such a blast.
Schmo.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 12:11:52 AM »
I went to the 03 Mr. Olympia with Arnold and Franco! I also met Joe and Betty Weider for the first time that evening. Over the next few hours we went backstage and met all of the athletes, news people and all sorts of other schmoes.(and there are a lot)  
Best was the hanging out with Arnold,Franco,Joe,Betty and Mike Katz in the green room. Lots of old stories were told. Arnold just became Governor of Cali. So he was in a specially great mood. He did a speech on his achievement and how Bodbuilding helped him to get him there . The crowed went fucking insane when he went on stage, it was like a Van Halen show at the  "Van Halen's monster's of rock"! That's the closest i can describe it.
It was one of my best days of my life because since a very young age i was a big Schmoe and this day was Schmoe heaven.lol!
 The best Part was a Pict. of me and Arnold ended up in Muscle and Fitness . Great Pict of him sitting on the desk and telling me some funny shit. The Article in the magazine was about young Athletes needing the help of older experienced Athletes.
This was the only time i went to a BB show and it was one of the most mesmerizing experiences for me.
After that show i just never saw the reason why i would have to see  another one. I got more out of this event then i ever dreamed of as a kid. I just don't want to destroy the perfect memory.
I think you should see at least one and decide for yourself. I think you like it.
I hope i don't get a lot of shit for this..lol
But i wanted to share my only experience about a Bb show.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 12:25:21 AM »
The last show I went to was held up North and once my best friend had competed I got her out of there to clean up and get that horrid dream tan off. I was exhausted just from taking all day to apply the stuff. Bent down on my knees patting her with tissues to get it to dry.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 01:08:23 AM »
Gay everywhere, dripping in gay.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 01:13:24 AM »
I went to the British Grand Prix in 2004, met Earnie Taylor, saw Ronnie Coleman himself on stage with Rhul and Kris Dim. Flex Lewis as well before he moved to the US and got so big.

I never went to one again.
S

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 05:23:24 AM »
Going to a live BB show has never interested me.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 05:30:16 AM »
Going to a live BB show has never interested me.

I needed to see Big Ron at his prime on stage thonged up....it was crazy. I will never see anything like it.
S

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 06:12:38 AM »
I needed to see Big Ron at his prime on stage thonged up....it was crazy. I will never see anything like it.

How did Ron look in person? Was Ruhl freakier than him?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 02:12:18 PM »
Went to two Olympias in the late 90s when Ronnie started winning. Incredibly uncomfortable experience. I'm ok with gays, but creepy little bug-eyed gays that scream and holler when the real lat spreads happen ... too much. One of my pals that competed in a local shows (his first and only, took up fishing after that) said that a fag got caught wanking in the auditorium and started screaming when  removed.

I also went to a seminar with Flex. Extremely uncomfortable. Wore these skin pants and kept flexing his legs and arms. I left after he took a toilet (drug?) Break.

Not for me. Just train for myself now.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 05:54:41 AM »
How did Ron look in person? Was Ruhl freakier than him?

Rhul looks ridiculously big, a man mountain, he really played the crowd too going to corners and hitting most muscular and walking onto the crowds at one point.

But Ron was on a different league. Inhumane looking person. Kris Dim now looking back was sad to think off, as I saw him not long before his heart problems.
S

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 06:43:03 AM »
Roelly is the most absurd one these days. You cant believe  he is real. Looks twice as big as branch.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 08:27:20 AM »
Roelly is the most absurd one these days. You cant believe  he is real. Looks twice as big as branch.

Great responder to steronz

Him and big Ramy have great potential, I hope this is isn't the peak.

S

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 05:56:49 PM »
I saw big Ron at Mr. O. He was impressive

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 12:40:23 AM »
Bodybuilding shows bring out the biggest bunch of losers known  to man, skiny fat men in ottomix boots wearing bodybuilding pants, bum bag and sometimes even bandannas... That might be ok in the states but its too gay fir the UK

Also the same skinny fat types tend to bring cool bags and eat tupperwear food all day, so not to fuck up there non existent diet plan...

Altho alot of the crowd are normal people who have done shows in the past, or have friends or familly competing, or a mixture of the 3

Last one I attended there was alot more fanny, the figure and bikini classes are getting popular

I have to add, the southern ethnics seem to have a passion for synthol, lots of funny looking tri's bi's and funky delts in skin tight t shirts .. This is a southern thing, its not seen up north

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2014, 02:15:00 AM »
Long,boring,drawn out affairs that always start late and last way too long.