Author Topic: how does the dielectric material in capacitors help detain more charge  (Read 9323 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
our capacitors would still work without dielectric materials but the dielectric material apparantley rearranges the atoms in a way that the capacitor holds more charge

so what are the sequence of events going on in a capacitor anyways?

close switch (current and voltage) enters the oven, a transient occurs then after transient is over partial voltage is leaked out of the dielectric (of conducting wires in power cord) results in heat and energy loss when current stabilizes (around light speed)...now im getting fuzzy around the next steps , what goes on with the capacitor plates and dielectric material guys?
A

Natural Man

• Getbig V
mental illness.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
mental illness.
im still not understanding the dielectric feild wikipedia only talks about in basic terms what a dielectric is but doesnt say much else

im confused about dielectric feild and dielectric energy. is this referening always to the capacitor. what about the "dielectric" in a line of conductance does this refer to the insulation around the wire or the neutral wire?

ps . wouldnt even notice you in real life being only 5'6
A

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Dielectric - Not conducting direct electric current.  Not able to conduct direct electric current, and therefore useful as an insulator.

You are far from stupid and as such are doubtless aware of the incredible usefulness of the interwebs?  Good.  There are dictionaries online, big man. 

Be well.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Dielectric - Not conducting direct electric current.  Not able to conduct direct electric current, and therefore useful as an insulator.

You are far from stupid and as such are doubtless aware of the incredible usefulness of the interwebs?  Good.  There are dictionaries online, big man. 

Be well.

thats exactly my point you think that thats all there is to know about dielectrics you dont know the first thing lol. you copied that from wiki, a dielectric is much more complicated than that
you have

dielectric fields, energies, charges, materials ect

here is something to explain it usefull
In terms of energy, high polarizability allows storage of large electric potential energy at low voltage cost, and also low electric field (i.e. no arcing). The reason is that the dielectric material provides a new energy storage mechanism: re-arrangement of charge on the atoms in the material.

A

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
our capacitors would still work without dielectric materials but the dielectric material apparantley rearranges the atoms in a way that the capacitor holds more charge

close switch (current and voltage) enters the oven, a transient occurs then after transient is over partial voltage is leaked out of the dielectric (of conducting wires in power cord) results in heat and energy loss when current stabilizes (around light speed)...now im getting fuzzy around the next steps , what goes on with the capacitor plates and dielectric material guys?

You must discretize the problem in both space and time to stand a chance.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
seems im 2-0 in this thread . uberman doesnt know anything about anything and then we have the scott who pulls up and posts the first thing about dielectrics.. im telling you boys electricity is alot to learn about. we are in this weird place called earth we pull a compass out we orient ourselves north or south the compass moves. pass electric current over a wire , place a compass near it the compass will move, lots of cool things to learn about lots of other planets out there better than this one but youll never get there not learning what you need to know and acting like humans who do not deserve a better life
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
You must discretize the problem in both space and time to stand a chance.

what gets me is when stienmetz is talking about transients of all types the time of change between two constants

electrical transients are most interesting when compared to other transients. alot of the energy goes out of the wire during a transient but how? and where exactly does it go? surely there is a resivoir of lost electrical transients
A

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
Falcon,

Some call this guy you are now obsessed with a meth addict and charlatan:
http://ericdollard.com/

Your thoughts on the below?

http://ericdollard.com/2014/01/27/is-eric-dollard-really-the-victim-a-former-helper-tells-all/

Hello, My name is Andrew and I once trusted the Dollard-leech.

Just curious TZ, have you seen anything in Eric’s rantings or writings that in any way, shape or form has any practical use whatsoever? I sure haven’t.

When I was doing his typing for him I’d see him explain magnetic lines of force in a manner so ridiculously simplistic my elementary school teacher would have been bored to tears, then in the next paragraph start spouting out nonsensical formulas and equations, then when no one understands what he’s talking about, he’d start whining about how stupid everyone is.
  I just watched the youtube video. The quote that really stuck in my craw was him accusing you, or anyone of being a Nazi. Eric Dollard, standing in my kitchen one afternoon, said, and I quote, “The only thing I have against Adolph Hitler is that he didn’t finish the F*ck*ng job!”

Kay-Oh, this here Aaron Murakami character. A quick google search indicates he obviously has his pecker in a lot of people’s pockets. I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw the Queen Mary. That said, I’d bet dollars to donuts Eric was working him at least as much as he was working Eric. Krack whores are ruthless…

Step 1: Convince a bunch of techs you know something that is beyond their comprehension.

Step 2: Convince said techs to sell what they own to build you a facility where they will be able to learn your secrets.
Step 3: Use said facility to lure the greedy capitalist scum to pack your nose in exchange for the promise of betraying your comrades and turning the secrets over to the capitalist for profit.
Steps 1a through 3a: Throughout it all keep everyone convinced that it is others who are the traitors, not me. I’m just a victim.
   Dollard-san has been through how many facilities now? How many sets of friends/students/backers-turned-traitor? Simple math: What’s the common denominator? What is the one factor that is present in every equation? It isn’t Raui. It isn’t TechZ. It isn’t Andrew. It isn’t David. It isn’t even George Bush, Barak Obama, Adolph Hitler, or Aaron Murakami.
BS I think is putting it mildly. ;-)

I’ve watched a few of Eric’s videos. In one he was setting out to prove that he could transmit a circular polarized signal through the air. He took a signal generator hooked to an antenna, modulated the signal with 1khz audio. Tuned a superhetrodyne receiver to the same frequency… Lo and behold, you could hear the 1khz tone. WOW! We did that in Jr. high electric shop.

Another video he was showing how electrostatic energy could light a neon pilot light. GEE! A neon light uses about what? 9 watts per year? Held in close proximity of a high voltage source, of course it will light. But try building up enough electrostatic charge at one end of town to run a refrigerator at the other end of town without frying everything in between.

Kay-Oh, enough rant. Yes. Go ahead and use that quote if you want to. Most of the stuff the bloke said, I just learned to filter out. It seemed his racist spiel was on a continuous loop, repeating incessantly…

Jews are the cause of ALL the problems in the world.

blacks are the cause of ALL the sub-negroidal mentality.

Mexicans are the lowest piece-o-sh*t scum on the planet.

Chink women are the ugliest crap on the planet.
And everything that’s white and isn’t Eric is either a “Gork” a “Queek” a “Hoon” or a “Howlie”

And throw in a “F*ck*ng” or three in every sentence.

Sorry to keep ranting. Reminiscing about hanging out with the bloke just makes my skin crawl.

Anawa’ Let me know if you get a yahoo or google group going.

Cheers,

Andrew

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Falcon,

Some call this guy you are now obsessed with a meth addict and charlatan:
http://ericdollard.com/

Your thoughts on the below?

http://ericdollard.com/2014/01/27/is-eric-dollard-really-the-victim-a-former-helper-tells-all/

eric has gotten people jealous of him. he doesnt claim to be anything special he says read charles stienmetz (the guy who picked apart teslas shit and made it better) and jj thomson eric sells books cheap of his own interpretations of these writings

eric pissed people off because he's saying there is alot of misleading science out there, paid disinformants. eric says listen to the real guys who paid there dues like tesla and stiemetz fuck all these other losers who make electricity too confusing
A

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
thats exactly my point you think that thats all there is to know about dielectrics you dont know the first thing lol. you copied that from wiki, a dielectric is much more complicated than that
you have

dielectric fields, energies, charges, materials ect

here is something to explain it usefull
In terms of energy, high polarizability allows storage of large electric potential energy at low voltage cost, and also low electric field (i.e. no arcing). The reason is that the dielectric material provides a new energy storage mechanism: re-arrangement of charge on the atoms in the material.

And my point was and remains that is pretty much all the average person needs to know. Sheesh!  They probably don't even need to know that and it's probably true that they could care less. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
eric has gotten people jealous of him. he doesnt claim to be anything special he says read charles stienmetz (the guy who picked apart teslas shit and made it better) and jj thomson eric sells books cheap of his own interpretations of these writings

eric pissed people off because he's saying there is alot of misleading science out there, paid disinformants. eric says listen to the real guys who paid there dues like tesla and stiemetz fuck all these other losers who make electricity too confusing
And what makes Eric the authority on misleading science? Who says he is not the one helping to do the misleading? Beware of those who claim that they have all the answers or who say all the others are wrong, but that they themselves are right.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

No, "Champions", that isn't even remotely how capacitors work.  Try Wikipedia.  Or a coloring book.

Or maybe just go back to your hemi iron rants.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Brother Johnny, seek mental help immidiately.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.

The both of you need help. 

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent

But why mess with this interesting journey of knowledge? It's bound to arrive at something at some point. At who knows what kind of invention or revolutionary insight that might benefit mankind.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
marty champions, is this you  ;D

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
But AnabolicHalo gets TO'd.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
And what makes Eric the authority on misleading science? Who says he is not the one helping to do the misleading? Beware of those who claim that they have all the answers or who say all the others are wrong, but that they themselves are right.
because very little engineering has been done since the invention of AC its still the same alternating current weve had for a 100 years. they realized the potential long ago
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
the thing is so many things are happening at once when electricity flows that it angers people to think about it thus they rather not talk about it. They basically lose out on gaining this wisdom wich can benefit them
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
because very little engineering has been done since the invention of AC its still the same alternating current weve had for a 100 years. they realized the potential long ago
That is not answering the question. Think about all the students at MIT, all the people who work for the Defense industry, and look at the electric  car company Tesla. what makes Eric so special? What makes him an authority? I don't see him on the cover of Popular Mechanics, Popular Science, or other well known magazines.
What has he accomplished?
Again, beware of those who claim to know it all, and that others know nothing. It's a ploy.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
But AnabolicHalo gets TO'd.

He gets a lifetime free pass for showing his pencil dick.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
mental illness.

You can teach ape to read, but you can't teach it to understand what it has read. All this guy really need is a big kettle to put on his head, and the scoop's to drumming the kettle. That would keep him busy at the end of his days..

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
Re: how does the dielectric material in capacitors help detain more charge
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 05:39:28 AM »
So this is what the - little fellas that come to the gym day in and day out her never change - talk about