Author Topic: Axl Rose - SOB can still rock but wut a fatass  (Read 6717 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Axl
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2014, 08:28:49 PM »
Alot of rosé tinted glasses here, he was never a good live singer, he is just worse than he was.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2014, 10:03:45 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2014, 10:06:28 PM »
This is how an old rocker should look

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2014, 10:52:21 PM »

MikMaq

Re: Axl Rose - SOB can still rock but wut a fatass
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2014, 12:35:59 AM »
This is why I prefer the phil collins geddy lee, method.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2014, 01:22:14 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, Axl not only gained 100 pounds, but also lost his voice.

The one thing that made him unique is now gone. I used to be a fan, but can't stand to listen to what his voice has become. It brings a tear to my eye to see what the new Axl has to bring.

I mean, listen to this, for fuck's sake, I can't...  :'(

"1"

I'm shocked - he really has lost it.

I went to see the Scorpions on their farewell tour a couple of years ago and the lead singer was sharp as ever. Had not lost the ability to sign the high notes as Axl has.

In fact - fuck the Scropions - I went to see the Buzzcocks - a 70's punk band in 2009 and Pete Shelly, who looked like your Grandad sounded just like the old records.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2014, 01:30:03 AM »
Watch & listen to this mess & this was already 3 years ago. Yeah, I'd pay to watch quality like this.

This isn't age - it's abuse.

Plenty of guys older than him can still hit it.

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2014, 07:09:40 AM »
Alot of rosé tinted glasses here, he was never a good live singer, he is just worse than he was.
Very true.  G n R was NEVER a good live band.  I loved their music as much as anyone but they sucked live.  They would stumble around the stage drunk and junked up on heroin and shit, they sounded bad.  The dude they have playing the guitar for them right now can fucking kick some serious ass though, just like Buckethead did as well, so props to Axl for replacing Slash with two dudes who can whale on that thing.  Reminds me of David Lee Roth when he went out and got Steve Vai -- probably the only guy who can play like Eddie Van Halen.

Anyway, fuck Axl, he was always a douche.  Daryl Hall still has a great voice on his show Live at Daryl's house, for those of us who enjoy soft rock as well  :D

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2014, 07:28:20 AM »
he has most def not lost his voice. I didn't really listen to the vid u posted maybe it was an off night or his vocal chords were strained. He can still belt them out fir sure. Saw him in concert fairly recently n he and the band kicked fn ass. His voice was on point the show I saw.

Wow yeah just listened it that one. Sounds like he's short of breath. Did not sound any thing like that at the show I saw.

His voice is not longer the same he can't hit those high notes for years actually, they tried a reunion in the late 90's some members Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan made the band Neurotic outsiders  with Duran Duran's bassist John Taylor for that same reason ....

I remember long ago Axl was paid for a reunion tour and special appearance at MTV award (I cant remember though if they performed that night or simply presented an award on stage)...you can look that up on (Youtube) But thing is  Axl couldn't sing any of the classic hits during rehearsal without breaking his voice......

The other super group Velvet Revolver Had Slash in it because same reason him, as the other rest of the band still had the drive to keep touring and making songs but without the the frontman that rarely works.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH   BE YE KE

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2014, 07:43:21 AM »
You do tend to lose the high notes as you age.. especially if there is a lot of smoking and drinking. But guys like McCartney bring it well into their 50s and 60s;- he is over 70 now, but I havent heard him this year. What was worse than the vocals on that first one, was seeing that fat cowboy pretending to be Axl Rose.  Note- I hate hate hate the fat cowboy dress up so many guys do now.. 

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2014, 08:35:16 AM »
One of his best concert vocals/piano was when Elton John backed him on November Rain. Saw it live at the time and just watched it again on You Tube. The Tokyo concert was also one of his best. Now that aging thing....OUCH!