Author Topic: Are you frugal or wasteful  (Read 8584 times)

Uncle Junior

Re: Are you frugal or wasteful
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2014, 05:49:51 AM »
Same underpants as well, why is that?
Surely you could afford something better than those 50p boxers.

I think my boxers were around £6 for pair of 3, and I am being dead honest with you here, I thought it was a good deal.  ;)

My trainers have sentimental value to me and I am highly OCD & superstitious fella. I MUST wear certain shirts etc when I am playing poker etc.

Like I have many pairs of sunglasses but I ALWAYS wear the same Ray Ban ones you see, cos those were the ones I won my first tournament in.

I'm just a weird kid.  ;)

Simple Simon

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2014, 06:01:07 AM »
While you are in an honest mood , why do you never wear trousers in the house?

Uncle Junior

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014, 06:09:02 AM »
While you are in an honest mood , why do you never wear trousers in the house?

Never thought of it really, I mean I'll wear jogger bottoms inside if it's winter or cold but generally i'll be in my boxers, just feels more comfortable I guess.

Simple Simon

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2014, 06:25:25 AM »

Never thought of it really, I mean I'll wear jogger bottoms inside if it's winter or cold but generally i'll be in my boxers, just feels more comfortable I guess.

I take no one ever knocks on your door?

Fakechestguy

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2014, 06:29:44 AM »
As you may know I was a multi-millionaire in the early 2000's, I spent a wad of cash, needed the newest and fittest suits, it catches up with you, nothing wrong with being frugal, 40 pound jeans do the same thing that the 190 pound jeans do.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2014, 06:33:42 AM »
translated it for you

Thank you.

I'm in the middle then.  Frugal at times, wasteful others, especially when it comes to food.  I spend too much.  Probably could go on about this topic for hours, but no time right now.

Y

Uncle Junior

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2014, 06:40:13 AM »
I take no one ever knocks on your door?

No really mate unless I am ordering a Pizza or getting a parcel or something, and if I do they'll buzz on the video entry and I'll see who it is, put on something and go downstairs and collect....I see Sev's not logged in and your getting bored. Lol  :D

Simple Simon

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2014, 06:53:45 AM »

No really mate unless I am ordering a Pizza or getting a parcel or something, and if I do they'll buzz on the video entry and I'll see who it is, put on something and go downstairs and collect....I see Sev's not logged in and your getting bored. Lol  :D

Na, just serious questions that I have pondered over.
No personal attacks at all.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2014, 07:12:47 AM »
Na, just serious questions that I have pondered over.
No personal attacks at all.

No worries at all mate, i'll be as honest and open as I can.
To be honest when I came back on here I wanted to send you a pm to apologize for any offense I may have caused you in the past or said anything which I didn't mean when I was melting down, so I might as well take this opportunity here to tell you that I never had anything against you in the first place and genuinely wish you nothing but the best in life.
Regards
M

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2014, 07:18:45 AM »
Very frugal, I think its a problem I inherited from my dad added to the favt that I spent 8 years self employed and would always worry about work drying up.
Even now with a decent job where I know im actually getting a wage every month I still cant shake the feeling of needing to save every penny.
I even used up gear I knew fine well was fake just because id payed for it ::)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2014, 07:19:10 AM »
No worries at all mate, i'll be as honest and open as I can.
To be honest when I came back on here I wanted to send you a pm to apologize for any offense I may have caused you in the past or said anything which I didn't mean when I was melting down, so I might as well take this opportunity here to tell you that I never had anything against you in the first place and genuinely wish you nothing but the best in life.
Regards
M

S

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2014, 02:36:33 PM »
I am definitely not frugal but I try to get the best price where possible. For instance I use jan marini skincare and I purchase it online from America. I can get five products for $200 AU and then postage will be $25 on top. In Australia I would be paying $550 and I wouldn't get my bioclear lotion as the government decided beauty therapists can't sell it as they banned alzelic acid. But I get it online. I do the same with my makeup... I get most online as I wear chanel so I can save quite a bit from strawberrynet. When it comes to food every week... I look at the brochures here and I get the best prices between Coles and woollies. Clothes wise... I again try to purchase things in sales. For bikinis I can't as the sizes sell fast and same with bras as I have to get my size when I see it since most don't do larger sizes in the sexy stuff.

Simple Simon

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2014, 02:37:36 PM »
I am definitely not frugal but I try to get the best price where possible. For instance I use jan marini skincare and I purchase it online from America. I can get five products for $200 AU and then postage will be $25 on top. In Australia I would be paying $550 and I wouldn't get my bioclear lotion as the government decided beauty therapists can't sell it as they banned alzelic acid. But I get it online. I do the same with my makeup... I get most online as I wear chanel so I can save quite a bit from strawberrynet. When it comes to food every week... I look at the brochures here and I get the best prices between Coles and woollies. Clothes wise... I again try to purchase things in sales. For bikinis I can't as the sizes sell fast and same with bras as I have to get my size when I see it since most don't do larger sizes in the sexy stuff.
tldnr

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2014, 02:56:24 PM »
I planned out at 24 that I wanted to have 2-3 rental houses and a decent business by the age of 30 so I could chill and be semi retired. At 27 I've got two houses (one with 60k mortgage and one with 85k) and started the business in January. I brought the 2nd house around the time I started the business as I got offered a great deal on it. But it needs some work on it so I've went from saving a few 1000 a month easy to ducking and diving with overdrafts. Will be like this for a year or two  :'(

Sometimes I don't think it is worth it being frugal to be honest. Pulling up in a micra next to someone in a fat merc or bimmer can be frustrating when you know you've probably got more or the same level of wealth as them  ;D. Also sometimes I think my youth is wasted being frugal. I will strop being tight at 30 though. I don't think I will buy another property as well, the return on the investment (500-600 a month here) isn't worth the hassle

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 04:19:25 PM »

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 04:10:27 AM »
I planned out at 24 that I wanted to have 2-3 rental houses and a decent business by the age of 30 so I could chill and be semi retired. At 27 I've got two houses (one with 60k mortgage and one with 85k) and started the business in January. I brought the 2nd house around the time I started the business as I got offered a great deal on it. But it needs some work on it so I've went from saving a few 1000 a month easy to ducking and diving with overdrafts. Will be like this for a year or two  :'(

Sometimes I don't think it is worth it being frugal to be honest. Pulling up in a micra next to someone in a fat merc or bimmer can be frustrating when you know you've probably got more or the same level of wealth as them  ;D. Also sometimes I think my youth is wasted being frugal. I will strop being tight at 30 though. I don't think I will buy another property as well, the return on the investment (500-600 a month here) isn't worth the hassle

That's my plan as well mate.

As soon as the Mrs is back to work (when my youngest is at school age) we will use the cash per month to get another house, and in a few years maybe another. Once I am on GP earnings I can look at increasing it.

Property is hit and miss if you are buying and selling, but if you can get yourself a few properties and get them furnished very nicely - you will ALWAYS get a rental income of up to a few K a month.

I would rather that at 60 years old, than a poxy private/work pension.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2014, 04:59:14 AM »
I tend to be frugal when it comes to frequency of purchases, not price itself. If I want something special, I will get the best I can most practically get. But when I have something good, I take forever to replace it. And yes, always replacement only, I detest owning two things for one purpose.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2014, 05:17:09 AM »
I tend to be frugal when it comes to frequency of purchases, not price itself. If I want something special, I will get the best I can most practically get. But when I have something good, I take forever to replace it. And yes, always replacement only, I detest owning two things for one purpose.

That's a good way of looking at it.

When it comes down to the little luxuries in life, coffee, whiskey, cheese etc etc I NEVER get a cheap version, it doesn't make sense to me?

When people come over my place they are amazed at my coffee machine, and the way they comment it's like i've stolen from the children of eithiopia to buy it lol - it's only a £400 machine. But I drink coffee every morning, I want it from beans, not grounds, or instant. I simply press a button and I get an espresso/americano/latte in 20 seconds - tastes better than a starbucks and it's paid for itself like 100 times over.

Same with Whiskey, every morning I wake up.......hahaha just kidding  ;D

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2014, 06:04:45 AM »
That's a good way of looking at it.

When it comes down to the little luxuries in life, coffee, whiskey, cheese etc etc I NEVER get a cheap version, it doesn't make sense to me?

When people come over my place they are amazed at my coffee machine, and the way they comment it's like i've stolen from the children of eithiopia to buy it lol - it's only a £400 machine. But I drink coffee every morning, I want it from beans, not grounds, or instant. I simply press a button and I get an espresso/americano/latte in 20 seconds - tastes better than a starbucks and it's paid for itself like 100 times over.

Same with Whiskey, every morning I wake up.......hahaha just kidding  ;D

Fully agreed on the whiskey. Which is why I'm so surprised to see posters here showing off their watches and cigars, yet drinking cheap-ass blended whiskey like Johnnie Walkers.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2014, 06:27:55 AM »
Agreed.  I was going to address the dubious whiskey preferences here once this whole UK thing settled a bit.
Y

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2014, 06:36:25 AM »
Fully agreed on the whiskey. Which is why I'm so surprised to see posters here showing off their watches and cigars, yet drinking cheap-ass blended whiskey like Johnnie Walkers.

I did wonder lol.

I am not well off by any stretch of the imagination, but my starting point for a scotch must be at least 12 years old, and start with the word Glen lol

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2014, 08:14:55 AM »
I did wonder lol.

I am not well off by any stretch of the imagination, but my starting point for a scotch must be at least 12 years old, and start with the word Glen lol

Port Ellen. Thank me after having tasted it.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2014, 08:24:05 AM »
Port Ellen. Thank me after having tasted it.

I'm on it Captain

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2014, 09:13:38 AM »
I am frugal.....the animals I feed are not. Including the tigress with my cubs. But I do not deny myself luxuries, I like quality stuff.

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2014, 09:58:11 AM »
neither. I'm a balanced spender...