Author Topic: Democrats are way more obsessed with impeachment than republicans - Nate Silver  (Read 1559 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Must be an election year.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/obama-impeachment-msnbc-fox-news/

House Speaker John Boehner said Tuesday that Republicans have no plans to impeach President Obama, and that all the impeachment talk was driven by Democrats hoping to stir up their base.

Boehner’s statement isn’t literally true: There have been mentions of impeachment around the edges of the GOP and by some Republican members of Congress. But on the whole, Democrats are spending a lot more time talking about impeachment than Republicans.

Consider, for example, the Sunlight Foundation’s Capitol Words database, which tracks words spoken in the House and Senate. So far in July, there have been 10 mentions of the term “impeachment” in Congress and four others of the term “impeach.” Eleven of the 14 mentions have been made by Democratic rather than Republican members of Congress, however.

Impeachment chatter has also become common on cable news. On Fox News this month, Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor, called for Obama’s impeachment, for instance. But for every mention of impeachment on Fox News in July, there have been five on liberal-leaning MSNBC.

This data comes from a Lexis-Nexis search of transcripts on each network. It counts each mention of the words “impeach” or “impeachment.” The terms were used 32 times in a single episode of MSNBC’s “The Ed Show” on Monday. (Ordinarily, I’d adjust for the overall volume of words spoken on each network, but I know from my previous research that MSNBC and Fox News have about the same number of words recorded in Lexis-Nexis.)

The scoreboard so far in July: Fox News has 95 mentions of impeachment, and MSNBC 448. That works out to about 2.7 mentions per hour of original programming on MSNBC, or once every 22 minutes. (This data is as of late Tuesday afternoon.)

MSNBC hasn’t become quite as obsessed with impeachment as CNN was with Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, but it may be getting there. Impeachment mentions on MSNBC increased sixfold from May to July. Overall, since Jan. 1, MSNBC has mentioned impeachment 905 times to Fox News’s 213.

Some of the impeachment discussion from Democratic politicians and liberal commentators has a kind of a Br’er Rabbit quality. “Only please, Br’er Republicans, don’t impeach President Obama!” they say. But Democrats know such a move would be highly unpopular with the public and might be one of the few things that would revive their long-shot chances of recapturing the House of Representatives in November. In the meantime, Democrats have raised a bundle of money — at least $2.1 million — through emails like these:

The Democrats’ strategy has a parallel in 2006. That year, Republicans tried to rally their base around purported Democratic threats to impeach President George W. Bush. Back then, Fox News was more likely to invoke the specter of impeachment, with 374 mentions of the term from Jan. 1 to July 29, 2006, compared with MSNBC’s 206.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
It's pretty obvious that the dems are struggling to find that mud that will stick to the reps for this years election. They have tried all their usual ones and they don't seem to have the sticking power they want.

They have used this to fundraise on but it is just like the war on women, illegal immigration, tax inversion bs.

They will be onto their next talking point next week.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
in case anyone here forgot...

The guilty party usually talks about the issue MORE In order to pre-emptively destroy it in the court of public opinion.

obama/msnbc were mocking the birth certificate issue way before FOX talked about it - they wanted to make the idea a conspiracy theory BEFORE people had a chance to look at the issue.  Some real Qs there.

Benghazi - MSNBC mocked the "right wing conspiracy theorists" immediately, because they wanted to sway the public first.  This happens a lot.  Obama's inaction there is a big deal.

With 9/11, there were some legit Qs - people buying put shares, knowing the stock of those 2 airlines would sink 2 days later - that kinda stuff was legit questions - not partisan at all, but other people that knew about attacks ahead of time, totally legit to look at - yet FOX went on to diss any Qs about 911 BEFORE the public heard about them.  That's a pretty big thing to just ignore, and it was never investigated.  I do'nt think anyone here is cool with that... someone knew there would be thousands of dead americans, and didn't call police, they bet on it instead.   Surely nobody on this board supports that!

Anytime you have a group working THIS HARD to mock an idea early, it's because they're scared shitless of it.  Dems ARE scared of impeachment, they are scared of the soccer moms seeing pics of those 4 heroes at Benghazi over and over in a trial pre-emtping "the View" or whatever crap the yuppies watch during the day.

Dems are scared of this.  Repubs don't know what they have here.  Embrace it!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
impeachment deserves to happen against this Kenyan criminal - but not going to happen wo 67 votes

in case anyone here forgot...

The guilty party usually talks about the issue MORE In order to pre-emptively destroy it in the court of public opinion.

obama/msnbc were mocking the birth certificate issue way before FOX talked about it - they wanted to make the idea a conspiracy theory BEFORE people had a chance to look at the issue.

Benghazi - MSNBC mocked the "right wing conspiracy theorists" immediately, because they wanted to sway the public first.  This happens a lot.

With 9/11, there were some legit Qs - people buying put shares, knowing the stock of those 2 airlines would sink 2 days later - that kinda stuff was legit questions - not partisan at all, but other people that knew about attacks ahead of time, totally legit to look at - yet FOX went on to diss any Qs about 911 BEFORE the public heard about them.

Anytime you have a group working THIS HARD to mock an idea early, it's because they're scared shitless of it.  Dems ARE scared of impeachment, they are scared of the soccer moms seeing pics of those 4 heroes at Benghazi over and over in a trial pre-emtping "the View" or whatever crap the yuppies watch during the day.

Dems are scared of this.  Repubs don't know what they have here.  Embrace it!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
impeachment deserves to happen against this Kenyan criminal - but not going to happen wo 67 votes

I think many of those dems would jump ship once the pics from benghazi were ruining breakfast for soccer moms in swing states.  ;)

that visceral thing with voters changes everything.  These dems will abandon obama in the last 2 years no matter what, just as respubs did to bush.

To say "I can't try because I might not win" woulnd't work in GORUCK - it shouldn't work in politics either.  Worst case, obama stays in office and everyone knows about his crimes.  Right now, the average 32 year old mom at starbucks doesn't know what fast & furious is.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I think many of those dems would jump ship once the pics from benghazi were ruining breakfast for soccer moms in swing states.  ;)

that visceral thing with voters changes everything.  These dems will abandon obama in the last 2 years no matter what, just as respubs did to bush.

To say "I can't try because I might not win" woulnd't work in GORUCK - it shouldn't work in politics either.  Worst case, obama stays in office and everyone knows about his crimes.  Right now, the average 32 year old mom at starbucks doesn't know what fast & furious is.

The GOP sucks and has no balls.  Does not take away from Obama being a criminal deserving to be jailed

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
The GOP sucks and has no balls.  Does not take away from Obama being a criminal deserving to be jailed

You fit right in that category.  No wonder you tow the party line so well.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Funny coming from the from the guy on T shots cause not even 30 yo already half a fag   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Funny coming from the from the guy on T shots cause not even 30 yo already half a fag  

Oh look.... gay talk again.  Clear sign of a MELTDOWN.  Not to mention the completely illiterate typing there.

The truth hurts so much you can't even think straight (pun) enough to form a basic sentence.  Your ovaries must be working overtime this morning huh?

Projecting false assumptions onto other people you don't even know
helps you with your BBC obsession?  Is that it?  Life is difficult
enough being a midget and living in the ghetto.  Rather than seeking meds
for the mental instability you have given yourself with your self loathing,
you instead attempt to feel better with projections.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Soul,

Do you agree with lurker that you toe the party line?  I think you didn't fall under their amnesty spell, by any means.

I think you got drawn into the "let's hold off on impeachemnt" talk when they gave that initial line of "it'll help in midterms", but then I think it sounds like you stepped back and realized a criminal like obama needs to be shown to moderate voters, and that'll hurt dems too.   And above all that - justice trumps political gain, or at least it should.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul,

Do you agree with lurker that you toe the party line?  I think you didn't fall under their amnesty spell, by any means.

I think you got drawn into the "let's hold off on impeachemnt" talk when they gave that initial line of "it'll help in midterms", but then I think it sounds like you stepped back and realized a criminal like obama needs to be shown to moderate voters, and that'll hurt dems too.   And above all that - justice trumps political gain, or at least it should.

I barely even read your posts TBH they are filled w such cray lately.  I call illegals invaders and locusts - and yet you think I am in fav of amnesty?  WTF you mad? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

Soul,

No.  He saw he final had an out for his YEARS and YEARS of whining and crying for impeachment when they made this statement.  Rather than suffer through the backlash of another LANDSLIDE type prediction that damn near broke his already fractured brain into a million pieces, he latched onto that excuse in order to save face.   You (meaning normal people, not the mentally ill) don't go from whining and crying about something every single day of your life to the opposite stance overnight.  

Nothing more than a mental form of deus ex machina.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No.  He saw he final had an out for his YEARS and YEARS of whining and crying for impeachment when they made this statement.  Rather than suffer through the backlash of another LANDSLIDE type prediction that damn near broke his already fractured brain into a million pieces, he latched onto that excuse in order to save face.   You (meaning normal people, not the mentally ill) don't go from whining and crying about something every single day of your life to the opposite stance overnight.  

Nothing more than a mental form of deus ex machina.  

The GOP lacks the balls to impeach him.  No use in going through w it when you know Boehner and crew will fold like a cheap camera at the sight of first blood.  Boehner is not Newt or Jesse Helms. 

Do I want to see Obama impeached and banned to Kenya for life - of course I do - but for now its just not gonna happen

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I barely even read your posts TBH they are filled w such cray lately.  I call illegals invaders and locusts - and yet you think I am in fav of amnesty?  WTF you mad? 

read again - I said you did NOT get sucked into the amnesty talk.  I said you were one of the few on the right that did NOT jump thru hoops when hannity demanded it, in Nov 2016 after the loss.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I think you did NOT fall under their amnesty spell, by any means.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Its sort of like the Godfather when Michael had to replace Tom Hagen when going to war w the old man as advisor because Hagen didn't have the stomach for a bloody mafia war.

Same w Boehner and Crew.   They suck and are not going to do it   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
The GOP lacks the balls to impeach him.  No use in going through w it when you know Boehner and crew will fold like a cheap camera at the sight of first blood.  Boehner is not Newt or Jesse Helms. 

Do I want to see Obama impeached and banned to Kenya for life - of course I do - but for now its just not gonna happen

Serious question - if this is how you really feel then WHY did you spend all that time making all those posts about impeachment for YEARS when other people on here told you the exact same thing?  That it wasn't going to happen.  Seriously, why continue whining about something that just isn't going to come true?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem

He knows, hes not a dumb guy..he just loves stirring up shit.