Author Topic: Liberal Joe Klein - Obama is begging to be IMPEACHED  (Read 1064 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Liberal Joe Klein - Obama is begging to be IMPEACHED
« on: July 31, 2014, 06:15:06 AM »
http://time.com/3059398/obama-impeachment

Fantasies Come True
 

Outer Space Is the Best Place to Be For Young Actresses
 

 

Begging for Impeachment

Netanyahu: Gaza Fight Will Continue Until Tunnels Are Destroyed

Sierra Leone Declares Health Emergency Amid Ebola Outbreak

House Grants Boehner Authority to Sue Obama

Exclusive: Attorney General Eric Holder to Oppose Data-Driven Sentencing

The Rise of Suburban Poverty in America

Content From LVCVA 
Hot Rods in Vegas

Target Announces New CEO To Lead Recovery After Data Breach

E-Cig Benefits Outweigh Their Harms, New Research Says

House Approves VA Health Care Overhaul

Former Detroit Tiger Charged with Sexual Assault of Michigan Woman

Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar: Watch the New Trailer

Report: Cost of HealthCare.Gov Approaching $1 Billion

HBO Slated to Run 6-Hour David Simon Miniseries

REVIEW: The Honorable Woman

6 Major Myths About Hydration Myths

Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds 2011 Union Law

Content From LVCVA 
Vegas Eye Candy

Are You Man Enough? The Truth About Low Testosterone

The U.S. Has Deported More Than 30,000 Guatemalans This Year Alone

This Month’s Most Suprising Photos
 

Morning Must Reads: July 31

Target Names Pepsi’s Cornell as Chairman, CEO

Eric Cantor and John Boehner: The Bromance Is Over
 

Outer Space Is the Best Place to Be For Young Actresses

Politics

Begging for Impeachment

Joe Klein @JoeKleinTIME
  July 30, 2014
      

Barack Obama

President Barack Obama pauses, as he announces new economic sanctions against key sectors of the Russian economy in the latest move by the U.S. to force Russian President Vladimir Putin to end his support for Ukrainian rebels, on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington on July 29, 2014.

Manuel Balce Ceneta—AP

To improve its standing with voters, the White House tries to drum up some trouble for itself

At 10:02 on Friday evening, July 25, I received the following personal message from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee: “THE IMPEACHMENT OF PRESIDENT OBAMA IS NOW A REAL POSSIBILITY.” The capital letters were in red. This was a blast email, of course, sent to everyone on the Democratic Party’s fundraising list, and also to political journalists. It referred to some very calculated remarks that White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer had made earlier that day about impeachment: “I think Speaker Boehner, by going down the path of this lawsuit [against the President], has opened the door to Republicans possibly considering impeachment at some point in the future.”

More

Thursday's Top 6 News Stories NBC News

Targeting Tunnels: Israel Vows No Cease-Fire Until Network Is Destroyed NBC News

Security 'Black Hole': Libya Is on Brink of Collapse NBC News

Russell Brand Accuses Sean Hannity 'Of Looking Like Ken Doll' In Gaza Video Response Huffington Post

20 New And Improved Names For Boring, Everyday Stuff Huffington Post

This was the beginning of a half-crazed weekend begathon by the Democrats. The next afternoon: “Sorry to email you early on a Saturday—but we’re on full RED ALERT at Democratic Head-quarters…According to our records, you haven’t chipped in since Republicans authorized a vote to sue President Obama.” (Or ever chipped in, for that matter.) And Sunday: “MAJOR UPDATE: House Republicans held a closed-door meeting to discuss impeaching President Obama.” On Monday I received a cranky email from Obama himself: “Joe Biden has emailed you. Michelle has emailed you. And now I’ve emailed you. We wouldn’t all be asking if it wasn’t so important. Right now, Republicans in Congress are trying to sue me for simply doing my job.” Later that day, the DCCC re-sent me that email: “Did you see this? President Obama emailed you this morning.”

Popular Among Subscribers

Eat Butter Fat Time Magazine Cover

Ending the War on Fat

Subscribe

The End of Iraq

How Many People Watched Orange Is the New Black? No One Knows

Holy moley. There is cleverness to the onslaught, of course, a classic use of a political tactic known as jiu-jitsu: take your opponent’s feral vehemence and roll with it. No doubt, Pfeiffer is right. There is a chance that the Republicans will try to impeach the President, especially later in the summer, after he announces a major Executive Order that will affect a large number—millions, perhaps—of the illegal immigrants now in the country. There is speculation that it will be a further expansion of the legal status he conferred on children brought into the U.S. illegally by their parents; perhaps the parents will now be included. There is likely to be an explosion if he does this—the Central American refugee crisis on the U.S.-Mexico border has made immigration the hottest of domestic issues. It is also the most toxic issue for Republicans, who hope to win the presidency someday—and the Senate this November.

House Speaker Boehner has said there will be no impeachment. That’s why he instituted a rather silly lawsuit against the President over—yet again—Obamacare, which aides say could be expanded if Obama goes for broke on the border. Boehner is trying to placate the GOP base. But he also promised that there would be no government shutdown in 2013 and got trampled by his troops. The Speaker knows there’s nothing the Democrats would rather have than impeachment and immigration as the dominant issues in the fall campaign. He also knows there’s nothing Rush Limbaugh would rather have; indeed, it would be a ratings bonanza—the base would go berserk. And on the other end of the Republican evolutionary spectrum, a leading conservative thinker, Yuval Levin, has said the Executive Order that Obama is contemplating would be “the most extreme act of executive overreach ever attempted by an American President in peacetime.” There might be no stopping the primal fury unleashed by what the Republicans are calling “executive amnesty.”

So, this is smart strategy on the part of the Obama political operation, right? Well, grudgingly, yes. But it’s also cynical as hell. The White House is playing with fire, raising the heat in a country that is already brain-fried by partisan frenzy. There is something unseemly, and unprecedented, about an administration saying “Bring it on” when it comes to impeachment. Clinton’s White House certainly never did publicly, even though it was clear from polling that the spectacle would be a disaster for Republicans. Of course, President Clinton had done something immoral, if not impeachable, and Obama has not. Another impeachment ordeal would be terrible for the country.

Also terrible for the country, if all too common, is the DCCC’s impeachment begging—and the President’s constant fat-cat fundraising in a summer of trouble. What if he simply said, “I’m done with fundraising. This is an important election, but there’s just too much going on in the world right now”? His political folks would hate it, but I suspect it might be more effective, and presidential, than sending out tin-cup emails.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Liberal Joe Klein - Obama is begging to be IMPEACHED
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 06:56:40 AM »
"Impeachment HAHAHAHAHA" must be on suicide watch.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 07:41:54 AM »
"Impeachment HAHAHAHAHA" must be on suicide watch.

No.  But your delusions are.  Even they get tired of all the company they have while crammed inside that narrow cranium of yours.

Bigger question... if Obama is ASKING for impeachment, why aren't the Republicunts responding?  They can't pull his cock out of their mouths long enough to take action?   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 07:44:38 AM »
No.  But your delusions are.  Even they get tired of all the company they have while crammed inside that narrow cranium of yours.

Bigger question... if Obama is ASKING for impeachment, why aren't the Republicunts responding?  They can't pull his cock out of their mouths long enough to take action?   ::)

Because they don't want crybabybama to be a martyr going into the mid terms etc - best to face reality for now and take over the senate and let failure in chief just go about screaming on the tv every day why he cant get anything done

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 07:46:10 AM »
Because they don't want crybabybama to be a martyr going into the mid terms etc - best to face reality for now and take over the senate and let failure in chief just go about screaming on the tv every day why he cant get anything done

Most people would think that a party that had their leader impeached would actually SUFFER during the next elections.

Key word = Most people.  That line of reasoning doesn't apply to mentally ill retards. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 07:54:22 AM »
Most people would think that a party that had their leader impeached would actually SUFFER during the next elections.

Key word = Most people.  That line of reasoning doesn't apply to mentally ill retards. 

Obama is begging to be impeached because he knows thelawsuit will probably be successful and he is still languishing in a failed presidency and this is his only way to scare his base of dolts to vote for demos in the mid terms

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 07:56:37 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA if that thinking isn't a clear and precise sign of mental illness then I don't know what is.

Make sure you show this thread to your therapist so they can really understand how your diseased little brain works. 

I am beginning to think that forced medication wouldn't work too well for you.  So the only other option under Obamacare would be the death panel.  Hopefully you can turn things around before it reaches that point.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 07:57:35 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA if that thinking isn't a clear and precise sign of mental illness then I don't know what is.

Make sure you show this thread to your therapist so they can really understand how your diseased little brain works. 

I am beginning to think that forced medication wouldn't work too well for you.  So the only other option under Obamacare would be the death panel.  Hopefully you can turn things around before it reaches that point.

Go talk to Joe Klein - apparently he feels the same way

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 08:06:49 AM »
Go talk to Joe Klein - apparently he feels the same way

SC, Joke can't really be called a lib for years now.  Check out some of the wacky shit he said in support of Dubya.

BTW, this doesn't necessarily invalidate what he (and you) are saying  -- I take no position on that because I haven't read enough about it. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 08:43:53 AM »
Because they don't want crybabybama to be a martyr going into the mid terms etc

obama let 4 brave americans fight for hours, to the death, against terrorists.

he let them die.  There will be no pity for obama when americans see the battle sequence and pics of the dead heroes.

The only people that will consider obama a "martyr" are the far-left dems that vote him anyway.   And the "we raised a million bucks in a day on amnesty!" - the source is the DEMS trying to scare repubs into not impeaching. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »
obama let 4 brave americans fight for hours, to the death, against terrorists.

he let them die.  There will be no pity for obama when americans see the battle sequence and pics of the dead heroes.

The only people that will consider obama a "martyr" are the far-left dems that vote him anyway.   And the "we raised a million bucks in a day on amnesty!" - the source is the DEMS trying to scare repubs into not impeaching. 

Your posts are like a brick of reality to the face for these people who continue to try to make excuses.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 08:53:20 AM »
Your posts are like a brick of reality to the face for these people who continue to try to make excuses.

hey, i'm full of shit and wrong plenty of the time :)  LOL

But in this case, I really think the repubs never expected the public to get behind them on impeachment.

And I do think there's some sort of gentleman's agreement that "you don't bounce bush, we don't bounce obama" which will continue.

Now that public is behind it, dems aren't objecting to it - why not do a nice little inquiry to see if Obama broke any laws and committed any impeachable offenses?  Anyone that thinks seeing 4 bodies in benghazi will "help" dems is crazy.