Author Topic: PIP 'Murica  (Read 3409 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
PIP 'Murica
« on: July 31, 2014, 09:21:12 PM »
http://time.com/3067816/emory-university-ebola-patient-isolation-unit/

Two Americans are fighting the virus in Liberia

A nurse from Liberia sprays preventives to disinfect the waiting area for visitors at the ELWA Hospital where a US doctor Kent Bradley is being quarantined in the hospitals isolation unit having contracted the Ebola virus, Monrovia, Liberia, 28 July 2014.

Emory University Hospital in Atlanta announced Thursday that it expects to receive a patient with the Ebola disease within the “next several days.”

Two Americans, Nancy Writebol and Dr. Kent Brantly, contracted the infection in Liberia. The hospital does not yet know whether the patient is one of these two Americans or when he or she will arrive.

“Emory University Hospital has a specially built isolation unit set up in collaboration with the CDC [the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] to treat patients who are exposed to certain serious infectious diseases,” the hospital said in the statement. “It is physically separate from other patient areas and has unique equipment and infrastructure that provide an extraordinarily high level of clinical isolation. It is one of only four such facilities in the country.”

The Ebola virus can spread through bodily fluids, putting health care workers treating patients at risk. The doctors and nurses who work with the patient will wear full-body protective suits.

Meanwhile American health officials have advised against nonessential travel to Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone, where the disease has taken 729 lives this year. Up until now, the CDC has only advised travelers to take precautions when traveling in West Africa. This is the first time the CDC has issued a high-level warning since the SARS outbreak in Asia in 2003. The warning is meant both to protect U.S. citizens and help overwhelmed hospitals and clinics in West Africa.

“It is frankly a dreadful and merciless virus. The current outbreak is bad. It’s the biggest, most complex and the first time it’s been present in this region of the world which means that response systems and community understanding of the disease is not what it is elsewhere,” CDC director Dr. Thomas Frieden said during a call with the press on Thursday.

However, Frieden says that he does not think Ebola can spread in the U.S. “That’s not in the cards,” he told reporters.

In terms of evacuating the Americans who are infected, Frieden said that any organization looking to airlift the infected would have to exercise caution. “We do not have effective treatment or vaccine for Ebola. There is no proven treatment. There is no proven vaccine. There is not likely to be one for at least a year, even in the best case scenario,” he said.

“There is the potential that the actual movement of the patient could do more harm than the benefit from more advanced supportive care outside of the country.”

Emory University Hospital says it is well-equipped to handle any patients it does receive. “Emory University Hospital physicians, nurses and staff are highly trained in the specific and unique protocols and procedures necessary to treat and care for this type of patient,” the statement says. “For this specially trained staff, these procedures are practiced on a regular basis throughout the year so we are fully prepared for this type of situation.”

Some have recovered from Ebola, but the mortality rate for people infected ranges from 50% to 90%. Experts estimate that about 60% of the people infected with the virus during this particular outbreak have died.

X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: PIP 'Murica
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:23:21 PM »
Keep the boarders open. This tool (Obama)is turning this country into third world.....like his native Kenya.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 09:24:40 PM »
Keep the boarders open. This tool (Obama)is turning this country into third world.....like his native Kenya.

What do the borders have to do with anything?

The patients are being flown in from Liberia. I didn't know Liberians could just sort of stroll on over to America.

Good attempt at trolling.
X

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 09:27:47 PM »
Fuck those statistics.

We got 8 of the 9 current Cage Fighting champions residing here in the ole U.S. of A and that is really all I damn care about.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 09:28:12 PM »
What do the borders have to do with anything?

The ebola virus is in West Africa and the patient is being flown in from Liberia.

Good attempt at trolling.

You can't be serious? This fuckwit is letting everyone in, you don't think that someone from somewhere is going to bring something over? Seriously?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 09:30:14 PM »
You can't be serious? This fuckwit is letting everyone in, you don't think that someone from somewhere is going to being something over? Seriously?

By the way genius, the two people who are being transported from Liberia to America for treatment are WHITE AMERICANS!!! You cannot help but own yourself lol. I bet you thought they were two natives of Liberia and we were "letting them in." I love watching you own yourself  :D :D  I thought you loved America and their people. Should we let these Americans suffer over there? Aren't they Americans and deserve to be treated in America?

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 09:39:21 PM »
Fuck those statistics.

We got 8 of the 9 current Cage Fighting champions residing here in the ole U.S. of A and that is really all I damn care about.

Those cage fighting beasts could destroy the ebola with epic roundhouse kicks.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 09:39:40 PM »
By the way genius, the two people who are being transported from Liberia to America for treatment are WHITE AMERICANS!!! You cannot help but own yourself lol. I bet you thought they were two natives of Liberia and we were "letting them in." I love watching you own yourself  :D :D  I thought you loved America and their people. Should we let these Americans suffer over there? Aren't they Americans and deserve to be treated in America?

God dammit you're missing the fuckkng point. Aaahhhhhhhh

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 09:41:28 PM »
What the fuck is the difference whether they're white or not. They were in another country.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 09:42:42 PM »
God dammit you're missing the fuckkng point. Aaahhhhhhhh

No. I am not.

I 100% understand your point. However, the point of the article and my posting is that they are transferring TWO WHITE AMERICANS back here for treatment. Does not matter who is being transported back. Its still dangerous. I did not post this to make it about borders, since the article has nothing to do with borders.
X

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 09:42:50 PM »
Those cage fighting beasts could destroy the ebola with epic roundhouse kicks.

Finish it off with some brutal ground and pound just to drive the point home.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 09:43:56 PM »
What the fuck is the difference whether they're white or not. They were in another country.

Again, you thought they were native people of Liberia who were being transported, that is why you were mad and started to scream about borders.

Now youre trying to cover your ass by saying, "Who cares if they are white or not." Nice back peddling.

Why should they close the border on two American citizens? They are legally American citizens. I thought you only had a problem with illegal people here. Which one is it? Stop flip flopping.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 09:45:51 PM »
I give up. For the life of me I can't understand how liberals make it through life. *sigh*

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 09:47:39 PM »
Coach not reading the article yet responding to the thread as usual.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 09:48:59 PM »
I give up. For the life of me I can't understand how liberals make it through life. *sigh*

Im not a liberal. I dont consider myself affiliated with any party.

Second, now youre avoiding the topic because you're wrong.

You were initially mad because you thought two natives of liberia were being transported, not Americans. You got all mad and started to scream about borders, assuming they are letting in two illegal people from Liberia. Then when you found out they were Americans, you looked like a jackass and had to back-peddle. Then you said, "It does not matter if they are white or not." Then I pose the question of them being American citizens. I didn't know you were against helping medically ill American citizens. Is that the American thing to do? Then you rely on a personal attack because you're being backed into a corner. You will then call me a liberal and say how stupid I am. You will walk away feeling as if you won.

If this makes you feel better, hey, be my guest :)
X

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 10:20:15 PM »
(no coach)  ;D

Homeland Security Report Confirms Diseases Spreading at Border Facilities
by Kerry Picket 31 Jul 2014, 4:38 PM PDT 260 post a comment

The Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General released a memo on Thursday confirming the problem of communicable diseases that are being spread throughout detention centers.

Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/31/DHS-IG-Reports-Communicable-Diseases-at-Unsanitary-Border-Facilities http://www.oig.dhs.gov/assets/Mgmt/2014/Over_Un_Ali_Chil.pdf

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 10:33:37 PM »
Typical Anti-American troll attempt from getbigs resident troll look alike. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 10:36:31 PM »
Typical Anti-American troll attempt from getbigs resident troll look alike. ::)

Who is the Anti-American?

I am advocating for bring them back to America for treatment. Coach is the one who wants to leave them in Liberia.  :-\ :-\

Before you judge anyone on looks, you really need to take a very close inspection in the mirror.  :-* :-*
X

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 10:57:11 PM »

lol @ this dude - oh brother ::)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »
lol @ this dude - oh brother ::)

Don't worry, broskie. He was backed into a corner so he relied on a personal attack instead of continuing to debate.  :D :D He often does this.
X

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 02:10:37 AM »
Why would we even risk bringing them back? They knew the danger of doing a job like that.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 02:34:10 AM »
Why would we even risk bringing them back? They knew the danger of doing a job like that.

Yes helping others in need and then get fucked by your own people?. Nice, very nice  ::) l

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 02:48:53 AM »
You can't be serious? This fuckwit is letting everyone in, you don't think that someone from somewhere is going to bring something over? Seriously?

Stop the drama, work on your argumentation. This is as important as working on the core muscles.
Thank you and good luck.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 02:54:24 AM »
Yes helping others in need and then get fucked by your own people?. Nice, very nice  ::) l
So you would risk bringing the disease to the US?

The same disease that the CDC is praying doesnt spread?

Im sure they have adequate care over there.

I heard they are both in critical condition anyway.

Not worth the potential risk.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 04:30:41 AM »
It will not spread contagiously in the first world. We have educated people, biohazard suits (rather than duct taping scrubs and gloves) and better tracking of individuals.

Liberians believe that Ebola is a rumour spread by the US and continue eating chimps, have shit health care and porous borders.