Author Topic: Global warming myth is dead: More cold temperatures, no hurricanes  (Read 23336 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Global warming myth is dead: More cold temperatures, no hurricanes
« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2014, 02:39:22 PM »
What I know about Global Warming you can fit in your thong. So I have to rely on people who spend their lives studying it. But at the end of the day, I have perhaps 40 good years left on this earth, so it's hardly worth getting worked up about either way to me

That's probably 20 or 10 more years than I have. If there is something worth getting worked up about, meaning something where I can actually make a difference, I'll do it. I'll do it because I have four grandchildren who, hopefully, have long lives ahead of them which might include some great-grandchildren.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2014, 02:40:47 PM »
That's probably 20 or 10 more years than I have. If there is something worth getting worked up about, meaning something where I can actually make a difference, I'll do it. I'll do it because I have four grandchildren who, hopefully, have long lives ahead of them which might include some great-grandchildren.

I thought ahead... no grandchildren.. just couldn't do that to them..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2014, 02:41:59 PM »

Do what to them?  Again - us actually living is not harming them whatsoever.  If you are so afraid of it - kill yourself and spare them the agony of your present existence harming them decades from now,.   ;)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: September 23, 2014, 02:42:53 PM »
Do what to them?  Again - us actually living is not harming them whatsoever.  If you are so afraid of it - kill yourself and spare them the agony of your present existence harming them decades from now,.   ;)

I'm eco friendly...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #229 on: September 23, 2014, 02:52:43 PM »

Awesome.  Congrats.   :)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2014, 02:55:19 PM »

You got snipped? :o

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2014, 03:04:27 PM »
No that hurts.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2014, 03:14:11 PM »

I assume you mean no children which would insure no grandchildren. Having children is many things. First off it is a choice. Second, it is a big responsibility. It can be a blessing. It often is rewarding and when you get to be my age, if they're good people like mine are, it is very comforting.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2014, 03:15:57 PM »
I assume you mean no children which would insure no grandchildren. Having children is many things. First off it is a choice. Second, it is a big responsibility. It can be a blessing. It often is rewarding and when you get to be my age, if they're good people like mine are, it is very comforting.

Words of wisdom...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: September 23, 2014, 05:31:12 PM »
Necrosis, from a secular scientific point of view, if humanity is meant to go extinct just like the many species that already have, why fight it?  It inevitable, right?  If not climate change, it will be an asteroid or a virus.

Humanity isn't meant to do anything, you are the one who thinks there is meaning behind all this, not me.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #235 on: September 24, 2014, 05:42:48 AM »
Humanity isn't meant to do anything, you are the one who thinks there is meaning behind all this, not me.

Why in the world are you and avxo so hung up on my use of the word "meant"?  Is the rest of my question invalid?

Allow me to rephrase my question:

From a secular, scientific point of view, if humanity is just as likely to go extinct as the majority of species that ever existed and have already gone extinct, why fight it?  The earth has been around for billions of years, while humans have only been around for a couple of hundred thousand years, right?  Human extinction is inevitable, right?  If not climate change, it will be an asteroid or a virus.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #236 on: September 24, 2014, 05:48:28 AM »
You must not understand, it won't make a difference if the directives do not come from the top down. Leo driving a fucking hybrid (he does) won't make one ioata of difference as he elucidated, there has to be internal change and new infrastructure.

Shouldn't they be the ones setting the example, of all people?  They should be more like George W. Bush with his  eco-friendly ranch:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: September 24, 2014, 05:52:16 AM »
Why in the world are you and avxo so hung up on my use of the word "meant"?  Is the rest of my question invalid?

Allow me to rephrase my question:

From a secular, scientific point of view, if humanity is just as likely to go extinct as the majority of species that ever existed and have already gone extinct, why fight it?  It inevitable, right?  If not climate change, it will be an asteroid or a virus.

I didn't see any of avxo's post on the topic but meant is a big word. Also, you are making the assumption that we are just as likely to go extinct, which is absolutely false, we have removed ourselves from natural selection and have actually kept sick individuals alive and well unlike the animal kingdom. I also don't agree it's inevitable, we can and will colonize mars and then other planets. I envision humanity as intergalatic travellers if we make it that far.

Put another way, you are going to die for sure, it's certainly invevitable currently, why don't you just kill yourself now?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #238 on: September 24, 2014, 06:00:43 AM »
I didn't see any of avxo's post on the topic but meant is a big word. Also, you are making the assumption that we are just as likely to go extinct, which is absolutely false, we have removed ourselves from natural selection and have actually kept sick individuals alive and well unlike the animal kingdom. I also don't agree it's inevitable, we can and will colonize mars and then other planets. I envision humanity as intergalatic travellers if we make it that far.

Put another way, you are going to die for sure, it's certainly invevitable currently, why don't you just kill yourself now?

You disagree that a virus or an asteroid could wipe out humanity before all those dreams come true?

I don't understand your question about why not kill myself.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #239 on: September 24, 2014, 08:09:39 AM »
You disagree that a virus or an asteroid could wipe out humanity before all those dreams come true?

Necrosis is a buffoon. He/she/it even compares Earth to Mars and proceeds to make ridiculous assumptions due to his/her/its lack of facts, logic and common sense.

His/her/its questions make even less sense. He/her/it has to be on medications, if not, he/her/it needs to be.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #240 on: September 24, 2014, 08:27:41 AM »
http://www.latimes.com/science/la-sci-pacific-warming-20140923-story.html

West Coast warming linked to naturally occurring changes

Naturally occurring changes in winds, not human-caused climate change, are responsible for most of the warming on land and in the sea along the West Coast of North America over the last century, a study has found.

The analysis challenges assumptions that the buildup of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere has been a significant driver of the increase in temperatures observed over many decades in the ocean and along the coastline from Alaska to California.

Changes in ocean circulation as a result of weaker winds were the main cause of about 1 degree Fahrenheit of warming in the northeast Pacific Ocean and nearby coastal land between 1900 and 2012, according to the analysis of ocean and air temperatures over that time. The study, conducted by researchers from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the University of Washington, was published Monday by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Natural, wind-driven climate patterns in the Pacific Ocean, such as El Niño and the Pacific Decadal Oscillation, are already known to exert a powerful influence on sea and land temperatures over years and even decades.

This latest research shows that similar changes in atmospheric and ocean circulation can drive trends that last a century or longer, overshadowing the effects of human-generated increase in greenhouse gases, the study's authors said.

"Changing winds appear to explain a very large fraction of the warming from year to year, decade to decade and the long-term," said study leader James Johnstone, an independent climatologist who did most of the work when he was at the University of Washington's Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean.

When coastal wind speeds weaken, they result in less evaporation from the sea surface and unusually low pressure that alters ocean currents and causes temperatures to rise over time.

The study found that weakening winds accounted for more than 80% of the warming trend along the Pacific Northwest coast between Washington and Northern California. In Southern California, weaker winds were responsible for about 60% of the increased warming.

If global warming had been the most powerful influence on land and sea temperatures, those temperatures would have been different, the study's authors said. Most of the warming in the region occurred before 1940, when greenhouse gas concentrations were lower and winds were weaker, the study found. In contrast, winds have strengthened since 1980 and coastal ocean cooled, even as the rise in greenhouse gases has accelerated.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: September 24, 2014, 08:37:34 AM »

I do not disagree, we could never be hit by a asteroid for all I know, so it's pure speculation, a virus perhaps, I highly doubt it would have a 100% mortality rate particularly with the advances we are seeing in medicine.

The question about killing yourself was in juxtaposition with your statement "From a secular, scientific point of view, if humanity is just as likely to go extinct as the majority of species that ever existed and have already gone extinct, why fight it?  It inevitable, right?  If not climate change, it will be an asteroid or a virus."

Why fight it? why not kill yourself now? it meets all the criteria you are placing on humanity. Your death is the only certainty, humanity could live on forever.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: September 24, 2014, 08:53:58 AM »
Necrosis is a buffoon. He/she/it even compares Earth to Mars and proceeds to make ridiculous assumptions due to his/her/its lack of facts, logic and common sense.

His/her/its questions make even less sense. He/her/it has to be on medications, if not, he/her/it needs to be.

This coming from a man who has been caught posting lies and supporting known frauds. No one cares what you think, you are ignored.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #243 on: September 24, 2014, 08:58:24 AM »
I do not disagree, we could never be hit by a asteroid for all I know, so it's pure speculation, a virus perhaps, I highly doubt it would have a 100% mortality rate particularly with the advances we are seeing in medicine.

The question about killing yourself was in juxtaposition with your statement "From a secular, scientific point of view, if humanity is just as likely to go extinct as the majority of species that ever existed and have already gone extinct, why fight it?  It inevitable, right?  If not climate change, it will be an asteroid or a virus."

Why fight it? why not kill yourself now? it meets all the criteria you are placing on humanity. Your death is the only certainty, humanity could live on forever.

I asked "Why fight it?" I did not ask "why not nuke and destroy the planet already."  So your question about why not kill myself does not apply.  I won't kill myself because I love life and I am surrounded by people I love who love me too.

Anyway, by telling me your opinion and hopes for the future of humanity, you answered my question "why fight it?"  Fair enough!

September 7, 2014
"Sometimes, though, space rocks sneak by the scientists and amateur astronomers who track them. On February 15, 2013, a nearly 60-foot-wide meteor plunged into Earth's atmosphere and exploded over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk with the force of about 30 nuclear bombs. The blast injured about 1,500 people."
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/07/tech/innovation/asteroid-flying-close-to-earth/

9/23/2014
"The longer the Ebola outbreak rages, the more likely it is that the disease will mutate into an even more dangerous form. Scott Gottlieb, who served as a top FDA official under President George W. Bush, believes that at least several cases of Ebola will come to America, and has warned that there’s even a chance that the disease could go airborne."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2014/09/23/ebola-epidemic-could-top-1-4-million-cases-in-africa-but-is-ebola-coming-to-america/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #244 on: September 24, 2014, 09:01:31 AM »
If all of the libs who are climate cultists committed suicide - we can start to heal the plan et

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2014, 09:19:03 AM »
I asked "Why fight it?" I did not ask "why not nuke and destroy the planet already."  So your question about why not kill myself does not apply.  I won't kill myself because I love life and I am surrounded by people I love who love me too.

Anyway, by telling me your opinion and hopes for the future of humanity, you answered my question "why fight it?"  Fair enough!

September 7, 2014
"Sometimes, though, space rocks sneak by the scientists and amateur astronomers who track them. On February 15, 2013, a nearly 60-foot-wide meteor plunged into Earth's atmosphere and exploded over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk with the force of about 30 nuclear bombs. The blast injured about 1,500 people."
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/07/tech/innovation/asteroid-flying-close-to-earth/

9/23/2014
"The longer the Ebola outbreak rages, the more likely it is that the disease will mutate into an even more dangerous form. Scott Gottlieb, who served as a top FDA official under President George W. Bush, believes that at least several cases of Ebola will come to America, and has warned that there’s even a chance that the disease could go airborne."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2014/09/23/ebola-epidemic-could-top-1-4-million-cases-in-africa-but-is-ebola-coming-to-america/

why feed yourself? why fight it? dying that is? it's a silly notion that one should not attempt to avoid his demise. The whole premise is absurd. I control my life, not fate, not god, no one but me so I would certainly avoid dying as it's undesirable. I am not sure how one could answer this question. it's a loaded question that doesn't make sense.

The disease could go airborne, however, had you done further digging you would see the death rate of the current pandemic is roughly 55% as opposed to the 90%, it won't wipe us, there will be people who are immune to it as well.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2014, 09:20:46 AM »
http://www.latimes.com/science/la-sci-pacific-warming-20140923-story.html

West Coast warming linked to naturally occurring changes

Naturally occurring changes in winds, not human-caused climate change, are responsible for most of the warming on land and in the sea along the West Coast of North America over the last century, a study has found.

The analysis challenges assumptions that the buildup of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere has been a significant driver of the increase in temperatures observed over many decades in the ocean and along the coastline from Alaska to California.

Changes in ocean circulation as a result of weaker winds were the main cause of about 1 degree Fahrenheit of warming in the northeast Pacific Ocean and nearby coastal land between 1900 and 2012, according to the analysis of ocean and air temperatures over that time. The study, conducted by researchers from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the University of Washington, was published Monday by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Natural, wind-driven climate patterns in the Pacific Ocean, such as El Niño and the Pacific Decadal Oscillation, are already known to exert a powerful influence on sea and land temperatures over years and even decades.

This latest research shows that similar changes in atmospheric and ocean circulation can drive trends that last a century or longer, overshadowing the effects of human-generated increase in greenhouse gases, the study's authors said.

"Changing winds appear to explain a very large fraction of the warming from year to year, decade to decade and the long-term," said study leader James Johnstone, an independent climatologist who did most of the work when he was at the University of Washington's Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean.

When coastal wind speeds weaken, they result in less evaporation from the sea surface and unusually low pressure that alters ocean currents and causes temperatures to rise over time.

The study found that weakening winds accounted for more than 80% of the warming trend along the Pacific Northwest coast between Washington and Northern California. In Southern California, weaker winds were responsible for about 60% of the increased warming.

If global warming had been the most powerful influence on land and sea temperatures, those temperatures would have been different, the study's authors said. Most of the warming in the region occurred before 1940, when greenhouse gas concentrations were lower and winds were weaker, the study found. In contrast, winds have strengthened since 1980 and coastal ocean cooled, even as the rise in greenhouse gases has accelerated.

The fact that you think the pacific northwest between washington and cali is the world, or globe is hilarious. This is one of the variables we account for, el nino/nina it can wreck havoc like the polar vortex, again in the very article the people state it has no bearing on GLOBAL WARMING moron, the article contradicts your assertion. Nice try though. Anymore bullshit you can dig up?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2014, 11:10:09 AM »
why feed yourself? why fight it? dying that is? it's a silly notion that one should not attempt to avoid his demise. The whole premise is absurd. I control my life, not fate, not god, no one but me so I would certainly avoid dying as it's undesirable. I am not sure how one could answer this question. it's a loaded question that doesn't make sense.

The disease could go airborne, however, had you done further digging you would see the death rate of the current pandemic is roughly 55% as opposed to the 90%, it won't wipe us, there will be people who are immune to it as well.

Does the earth need to be fed?  Your analogy still doesn't apply.  What is it with you lately and killing?  You wanna kill people who disagree with you(comment you made about Man of Steel), you want people who disagree with you about the climate to kill themselves?  I don't get it.

The question "why fight it" was assuming you agreed with the secular scientific point of view that humans are very likely to go extinct just as most species already have.  You said you don't agree with that, and neither do I.  But that was the reason for my question.

The current Ebola outbreak is only an example.  If not airborne Ebola, it could be another virus in the near future we haven't even heard of yet.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: September 24, 2014, 11:19:03 AM »
Does the earth need to be fed?  Your analogy still doesn't apply.  What is it with you lately and killing?  You wanna kill people who disagrees with you(comment you made about Man of Steel), you want people who disagree with you about the climate to kill themselves?  I don't get it.

The question "why fight it" was assuming you agreed with the secular scientific point of view that humans are very likely to go extinct just as most species already have.  You said you don't agree with that, and neither do I.  But that was the reason for my question.

The current Ebola outbreak is only an example.  If not airborne Ebola, it could be another virus in the near future we haven't even heard of yet.

Huh? what secular viewpoint are you expousing, it's not mine so I am not sure why you want me to defend this ludicris position. We are not as likely to go extinct, I have already said that, your premise is false.It's a perfect analogy, you are saying why should HUMAN's avoid extinction if it is likely, death is certainly likely, so as  HUMAN you could just go ahead and kill yourself. If you won't and think it's absurd then you know why I find your question absurd. You were talking about the planet causing us to go extinct, so your charge about the planet needing food etc is non sensical.

Why fight your inevitable death? why eat? why sustain yourself, you will die, this analogy is the one you are applying to our extinction and it's out to lunch. I can fathom a person holding this position to be honest.

The killing yourself thing was to highlight the ridiculousness of your position, why fight it? it is a perfect analogy. I also didn't say I want to kill anyone, where did I say that? I said kill yourself as an analogy, don't get emo on me.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #249 on: September 24, 2014, 11:36:42 AM »
Huh? what secular viewpoint are you expousing, it's not mine so I am not sure why you want me to defend this ludicris position. We are not as likely to go extinct, I have already said that, your premise is false.It's a perfect analogy, you are saying why should HUMAN's avoid extinction if it is likely, death is certainly likely, so as  HUMAN you could just go ahead and kill yourself. If you won't and think it's absurd then you know why I find your question absurd. You were talking about the planet causing us to go extinct, so your charge about the planet needing food etc is non sensical.

Why fight your inevitable death? why eat? why sustain yourself, you will die, this analogy is the one you are applying to our extinction and it's out to lunch. I can fathom a person holding this position to be honest.

The killing yourself thing was to highlight the ridiculousness of your position, why fight it? it is a perfect analogy. I also didn't say I want to kill anyone, where did I say that? I said kill yourself as an analogy, don't get emo on me.

Necrosis, I have nothing against you and I was trying to have a friendly discussion, but you really went off on a tangent there.  You obviously are obsessed with killing.  I give up.  You win.  Global Warming is fact.  Ban fossil fuels.  Ban gasoline.  Ban plasma TVs and incandescent bulbs.