Author Topic: Jesse Ventura lawsuit  (Read 13030 times)

chixlegs

• Getbig III
Jesse Ventura lawsuit
« on: August 01, 2014, 09:23:35 AM »
I'm surprised I haven't seen this posted yet.  Very weird.  So this former Navy Seal and sniper wrote a book and in it he claims he punched a guy (who remained nameless in the book) in a bar room fight.  It was revealed later to be Jesse Ventura and Ventura said it didn't happen so he sued the guy.  The guy ends up getting tragically killed while trying to help another war vet with PTSD but Ventura continues with the lawsuit and gets awarded a whopping 1.8 million bucks against the poor widow of the slain navy seal (yes, Ventura was a navy seal as well).

Doesn't that amount seem excessive?  He didn't even name him specifically in the book and it's not like he called him a pedophile or something, he just said he punched him in a bar fight.  Ventura destroyed his reputation with this one in my opinion.  As Gordon Ramsay would say, "What a shame".

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Jesse Ventura lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 09:25:48 AM »
Good for jesse , Hope the wife appreciates what a tuff guy her husband was beating up an old man twice his age

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 09:27:49 AM »
Ventura wasn't a Navy Seal,he was UDT( very close,but not a seal) also was never IN Vietnam( served in Phillipines during the Vietnam war)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 09:29:06 AM »
I'm surprised I haven't seen this posted yet.  Very weird.  So this former Navy Seal and sniper wrote a book and in it he claims he punched a guy (who remained nameless in the book) in a bar room fight.  It was revealed later to be Jesse Ventura and Ventura said it didn't happen so he sued the guy.  The guy ends up getting tragically killed while trying to help another war vet with PTSD but Ventura continues with the lawsuit and gets awarded a whopping 1.8 million bucks against the poor widow of the slain navy seal (yes, Ventura was a navy seal as well).

Doesn't that amount seem excessive?  He didn't even name him specifically in the book and it's not like he called him a pedophile or something, he just said he punched him in a bar fight.  Ventura destroyed his reputation with this one in my opinion.  As Gordon Ramsay would say, "What a shame".
FYI, Ventura was never a SEAL. He was UDT.

He used to claim he was a SEAL (and made a bunch of comments about "hunting humans") until some vietnam vets made it a point to expose him, then his "team" claimed he never said he was a SEAL.  ::)

Also, Ventura's people claimed it didn't happen, and all the other SEALs present said it did. It was he said/she said, but Venturas people had a tighter story so the jury had to go with him (which you'd expect of people trying to remember how a barfight went down)

Also, this was posted on the political board.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 09:30:30 AM »
Ventura wasn't a Navy Seal,he was UDT( very close,but not a seal) also was never IN Vietnam( served in Phillipines during the Vietnam war)
Thank you. Ventura has built his career on exaggerations and lies, and Kyle was known to be selfless and a class act. Kind of a shame IMO that Ventura went after him over his pride. Makes him look worse IMO.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 09:31:38 AM »
Good for jesse , Hope the wife appreciates what a tuff guy her husband was beating up an old man twice his age

My thoughts pretty much^^ lol

Can't help but like Jesse V, the original Governator.

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 09:32:13 AM »
That's weird, I literally just saw him on tv and he told the woman once again that he was a navy seal.  he was lamenting that he couldn't go to anymore seal reunions now because of all the controversy.  Strange that he could go around saying that when it isn't true.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 09:35:19 AM »
That's weird, I literally just saw him on tv and he told the woman once again that he was a navy seal.  he was lamenting that he couldn't go to anymore seal reunions now because of all the controversy.  Strange that he could go around saying that when it isn't true.
Its not, at all. Go search some veterans sites about it. He graduated from BUD/s, but didn't go through SQT and all the other training that makes SEALs who they are. UDT was just underwater demolition, no actual combat, no high speed/go fast stuff.

He's built his career on that lie.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 09:35:53 AM »
My thoughts pretty much^^ lol

Can't help but like Jesse V, the original Governator.
Have you read the book? I suggest you do.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 09:52:35 AM »

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 10:18:29 AM »
Jesse the Body Ventura is THE liar??

What about Dillon? Let's face facts. The CIA had him pushing too many pencils. He dropped Dutch, Blain, Billy, and Mac in a "charming little country" looking for a cabinet minister and his aide. Dropped them right into a meat grinder. Dillon said that a couple of our men are about to get squeezed and "we can't let that happen". Dutch was pissed about the cover story but Dillon knew that he couldn't get him in there without it. Dillon used to be somebody that Dutch could trust. Dillon said that he "woke up", and suggested that Dutch do the same.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 11:49:49 AM »
They're saying Ventura is desperate for money - he's apparently a leper for all practical purposes. He must have made lots of enemies over the years to be unemployable despite being a former governor and "celebrity". I guess even Vince McMahon won't give him another chance.  ???

Apparently his 9-11 govt conspiracy theory, his lies about his military record, and whatever enemies he made as governor, WWE "superstar", and faux-celeb have sealed his fate already. His arrogant, obnoxious personality doesn't help him any either - guy has about as much charm and social grace as my pit bull.

But this tops it all. To sue a guy just because he apparently lied about kicking your ass in a barfight is pathetic. To go after his estate and put his widow and kids into the poor house and through hell because of it is being a compete bitch. Especially considering the dead guy's history of service to his country.
A

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 12:13:25 PM »
yea i'd be more worried about dillon the backstabber
Jesse the Body Ventura is THE liar??

What about Dillon? Let's face facts. The CIA had him pushing too many pencils. He dropped Dutch, Blain, Billy, and Mac in a "charming little country" looking for a cabinet minister and his aide. Dropped them right into a meat grinder. Dillon said that a couple of our men are about to get squeezed and "we can't let that happen". Dutch was pissed about the cover story but Dillon knew that he couldn't get him in there without it. Dillon used to be somebody that Dutch could trust. Dillon said that he "woke up", and suggested that Dutch do the same.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 12:17:49 PM »
They're saying Ventura is desperate for money - he's apparently a leper for all practical purposes. He must have made lots of enemies over the years to be unemployable despite being a former governor and "celebrity". I guess even Vince McMahon won't give him another chance.  ???

Apparently his 9-11 govt conspiracy theory, his lies about his military record, and whatever enemies he made as governor, WWE "superstar", and faux-celeb have sealed his fate already. His arrogant, obnoxious personality doesn't help him any either - guy has about as much charm and social grace as my pit bull.

But this tops it all. To sue a guy just because he apparently lied about kicking your ass in a barfight is pathetic. To go after his estate and put his widow and kids into the poor house and through hell because of it is being a compete bitch. Especially considering the dead guy's history of service to his country.

I don't think that it was a lie

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 12:40:39 PM »
I don't think that it was a lie
I dont think so either. The bar was a SEAL hangout and the other people there that werent affiliated with ventura backed Kyles story. ... they were just inconsistent with their version of events, which is normal on a bar fight.

Venturas people were more consistent,  which to me would indicate they got together and got their stories to line up.

Its not the juries fault, they only could go off what evidence they had and the judges instructions (which he basically said they have to find him guilty if ventura was defamed and lost money because of it)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 12:44:38 PM »
Good for Jesse.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 12:47:42 PM »
The publisher will pay the money after it gets reduced on appeal.  The widow will pay nothing.  

Remind me again which "war"  it was where dude killed all those people.  Oh ya, Iraq.  We invaded their country, burned their cities, and he killed their citizens.  Lovely, just lovely.  Our hero.
a

MikMaq

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 12:50:17 PM »
Its not, at all. Go search some veterans sites about it. He graduated from BUD/s, but didn't go through SQT and all the other training that makes SEALs who they are. UDT was just underwater demolition, no actual combat, no high speed/go fast stuff.

He's built his career on that lie.
This is like finding out arnold never won the olympia.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »
I like Jesse and tend to agree with him on most things politically...just don't want to hear what he thinks about 9/11.
A

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 12:57:27 PM »
Is this the guy that wrote the book about the bin laden capture?  How did he die again?  I thought seals were never allowed to talk about their work.  If it isn't an actual rule it 's supposed to be some kind of unwritten code.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 12:59:52 PM »
Is this the guy that wrote the book about the bin laden capture?  How did he die again?  I thought seals were never allowed to talk about their work.  If it isn't an actual rule it 's supposed to be some kind of unwritten code.

so was the guy that told his story and they made LONE SURVIVOR movie

seems alots of seals nowadays are out to make a buck spilling the beans on classified information

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 01:44:47 PM »
Jesse the frogman.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 01:48:05 PM »

Different guy. They're allowed to talk only with approval from the DOD/Navy, and if the rest of the SEAL community approves.

seems alots of seals nowadays are out to make a buck spilling the beans on classified information

Whats going on, is that the SEAL community at large came into the spotlight after Bin Laden. When all the movies started to be made, it upset them, as they are very proud and don't like to see their stories being told incorrectly or technically inaccurate. So whats happening now, with DOD/Naval/SEAL approval, they're getting the actual SEALs involved so that when the movies are made, they're technically accurate.

If their going to be put in the spotlight, they want to make sure that what you're seeing on the screen is an accurate representation of what they go through and how they operate.

There is always the 10% out to make a buck or two, but the majority of SEALs are fiercely proud and the SEAL community is based on the respect of their peers.

After Act of Valor, the floodgates opened on the SEALs. Originally the SEALs didn't want to be a part of that movie, but they wanted it to be done right.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 02:40:45 PM »
thanx Shock. :)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 04:01:37 PM »

No that is Marcus Luttrell.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ