Author Topic: Jesse Ventura lawsuit  (Read 13019 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Jesse Ventura lawsuit
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 04:08:32 PM »

Ventura did the right thing to clear his name.  Keep in mind this had NOTHING to do with if the fight happened or not.  The jury's job was to decide if the story was responsible for the defamation of Ventura and it clearly was.

Personally, I have doubts that it did happen as the "witnesses" stories did not line up.  The bar was crowded and certainly Jesse was recognizable.  Somebody would have said something about him getting decked prior to the book and yet there was nothing.

Ventura is right to do what he did.  Keep in mind, Kyle`s book is completely unverifiable.  Also, Kyle has been know to tell HUGE lies such as:

Like the one about how he and a bud went down to New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina and picked off dozens of bad guys. Or the one in which he took on two armed Texans bent on stealing his truck and shot them both dead.

Kyle is certainly full of a lot of shit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/30/the-complicated-but-unveriable-legacy-of-chris-kyle-the-deadliest-sniper-in-american-history/?tid=hp_mm

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 04:10:02 PM »
Kyle is full of shit, Must be a Getbigger:     :D        :D

That sense of superhuman toughness perhaps led him to tell stories reporters couldn’t confirm. One involved a cold January morning at a gas station southwest of Dallas. Two armed men, he said, approached him and told him to hand over the keys to his black F350. “I told them I would get them the keys,” he told Mooney. “I told them they were in the truck and to just let me reach in.” Kyle then claimed he reached into the car, pulled out a gun and, shooting under his armpit, killed both men. “It’s true,” he said.

But was it? Reporters, including the New Yorker’s Nicholas Schmidle, called some of the nearby county sheriffs and none of them knew of it. “I went to every single gas station [nearby],” Mooney explained. “I talked to every single law enforcement out there, all the Texas rangers — and there’s no evidence whatsoever.”

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram had no better luck. “We checked with the medical examiner’s office, which reported no such deaths in Cleburne in January 2009.”

Years after those alleged killings, Kyle had another story to tell. This one referred to the vacuum of authority in New Orleans following Katrina, when the city slipped into chaos. According to the New Yorker and several military publications, Kyle and a few other SEALs drank late in San Diego late one night in early 2012. “The SEALs began telling stories, and Kyle offered a shocking one,” the New Yorker reported. “…He and another sniper traveled to New Orleans, set up on top of the Superdome, and proceed to shoot dozens of armed residents who were contributing to the chaos.” The magazine said one conversation participant said Kyle “claimed to have shot thirty men on his own,” while another said Kyle and the other killed 30 between them.

When the New Yorker’s Schmidle called the U.S. Special Operations Command for confirmation, he didn’t get any. Then one of Kyle’s officers told the reporter, “I never heard that story.”

Does that mean it didn’t happen? Who knows. It’s certainly possible that Kyle killed two Texan thieves and their bodies disappeared. And it’s also possible Kyle killed 30 armed assailants in New Orleans to protect its residents in Katrina’s aftermath. But it’s also possible Kyle couldn’t let go of his own legend, and, in a haze of post-traumatic stress, let his tales veer into untruth.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »
Ventura was governor of Minnesota, in the movie Predator, and was a pro wrestler.

Dude is a Getbigger.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 04:34:03 PM »
Like him or hate him he earned the right to be called a seal.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2014, 04:36:05 PM »
Venture likes to hear the sound of his own voice.
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2014, 04:37:37 PM »
Like him or hate him he earned the right to be called a seal.

Ventura? No he didnt, he only went through BUD/s. That qualifies him as UDT, not a SEAL. He had to go through all kinda of extra training and join a SEAL team to be called a SEAL.

Thats like someone calling themselves a Recon Marine just because they passed the Indoc but washed out/quit before they made it through school and into the Batallion.

Passing BUD/s =/= SEAL

Passing BUD/s
Passing Ranger school
Passing Jump school
Passing SEAR
Passing SQT

And most importantly

Joining a SEAL team
=
Earning the right to call oneself a SEAL

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2014, 04:40:11 PM »
Ventura? No he didnt, he only went through BUD/s. That qualifies him as UDT, not a SEAL. He had to go through all kinda of extra training and join a SEAL team to be called a SEAL.

Thats like someone calling themselves a Recon Marine just because they passed the Indoc but washed out/quit before they made it through school and into the Batallion.

Passing BUD/s =/= SEAL

A prime Ventura would kick seal ass like nothing.
A

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2014, 05:50:29 PM »
Ventura wasn't a Navy Seal,he was UDT( very close,but not a seal) also was never IN Vietnam( served in Phillipines during the Vietnam war)

UDT - very tough. Well respected in SF community

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2014, 06:08:57 PM »
UDT - very tough. Well respected in SF community
Exactly... no idea why he would try and lie and pass himself off as a SEAL when what he accomplished was impressive enough.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2014, 07:50:19 PM »
Very old news , way to go mcfly.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2014, 10:52:05 PM »
I like Jesse and tend to agree with him on most things politically...just don't want to hear what he thinks about 9/11.

Why are you afraid to hear the truth?

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2014, 10:57:12 PM »
Exactly... no idea why he would try and lie and pass himself off as a SEAL when what he accomplished was impressive enough.
Since I've left the military I've noticed that this is more common than I'd ever have imagined.

theredeemer

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2014, 03:20:20 AM »
I thought Ventura started the lawsuit BEFORE Chris Kyles death?

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2014, 04:35:22 PM »

Passing BUD/s =/= SEAL

Passing BUD/s
Passing Ranger school
Passing Jump school
Passing SEAR
Passing SQT

And most importantly

Joining a SEAL team
=
Earning the right to call oneself a SEAL
Seals don't have a problem with UDT men calling themselves seals, but you're right.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2014, 05:28:40 PM »
Seals don't have a problem with UDT men calling themselves seals, but you're right.
Well, there was quite a few Vietnam era SEALs that had a pretty big problem with it. From what I read the modern SEALs tolerated it because at one point he was a decent vocalist/figurehead for them in the public. It still bugged them that he referred to himself as a SEAL and talked about SEAL missions he was never a part of...

That's what really drove those vietnam SEALs to go after him, he was talking about things he never did, and a lot of those SEALs knew each other as the community was so small back then.

UDT at any point in Vietnam could request to go to a SEAL team and theyd send them through the remaining courses and off to the teams, but Ventura never did that. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »
Well, there was quite a few Vietnam era SEALs that had a pretty big problem with it. From what I read the modern SEALs tolerated it because at one point he was a decent vocalist/figurehead for them in the public. It still bugged them that he referred to himself as a SEAL and talked about SEAL missions he was never a part of...

That's what really drove those vietnam SEALs to go after him, he was talking about things he never did, and a lot of those SEALs knew each other as the community was so small back then.

UDT at any point in Vietnam could request to go to a SEAL team and theyd send them through the remaining courses and off to the teams, but Ventura never did that. 
Vietnam SEALS  ::)  The SEALS  started with Charlie Sheen.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2014, 05:39:55 PM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2014, 05:45:16 PM »
I have been called a SEAL on many occasions. You don't see me bragging about it.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2014, 06:13:18 PM »

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2014, 12:57:30 PM »
The publisher will pay the money after it gets reduced on appeal.  The widow will pay nothing.  

Remind me again which "war"  it was where dude killed all those people.  Oh ya, Iraq.  We invaded their country, burned their cities, and he killed their citizens.  Lovely, just lovely.  Our hero.

This whole thing is all Bush's fault! Ventura should sue Dubya and Cheney!
A

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2014, 08:08:34 AM »
Jesse Ventura
2 mins ·

To my vigilant viewers, supporters, and those who have dedicated an exuberant amount of time trolling my page over the last few days:

1.) I will be making a formal statement here tomorrow, August 5th to answer your questions about the trial and to give more clarity on what really happened.

2.) I greatly appreciate those who have taken the time to truly educate themselves as best they can about what happened in the trial. If you weren't in the courtroom, then you don't know what happened. Unfortunately, if you read the dumbed-down headlines the mainstream media is throwing out there to sensationalize this, you aren't getting the truth either. This case was too complex to be boiled down to less than 140 twitter characters.

3.) If you're a fan, you know I always encourage free thought, but educated, informed thought. Feel free to educate yourself with these articles and do some critical thinking. Now that I've come forward, some brave journalists have done their own research. Apparently mine is not the only "fishy war story" that's come to light —

National Review: http://bit.ly/1AIDm1y
The New Yorker: http://nyr.kr/1rTkeI3
Washington Post: http://wapo.st/1AIDcHg

I ask you to consider these points - I'll be adding to them tomorrow on "Off The Grid."

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2014, 12:56:25 PM »
Jesse Ventura is allegedly a dumb retarded dipshit. So he probably allegedly ask for it.
allegedly of course.
A

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2014, 02:31:35 PM »
Jesse the frogman.

;D

There's something fishy about him - he's a Alex Jones type snake oiler.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2014, 03:27:14 PM »
I don't know anything about it, but the guy used Ventura's name to make money from selling his book. So you have to back that up.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2014, 03:50:55 PM »
Jesse Ventura is a fag. Suck my dick fat motha fucka.