Author Topic: At Least Catholic Priests Don't Charge for Their "Services"  (Read 2092 times)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
At Least Catholic Priests Don't Charge for Their "Services"
« on: August 01, 2014, 06:29:34 PM »
REMINDER: That rabbi you look up to and trust for moral guidance may have suckled more dongs than Jenna Jameson

Why Ultra-Orthodox Jewish Babies Keep Getting Herpes
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/29/why-ultra-orthodox-jewish-babies-keep-getting-herpes.html

'On July 22, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene revealed that two new cases of neonatal herpes had been diagnosed during July. One baby was found at 16 days old to have “pustular lesions on the penis and genital area,” and a 17-day-old was found to have “lesions on his penis, left foot, and left thigh.”

Based on the timing and the locations of the lesions, the male infants had contracted the herpes simplex virus during their Jewish circumcision custom, a bris, which occurs on the eighth day of life. Circumcisions are a standard—even beneficial—health practice. But each of these boys underwent a bris that followed an ancient ritual not widely practiced outside the ultra-Orthodox community.

Metzitzah b’peh (MBP), the orogential (mouth to genitals) suctioning of blood from the penis of an infant male following circumcision, poses one of the most unique and upsetting public health issues. While infants who do not undergo MBP can contract neonatal herpes, infants who do are 3.4 times more likely to do so, according to the New York City Department of Health. Since 2000, 16 cases of neonatal herpes have resulted from MBP in New York City alone, with three proving fatal and others causing long-term health effects, including brain damage. A practice that sounds immediately abhorrent and baffling to nearly anyone outside New York’s ultra-Orthodox community has forced a controversial clash of local politics, culture, and power.

MBP has been practiced for millennia with varying regularity among different sects of the Jewish community. However, in 1837, Chasam Sofer, a revered sage in the central and eastern European Jewish world, said oral suctioning could be stopped when it appeared to cause a public health crisis in Vienna. He stated that Jewish law did not state MBP as necessary for fulfilling the Jewish commandment of circumcision, and “even if oral suction had been mentioned in the Mishnah, we would be able to change it to another method which accomplishes the same thing, so long as we heed qualified physicians.” Other rabbis followed with similar rulings, and in many circles, MBP eventually fell out of practice for most Jews.'

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: At Least Catholic Priests Don't Charge for Their "Services"
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 06:39:00 PM »
How can anyone take religion seriously in the 21st century? I mean, to cling to such ridiculous, and archaic behaviors is so primitive.
X

theredeemer

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 12:23:27 AM »
It was probably done for some sort of medical reason back in the day (remember they did not have modern facilities thousands of years ago). But in modern times it is only practiced for the pleasure it gives the Rabbi.

io856

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 12:49:05 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 04:21:48 AM »
abhorrent and baffling

In a nutshell.  Imagine walking in on that scene.  I'd back out the door and down the hall doing my best karate stance.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 04:41:51 AM »
How can anyone take religion seriously in the 21st century? I mean, to cling to such ridiculous, and archaic behaviors is so primitive.

How?...

95% of the world is populated by mindless vassals.  Generations and generations of sheep who are incapable of even one critical thought.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 05:10:54 AM »
In a nutshell.  Imagine walking in on that scene.  I'd back out the door and down the hall doing my best karate stance.

I'd do my best Chris Hansen impression.

He has such a meltdown.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 05:57:15 AM »
My lunch just came up, a little..

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 06:37:02 AM »
 :o

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 08:05:36 AM »
I'd do my best Chris Hansen impression.

He has such a meltdown.

Sure, he realized his whole life was fucked from that point on.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 09:18:55 AM »
WTF!