Author Topic: Phil Heath discusses the price of his protein on Facebook.  (Read 10600 times)

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
Re: Phil Heath discusses the price of his protein on Facebook.
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2014, 11:22:33 PM »
Lol even his supplement is THAT narrow
T

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 11:55:46 PM »
Do anyone buy whey powder nowadays?

Isn't a bcaa better?

Whey protein contains tryptophan which reduces the effects of BCAA. So it's usually better taking BCAA about 45 min. before workout and taking your protein shake right after your workout or before you go to bed. Milk also has tryptophan, so you don't wanna mix that with your BCAA. Hope this helps.

some people would say bcaas are pointless. take it for what it's worth.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2014, 12:01:20 AM »

Phillip Heath Joe Manno its actually 2.7lbs and its on par with all others beating them with our price/ounce ratio but you didn't mind looking that up huh. Well, good luck with your training and best wishes outside of that.

it's still overpriced, phil, if you are lurking.  a true price point, since you don't have an organic product, would be 29.99-34.99.

i'm assuming your seller is charging about 19.99 for that tub, which leads to the high markup.

anyway, good luck.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2014, 12:15:00 AM »
Phil's a getbigger. I wish him the best.
me too. He will win Mr.O .9 times, watch.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2014, 12:22:06 AM »
Whey protein contains tryptophan which reduces the effects of BCAA. So it's usually better taking BCAA about 45 min. before workout and taking your protein shake right after your workout or before you go to bed. Milk also has tryptophan, so you don't wanna mix that with your BCAA. Hope this helps.

some people would say bcaas are pointless. take it for what it's worth.

Ok. I have a whey at home just Put it aside when I started bcaas..

I mix with milk and water usually, but I am cutting lactose at the moment

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2014, 12:54:12 AM »
it's still overpriced, phil, if you are lurking.  a true price point, since you don't have an organic product, would be 29.99-34.99.

i'm assuming your seller is charging about 19.99 for that tub, which leads to the high markup.

anyway, good luck.

19.99? Try 1.99$ Where is all that whey coming from? There is no one on this earth who is making just whey protein, but there is plenty of cheese makers, and whey is their side product. It used to be something which they send to be a part of the forage for animals, but then they realize that there is whole industry which need lot of protein. Cheese makers used to sell it by few bucks per metric ton, now they sell it as a "product" at 50$ per 2,7 lb. All what those whey- sellers do before they pack that crap in the neat containers, is filtering and adding some flavors, and price goes sky high. In Finland we buy high quality whey isolate at 117,7€ per 8,8lb, so 2.7 lb would be 36$..

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2014, 01:22:48 AM »
This is stupid!  Ronnie Coleman put BSN on the map.  No one remembers Alpha Helix and where the fuck is Cutler Sig Line sold?  I won't get into the non-factor Centopani.  Phil has a clean record, but he's a bit of a dud MrO like Dexter Jackson.  I have no problem associating Muscle Meds with Kai Greene.

In others words of all the guys I listed above, two are full of personality, and the other three are blank slates.   

yet, Ronnie has 800.000 fans on Facebook.

Kai and Phil each have about 2,1 million. Strange really.

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2014, 05:19:06 AM »
yet, Ronnie has 800.000 fans on Facebook.

Kai and Phil each have about 2,1 million. Strange really.

Phil and Kai's pages are interactive and are updated regularly. Ronnie's account on instagram is crap and seems to be run by someone that doesn't really like Ronnie.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2014, 05:42:55 AM »
Phil Heath is just another scammer hoping to attract young bodybuilding neophytes to empty their wallets and buy his overpriced goop.  I use to formulate products like this.  The labeling/packaging costs as much (if not more) than the actual product.  All these supplement companies do is buy standard whey protein in bulk, add flavor, artificial sweeteners, etc... then re-package it and make 3-4x profit.  It's very easy to do... this is why you see new protein brands come and go so often.  

Go to CVS and buy their whey protein brand... it's the same exact same thing, but only pennies per serving.  It's on sale at least once a month.

Better yet, just eat eggs.

Dogma2010

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2014, 09:03:03 AM »
Doesn't this violate a non compete agreement athletes sign with supplement companies. It would be unfortunate if Muscle tech attorneys were to learn about someone violating such an agreement and having this end up in a court of law for violating a legal contract

And they're going to put this guy on NBC. Who's curious to see what happens when they bring up Alex Rodriguez and steroid usage along with mma.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2014, 09:05:25 AM »
how does his isolate compare to ronnies ?

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2014, 09:15:46 AM »
you would think he would be smart enough to charge less and go for mass market volume.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2014, 09:32:06 AM »
At that price he's basically lost 3/4 of the millions of fools who purchase this snake oil...And when people realize it's not a top notch whey, they will not be using the protein for very long...Also the man won 3 Mr. Olympias by not using his products(because they didn't exist). So basically they are not needed...Lipstick on a pig it seems :-\

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2014, 09:53:13 AM »
Go to Costco and get a 6lb bag of Cytosport Whey Protein for $39.00. Lasts over 2 months.

lol @ $53.00 for 2.5lbs. Rip off

this.

also, I could be wrong but I don't think grown men give a shit who's face is on the label, we look  at the back of the jar, not the front.

ingredients/ price per gram. anything else I really don't care.

I also am not too concerned with mixing/taste.  if it makes you sick (shock) that's one thing...but my take is it's not an ice cream sundae, and i'm not trying to make believe it is. it's  a nutrient, protein.  chug it down...make a funny face if you have to...and go about your day.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2014, 09:54:52 AM »
cytosport is mainly concentrate.cant compare the two. try again. try harder.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2014, 10:09:29 AM »

It's all the same shit.

a little history lesson.  my ex was an exec for NBTY, which owns Nature's Bounty, and all of the Vitamin World stores. I had cupboards filled to the top with every supplement known to man. I could literally use as much protein as I wanted , any kind, and never run out.  so I did.  they are all the same, I never used one that visibly made a difference in my body.

you can post all of the pseudoscience and marketing stuff you want, I know from first hand experience

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2014, 10:20:56 AM »

this.

also, I could be wrong but I don't think grown men give a shit who's face is on the label, we look  at the back of the jar, not the front.

ingredients/ price per gram. anything else I really don't care.

I also am not too concerned with mixing/taste.  if it makes you sick (shock) that's one thing...but my take is it's not an ice cream sundae, and i'm not trying to make believe it is. it's  a nutrient, protein.  chug it down...make a funny face if you have to...and go about your day.

Exactly. They are only buying it because Heaths face is on there, and of course he claims that is what made him big.

Agreed, I am not overly concerned with taste, as long as it doesn't make me vomit or sick.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2014, 10:22:06 AM »

LOL!!!

As groink said, its all the same shit Like taking one over the other is going to make a drastic difference anyway.  ::) ::)
X

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2014, 10:25:11 AM »
LOL!!!

As groink said, its all the same shit Like taking one over the other is going to make a drastic difference anyway.  ::) ::)

im not suggesting there will be a drastic difference but there are differences. it would be fair to compare one isolate to another, not throw in soy there for example and then say its the same just because there will be no drastic difference.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2014, 10:30:01 AM »

Ronnie's needs Rose Hips.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2014, 12:26:50 PM »

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »

Phil's comes with insulin.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2014, 01:06:01 PM »
Just more overpriced crap clogging shelves everywhere.

His fart powder is no better or worse than any others. And if there IS a difference, it certainly isn't enough to make ANY difference in your physique/strength gaols.

As another says, Phil never used his own powder to win anything. It wasn't in existence. And now, even if he uses his own product, how would he even know if it's working? His drug and hormone use is so powerful, and of such importance to what he looks like today, that any positive outcome from supplement use is negligible.

And as another member says, the stock ingredients for these powders are acquired from the same distribution companies that sell to every other fart-powder company.

I was there when MuscleTech began ... I was working for Pinnacle during its bodybuilding supps phase ... and I have seen the whole scene from the inside, for decades.

Heath's crap is no better or worse than buying some eggs and a steak. And drinking some coffee before hitting the gym.

He represents the truest definition of false advertising.

Go fuck yourself, Heath.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2014, 01:11:10 PM »
The one good thing is Phil isnt using Aspartame, so they say? They say Stevia, and Aguave.What I dont like is there is some fillers in the product that dont need to be there.If you do the math it comes up 83% protein.Now there could be alot of fillers in this product.Whey protein Isolate is anything above 90% protein.Whey Concentrate is 35-89% protein.
Id Phil actaully using Whey Protein Isolate.A assay would tell us.
If Phil wanted to make a great product he would use Milk Protein Isolate.It has 22.7 % naturally occuring L-Glutamine vs Whey Protein Isolate only having 19.3 %.Plus Milk Isolate is the closest thing to mother milk.It curdles in the stomach so it is time released like food.
If I was to buy a protein on the market now.I would By Pro Complex, Beverly International has a good blend, or TRUEPROTEIN.COM.Blended protein is the best proteins because it has a broader amino acid profile.Whey protein Isolate may be the fastest absorption.But it digests in 30-45 minutes leaving you catbolic the rest of the time.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2014, 01:18:09 PM »
FFS guys it's really not this serious