Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi is a true American hero  (Read 2348 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Nancy Pelosi is a true American hero
« on: August 02, 2014, 05:53:11 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/08/pelosi-chases-republican-tom-marino-across-house-chamber/

Pelosi Chases Republican Tom Marino Across House Chamber

By John Parkinson
@jparkABC
Chris Good
@c_good
Aug 1, 2014 8:48pm

In an unusual breach of decorum, even for the divided Congress, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi chased Rep. Tom Marino across the House floor, taking offense at comments by the Pennsylvania Republican during debate on the border funding bill Friday night.
“We don’t have law and order,” Marino began as he wrapped up his comments on the border supplemental. “My colleagues on the other side don’t want to do anything about it.”

“You know something that I find quite interesting about the other side? Under the leadership of the former Speaker [Pelosi], and under the leadership of their former leader [Rep. Steny Hoyer], when in 2009 and 2010, they had the House, the Senate and the White House, and they knew this problem existed,” he continued. “They didn’t have the strength to go after it back then. But now are trying to make a political issue out of it now.”

Off-mic, Pelosi then approached Marino, crossing the aisle in view of cameras, and apparently challenged Marino’s assertion that Democrats did not do anything about the issue when they had majority control.
“Yes it is true,” Marino replied directly to Pelosi, who was House speaker in those years. “I did the research on it. You might want to try it. You might want to try it, Madam Leader. Do the research on it. Do the research. I did it. That’s one thing that you don’t do.”

Marino then urged lawmakers to support the border supplemental “because apparently I hit the right nerve.”

After Marino concluded his remarks and as many Republicans applauded their colleague, Pelosi crossed the chamber again in view of cameras, enraged, pointing and sticking her finger at Marino.

She then followed Marino up a Republican aisle, gesturing and arguing with him. Lawmakers on the GOP side gathered in dismay as one spoke out to tell the chair that the House was not in order, in an effort to halt the bickering.

Pelosi finally relented after Republicans tried to get between Pelosi and Marino, and she returned to the Democratic side of the chamber. The House then promptly voted to approve the $694 million border supplemental, 223-189.

*UPDATE: According to Pelosi spokeswoman Evangeline George, “Leader Pelosi just wanted to remind the Congressman that House Democrats had the courage to pass the DREAM Act – and have the courage to stand up for what the American people want: bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform.”George added that “Pelosi accepted the Congressman’s apology.”

But Marino’s chief of staff, Bill Tighe, stressed that Marino did not apologize to Pelosi, and will not apologize.
“[Rep. Marino] did not apologize to Leader Pelosi and does not intend to do so as he has nothing to apologize for.  She was entirely out of line in approaching him while he was recognized and delivering remarks on the Floor,” Tighe wrote in an email. “Her staff’s comment in your story about her accepting his apology in simply not true.”

Later, Marino took to Twitter to explain his side of the story...
Rep. Tom Marino        ✔ @RepTomMarino
Follow
Rep. Pelosi called me an 'insignificant person' on the Floor of the House. I'll ponder that for a while driving to Williamsport tonight.

Rep. Tom Marino        ✔ @RepTomMarino
Follow
...of course I'll be driving myself, with no staff or security. And I'm just a country lawyer who worked in a bakery until he was 30...
10:49 PM - 1 Aug 2014

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Nancy Pelosi is a true American hero
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 06:08:15 PM »
She is a disgrace...

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 12:52:12 PM »
How do people like Pelosi and Reid stay in office so long?  ???

Oh, well, the country did elect Obama twice - and would probably keep electing him.  ::)
A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 07:27:28 AM »
She needs to be put to sleep. I watched the house debate on the border bill and this dingbat was up there preaching about baby jesus and quoting bible stuff....its like really, you clearly are not a religious person and you represent san francisco, your constituents are among the most anti-religion people in the nation. Seriously this is why people hate politicians. Shes as disgraceful as it gets.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 07:34:35 AM »
And not a peep from the resident CULTIST libfags

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »
Whore. She needs to retire.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 05:40:50 AM »
When asked about why she tore up the speech, Pelosi responded, "It was the courteous thing to do considering the alternative. It was such a dirty speech."

The Blaze.com

“I didn’t go in there to tear up the speech, and I didn’t even care that he didn’t shake my hand, in fact, who cares?” She said. “I knew it was a pack of lies, but I thought, ‘Well, let’s see how it goes.’ About a quarter through it I thought, ‘You know – he’s selling a bill of goods like a snake oil salesman. We cannot let this – we cannot let this stand.’ So, somewhere along the way realizing what was coming, realizing I started to stack my papers in a way that were tear-able – and tear-able – and terrible. So, again, there was no plan.” ABCnews.com

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 05:53:31 AM »
When asked about why she tore up the speech, Pelosi responded, "It was the courteous thing to do considering the alternative. It was such a dirty speech."

The Blaze.com

I didn’t go in there to tear up the speech, and I didn’t even care that he didn’t shake my hand, in fact, who cares?” She said. “I knew it was a pack of lies, but I thought, ‘Well, let’s see how it goes.’ About a quarter through it I thought, ‘You know – he’s selling a bill of goods like a snake oil salesman. We cannot let this – we cannot let this stand.’ So, somewhere along the way realizing what was coming, realizing I started to stack my papers in a way that were tear-able – and tear-able – and terrible. So, again, there was no plan.” ABCnews.com

Sure she didn't.   ::)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 12:45:58 PM »
Sure she didn't.   ::)

Trump should have laminated the pages.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 01:19:02 PM »
Next time the speech will be in a plexiglas case.   ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 02:05:42 PM »
I miss George Whorewell and JOHN MATRIX.

So many legendary getbiggers no longer with us.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 03:14:11 PM »
I miss George Whorewell and JOHN MATRIX.

So many legendary getbiggers no longer with us.

George was one of my fav

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2020, 05:48:06 AM »
San Francisco car break-ins are so common that the city's district attorney is proposing reimbursing residents whose windows are smashed

Unsuspecting tourists often are victims of such crimes, leaving valuables inside cars and parking on the street, as the Chronicle notes. But the DA's office estimated that nearly 9,000 residents were hit with smashed windows in 2019. This new fund would only be a resource for residents, not tourists or rental car companies.

While walking alongside cars parked on the street, it's common to see handmade signs attached to the inside of the windows pleading with smash-and-grabbers not to break in. Some note the number of times they've been broken into, others disclose that there is nothing valuable in the car worth breaking the window for. Shattered glass strewn across sidewalks and along curbs is also common.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/san-francisco-car-break-ins-182358984.html

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 06:01:50 AM »
From the videos i watch of her, she looks off, like mentally retarded or with dementia flares due to old age.