Author Topic: The U.S. flew a spy plane over Russia the day after the Malaysian flight  (Read 5515 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/02/us/us-spy-plane/index.html?c=homepage-t

Washington (CNN) - The Cold War aerial games of chicken portrayed in the movie "Top Gun" are happening in real life again nearly 30 years later.

A U.S. Air Force spy plane evaded an encounter with the Russian military on July 18, just a day after Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was downed by a suspected surface-to-air missile that Ukraine and the West allege was fired by pro-Russia rebels in eastern Ukraine.

The RC-135 Rivet Joint fled into nearby Swedish airspace without that country's permission, a U.S. military official told CNN. The airplane may have gone through other countries' airspace as well, though it's not clear if it had permission to do so.

The U.S. plane had been flying in international airspace, conducting an electronic eavesdropping mission on the Russian military, when the Russians took the unusual action of beginning to track it with land-based radar.

The Russians then sent at least one fighter jet into the sky to intercept the aircraft, the U.S. official said Saturday.

The spy plane crew felt so concerned about the radar tracking that it wanted to get out of the area as quickly as possible, the official said. The quickest route away from the Russians took them into Swedish airspace. The U.S. official acknowledged that was done without Swedish military approval.

As a result of this incident, the United States is discussing the matter with Sweden and letting officials know there may be further occurrences where American jets have to divert so quickly they may not be able to wait for permission.

"We acknowledge a U.S. aircraft veered into Swedish airspace and will take active steps to ensure we have properly communicated with Swedish authorities in advance to prevent similar issues before they arise," the U.S. State Department said.

The incident was first reported by the Swedish media group DN.se. Russian officials did not provide any immediate reaction about the encounter.

This was at least the second potentially-dangerous encounter between a U.S. plane and Russia over the past few months. On April 23, a Russian Su-27 Flanker fighter jet buzzed within 100 feet of the nose of a U.S. Air Force RC-135U reconnaissance plane over the Sea of Okhotsk between Russia and Japan, a Defense Department official said.

theredeemer

• Getbig III
US is spoiling for a war, bullying Sweden, poking at the Hornet's nest (Russia).

US administration is an open world aggressor.  No more "pretending" to have a noble intent.  Open bullies.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
The U.S. flew a spy plane over Russia the day after the Malaysian flight

No kidding.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
US is spoiling for a war, bullying Sweden, poking at the Hornet's nest (Russia).

US administration is an open world aggressor.  No more "pretending" to have a noble intent.  Open bullies.

x2

We destabilized Ukraine and now we're taunting Russia....  ::)

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV

Hahah if you had any idea how man times this stuff happens between china, Russia and the us you wouldn't make  statements like that.. This has been going on for years

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

Hahah if you had any idea how man times this stuff happens between china, Russia and the us you wouldn't make  statements like that.. This has been going on for years

Well this time you got caught, sporto.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

I was gonna say... do people actually believe we DONT fly spy planes and do aerial recon over other countries all the time?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Actually, I read somewhere that during the Bush years, the world feared us and wouldn't dare to challenge us.

On Jan 21, 2009, everything changed and we've been bullied ever since. 

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV

We caught each other all the time... They test our air defense reaction times in Alaska on a weekly basis. The only reason this made news is because someone in Sweden opened there mouth... This is nothing new and the us is not trying to "start a war" this is what super powers do.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
Actually, I read somewhere that during the Bush years, the world feared us and wouldn't dare to challenge us.

On Jan 21, 2009, everything changed and we've been bullied ever since. 

I joined in 06 so I can't really tell you if that true or not but god I hope it was... It's nice to be respect even if out of fear... Stops countries from doing dumb shit if they fear a punishment for there actions

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
Re: The U.S. flew a spy plane over Russia the day after the Malaysian flight
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 09:37:55 AM »

Very true Navy - it's funny when civvies think they "scooped" some high class info. Here is a clue everyone - if you know about it - it's because the military wants you to know OR they simple don't care because it's meaningless intel.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 10:08:58 AM »
I joined in 06 so I can't really tell you if that true or not but god I hope it was... It's nice to be respect even if out of fear... Stops countries from doing dumb shit if they fear a punishment for there actions

actually i was just being sarcastic, toward the ppl who blame obama for everything.  I know our countries have been playing chicken with war for decades, it's nothing new, and nothing to get too riled up over.  Someday they might cross a line and start WWIII, but 1) it'll probably never happen and 2) anything we debate on a message board probably won't change anything lol.

Over on the political board, there's a general belief that Bush ruled the world with an iron fist, and everyone's been walking on obama since he took over.  IMO, seeing as I'm nearing 40 and have watched the news since I was a little kid, it's gonna be that same game between super powers no matter if it's a dem or repub running the USA.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 10:21:30 AM »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhh hahaha... Fucking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I taped Larry Lesters buns together.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 10:22:41 AM »
We caught each other all the time... They test our air defense reaction times in Alaska on a weekly basis. The only reason this made news is because someone in Sweden opened there mouth... This is nothing new and the us is not trying to "start a war" this is what super powers do.

Someone in Sweden probably opened their mouth with the go ahead from the US. This is mostly theater isn't it?

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »
Someone in Sweden probably opened their mouth with the go ahead from the US. This is mostly theater isn't it?

Corrected it's all a game, they wanted the politic to see the Russia was the aggressor and the us was just trying to collected radar days to see if they could find any more SA middle sites. Then big bad Russia runs and scares them off... It's all a game of semantics

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 11:33:16 AM »
actually i was just being sarcastic, toward the ppl who blame obama for everything.  I know our countries have been playing chicken with war for decades, it's nothing new, and nothing to get too riled up over.  Someday they might cross a line and start WWIII, but 1) it'll probably never happen and 2) anything we debate on a message board probably won't change anything lol.

Over on the political board, there's a general belief that Bush ruled the world with an iron fist, and everyone's been walking on obama since he took over.  IMO, seeing as I'm nearing 40 and have watched the news since I was a little kid, it's gonna be that same game between super powers no matter if it's a dem or repub running the USA.

I honestly get worried some times about the state of the world then I think back to Cuba 60 years ago and nukes siting 90 miles off the coast. Or when Gary powers caught a sa-2 up the ass of his u-2 and I think.. Ya it's not even close to as bad ass it once was

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 11:38:57 AM »
I would be concerned if we weren't trying to gather intel on Russia. 

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 11:42:20 AM »
I would be concerned if we weren't trying to gather intel on Russia. 

Exactly, if the think the USSR is gone think again, they just hide for a bit and got rebranded. The soviet mind set is still alive and well up and down the Russian political chain 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 05:34:55 PM »
Exactly, if the think the USSR is gone think again, they just hide for a bit and got rebranded. The soviet mind set is still alive and well up and down the Russian political chain 

A lot of naive people in this country think that all nations of the world are just like us and we can all get along.   They're proud of how worldly and evolved they are.  They are in a hurry to give countries like Russia a big hug and be pals with them.  Thankfully there is still a handful of people left in the USA that aren't dipshit gullible morons.

Look idiots, there is such a thing and good and evil.  Not everybody is like you.  There are some people in this world that want to enslave you, ass rape you and your family to death, cut your heads off and take what's yours.  I know it's scary to think about these things but denying it isn't going to make the bogeyman go away.  You have to stand up and fight.  Pull your head out of your ass and see the world as it is, now as you want it to be.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 05:37:36 PM »
Mitt Romney told the US exactly what would happen with Russia back in 2012, but the dumb white liberal hipsters voted for Saint Obama anyway. If we have a weak leader the world will see us as a weak country.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 05:39:57 PM »
I honestly get worried some times about the state of the world then I think back to Cuba 60 years ago and nukes siting 90 miles off the coast. Or when Gary powers caught a sa-2 up the ass of his u-2 and I think.. Ya it's not even close to as bad ass it once was

true.  I was in 1st grade... 1982... we used to go to cafeteria of school (bottom floor) and practice nuke explosion drills... like holding hands over our head will keep us alive with bombs falling lol.   Today's 1st graders don't have to worry about nuclear bombs like we did haha.

technology... i think that helps a ton.  These days, who knows how many safeguards are in place to stop an attack... how many pieces of technology that we'll never hear about, are in place on all sides to keep nukes from criss crossing on the way to destroying the earth.  

It's like a party where everyone is carrying an 9mm.  You might dislike each other, but nobody is drawing because you just know one of your adversary's allies is going to cap ya in the back of the head after you fire the first shot.  Mutually assured destruction.  I worry about it way less today than I would back in the 1960s, when it was just sir separating bombs from target.  These days, I feel much safer.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 05:46:12 PM »
Most people have no idea how close we came to nuclear war in the 1960s. This guy saved the world because he refused to launch a nuclear missile at the US.

Vasili Alexandrovich Arkhipov was a Soviet Navy officer. During the Cuban Missile Crisis, he prevented the launch of a nuclear torpedo and thereby prevented a nuclear war. Thomas Blanton (then director of the National Security Archive) said in 2002 that "a guy called Vasili Arkhipov saved the world".[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasili_Arkhipov 

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 06:10:37 PM »

X2

Only difference is this is being televised.

Us government is a predatory entity in nature and will proceed to break international law regularly to accomplish whatever their bankrollers please.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2014, 06:25:40 PM »
A lot of naive people in this country think that all nations of the world are just like us and we can all get along.   They're proud of how worldly and evolved they are.  They are in a hurry to give countries like Russia a big hug and be pals with them.  Thankfully there is still a handful of people left in the USA that aren't dipshit gullible morons.

Look idiots, there is such a thing and good and evil.  Not everybody is like you.  There are some people in this world that want to enslave you, ass rape you and your family to death, cut your heads off and take what's yours.  I know it's scary to think about these things but denying it isn't going to make the bogeyman go away.  You have to stand up and fight.  Pull your head out of your ass and see the world as it is, now as you want it to be.

I'm on the same page as you! I couldn't agree more, and my post history shows that...

The thing is, compared to so many other nations... Russians aren't that bad. I can see why the globalists want Ukraine but I don't see how it benefits common Americans to pull shit in that part of the world and antagonize Russia?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 06:37:55 PM »
I'm on the same page as you! I couldn't agree more, and my post history shows that...

The thing is, compared to so many other nations... Russians aren't that bad. I can see why the globalists want Ukraine but I don't see how it benefits common Americans to pull shit in that part of the world and antagonize Russia?

Because the civil war between the white races Hitler waged years ago didn't finish us all off. They need to finish the job,  and this is the way you drive the white man to extinction.