Author Topic: Hardcore Pawn - Gold's are putting up a tough guy act  (Read 3080 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Hardcore Pawn - Gold's are putting up a tough guy act
« on: August 03, 2014, 10:26:09 AM »
The Golds put on that tough guy act... Wouldn't you just love to see those big security guys walk off the job and let those three asshole pawn brokers take on all the mad hebrews?

;D

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
Re: Hardcore Pawn
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 10:30:36 AM »
i wonder how much is scripted, at least one shouting incident per episode much be scripted, then again its detroit so maybe not?

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 10:37:46 AM »
i wonder how much is scripted, at least one shouting incident per episode much be scripted, then again its detroit so maybe not?
Honestly? Probably 99% of it is scripted, just like all the other similar programs... Just like everything on TV...

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 02:37:12 PM »
It's all scripted!

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 05:21:45 PM »
It's all scripted!
This^^^

However they are a very nice family in realty. My friend met the daughter on a flight. She gave him her fathers cell phone number and invited him down to the store for a tour. Apparently she only works there for the tv show. So the old man took my buddy around the store and treated him like an old friend. Shity tv show but good people.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 05:57:48 PM »
It's all scripted!

Yes it is. I was filmed on the show about 2 years ago. They had me stand with Rich (no longer on the show) as a back drop during a fight. It was a black couple fighting over a couch. The black chick yelled for Ashley and the hot young Latina chick doing the directing kept telling her to scream louder and jump up and down. She yelled cut and then the boyfriend/husband carried her out the building while she cussed Ashley driven by the directors commands.

The place is a real shit hole. The price tags on the power tools were pieces of masking tape. It reminded me of a shitty garage sale. One thing that is real is that the place is full of junkies, hookers and thugs. But the Gold family was very cool, especially Les. I was filmed looking at jewelry and in the fight but ended up on the cutting room floor. I had the same thing happen with LA Ink. I must be TV ugly.  ;D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 06:20:28 PM »
Yes it is. I was filmed on the show about 2 years ago. They had me stand with Rich (no longer on the show) as a back drop during a fight. It was a black couple fighting over a couch. The black chick yelled for Ashley and the hot young Latina chick doing the directing kept telling her to scream louder and jump up and down. She yelled cut and then the boyfriend/husband carried her out the building while she cussed Ashley driven by the directors commands.

The place is a real shit hole. The price tags on the power tools were pieces of masking tape. It reminded me of a shitty garage sale. One thing that is real is that the place is full of junkies, hookers and thugs. But the Gold family was very cool, especially Les. I was filmed looking at jewelry and in the fight but ended up on the cutting room floor. I had the same thing happen with LA Ink. I must be TV ugly.  ;D

haha... awesome story  :D

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 06:36:32 PM »

You probably complain a lot and tell the producer how it should be done.  lol

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 08:12:22 PM »
You probably complain a lot and tell the producer how it should be done.  lol

Uh, Huh? ???

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 08:15:36 PM »
Is'nt it Palumbo's uncle who owns the Pawn shop? Looks a lot like him...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 04:56:25 AM »

The place is a real shit hole. The price tags on the power tools were pieces of masking tape. It reminded me of a shitty garage sale. One thing that is real is that the place is full of junkies, hookers and thugs. But the Gold family was very cool, especially Les. I was filmed looking at jewelry and in the fight but ended up on the cutting room floor. I had the same thing happen with LA Ink. I must be TV ugly.  ;D
LOL @ TV ugly!!  ;D

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 06:02:58 AM »
I'm sure they are nice folks, but I got "defriended" from their FB page back during the week before the Super Bowl.

There was a pic of Seth trying to "palm" a football, and I left a comment that it was blatantly obvious that much of the air had been let out of the football for that Seth's girly hand could hang onto it. 

Constructive criticism is apparently not appreciated by some people.
~

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 07:47:06 AM »
So scripted and obvious it isn't tolerable. I know all reality shows are scripted to some extent, some more than others but at least try and make it flow a little more naturally..ffs

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 07:52:03 AM »
You mean the 'customers' which mic's already attached to them may be in on it?

Get out!

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 10:10:17 AM »
You mean the 'customers' which mic's already attached to them may be in on it?

Get out!

I need a bigger tv  :D

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 10:21:53 AM »
I need a bigger tv  :D

Get one in time for the Olympia - nothing like striated glutes in HD.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Hardcore Pawn - Gold's are putting up a tough guy act
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 10:36:52 AM »
dam it , it's real to me. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
F

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 10:37:37 AM »
On next week's episode...

Phil Heath walks into the store...

PH: Hey baby
Ashley:  Hi!  How can I help you?
PH: I needs to sell a couple of these trophies, yo.
Ashley:  What kind of trophies are these?
PH:  They fo' bodybuildin'
Ashley:  So...are you a bodybuilder?
PH:  I won Mr. Olympia
Ashley:  Really?  Wow, I figured you'd be wider...anyway, how much are you looking to get for these?
PH:  $2,500 each
Asheley:  Wow...I won't be able to do that...how about $50 for both?
PH:  Oh, hell to the no!!
Ashley:  Hook!!
(Hook arrives, picks up Phil by the scruff of the neck, and throws him out)
Hook:  That man was narrow AND light.  Broke a$$ bee-otch.

~

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 10:59:01 AM »
On next week's episode...

Phil Heath walks into the store...

PH: Hey baby
Ashley:  Hi!  How can I help you?
PH: I needs to sell a couple of these trophies, yo.
Ashley:  What kind of trophies are these?
PH:  They fo' bodybuildin'
Ashley:  So...are you a bodybuilder?
PH:  I won Mr. Olympia
Ashley:  Really?  Wow, I figured you'd be wider...anyway, how much are you looking to get for these?
PH:  $2,500 each
Asheley:  Wow...I won't be able to do that...how about $50 for both?
PH:  Oh, hell to the no!!
Ashley:  Hook!!
(Hook arrives, picks up Phil by the scruff of the neck, and throws him out)
Hook:  That man was narrow AND light.  Broke a$$ bee-otch.

;D ;D ;D