Author Topic: Pre workout and post workout RTD's?  (Read 2111 times)

Harry R. M. Pitts

• Getbig III
  • large lover
Pre workout and post workout RTD's?
« on: February 04, 2006, 07:34:36 AM »
What RTD's have you guys tried and suggest for both pre workout and post?  I usually try to drink one with 2:1 carbs/protein ratio post workout.  How many gr. of protein do you take pre and post workout? 
"

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Pre workout and post workout RTD's?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 07:31:15 AM »
Pre-workout - maybe 30-40 but that's at least an hour before hitting the gym.

Post-workout - 30 grams of protein.

The only RTD I've tried is that one by ABB (I can't remember the name at the moment).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 12:58:01 PM »
Pre-workout - maybe 30-40 but that's at least an hour before hitting the gym.
Post-workout - 30 grams of protein.
The only RTD I've tried is that one by ABB (I can't remember the name at the moment).

ABB has several types: Blue Thunder (thermogenic type), Mass Recovery, Pure Pro, Extreme XXL (weight-gainer type).

The bottled types have whey protein isolate as its protein source. The canned types tend to have milk protein concentrate and calcium caseinate.

I use them a lot, especially when GNC has them marked down to around a dollar a piece. I also like using Isopure RTDs, as well as NITRO-TECH RTDs (though MuscleTech doesn't sell them in the bottles, anymore).

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 01:26:38 PM »
I stand corrected I've used two ABB recovery drinks: Blue Thunder & Mass Recovery. I might have tried that Extreme XXL years ago but I can't remember.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 01:42:41 PM »
I can't stand the extreme XXL its like drinking syrup! 229g of carbs i think...1029 calories and 52 grams of protien...I like the mass recovery's much more! its a better balance. I see no use for the carbo forces either. I've never tried blue thunder though.
bodybuildersreality.com

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 02:11:37 PM »
The Myoplex RTD's are fantastic, albeit a little expensive.   By the way, I tried a "Muscle Milk" RTD last week and It was flat freaking awful.   :-X

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 04:17:16 PM »
I liked the Blue Thunder until I read the ingredients. It has High Fructose Corn Syrup in it & I try to avoid that shit (as much as possible). However, the Mass Recovery is top notch.

Harry R. M. Pitts

• Getbig III
  • large lover
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 02:01:46 AM »
The Myoplex RTD's are fantastic, albeit a little expensive.   By the way, I tried a "Muscle Milk" RTD last week and It was flat freaking awful.   :-X
That's what I usually get post workout.  I really llike the chocolate one-taste great.
"