Author Topic: 48 percent of preschool kids that are suspended are black  (Read 2615 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
48 percent of preschool kids that are suspended are black
« on: August 04, 2014, 07:18:25 AM »
Black children represent 18 percent of preschool enrollment but make up 48 percent of preschool children receiving more than one out-of-school suspension, according to the study released by the  Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights in March.

I received a call from my sons’ school in March telling me that my oldest needed to be picked up early. He had been given a one-day suspension because he had thrown a chair. He did not hit anyone, but he could have, the school officials told me.

JJ was 4 at the time.

I agreed his behavior was inappropriate, but I was shocked that it resulted in a suspension.

For weeks, it seemed as if JJ was on the chopping block. He was suspended two more times, once for throwing another chair and then for spitting on a student who was bothering him at breakfast. Again, these are behaviors I found inappropriate, but I did not agree with suspension.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/07/24/my-son-has-been-suspended-five-times-hes-3/

A

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: 48 percent of preschool kids that are suspended are black
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 07:23:19 AM »
Hmm, my son has never had problems with throwing chairs in school.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 07:26:56 AM »
Hmm, my son has never had problems with throwing chairs in school.

hahah and this is PRESCHOOL , how did they detain such knowledge?

these kids are very advanced in there tactics at a rediculously young age
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 07:28:25 AM »
Still more civilized than Hamas.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:31:07 AM »
Black children represent 18 percent of preschool enrollment but make up 48 percent of preschool children receiving more than one out-of-school suspension, according to the study released by the  Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights in March.

I received a call from my sons’ school in March telling me that my oldest needed to be picked up early. He had been given a one-day suspension because he had thrown a chair. He did not hit anyone, but he could have, the school officials told me.

JJ was 4 at the time.

I agreed his behavior was inappropriate, but I was shocked that it resulted in a suspension.

For weeks, it seemed as if JJ was on the chopping block. He was suspended two more times, once for throwing another chair and then for spitting on a student who was bothering him at breakfast. Again, these are behaviors I found inappropriate, but I did not agree with suspension.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/07/24/my-son-has-been-suspended-five-times-hes-3/

Marty after completing electricity I think you should next study "fractals", I believe they are relevant here.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 07:35:23 AM »
So 52% are caucasian?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 08:57:59 AM »
Probably the same percentage in prison. They have serious morals/ethics problems.

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 09:09:57 AM »
LOL I had to laugh at her description of a "pre-school to prison pipeline" that we've supposedly set up for black children.  Give me a break!  When I was in school I never threw a fucking chair.  I never even saw a kid do that!  And the kid goes back and does it again?  Suspended 8 times between two kindergarten kids?  Obviously her kids are fucking assholes and she needs to stop blaming the teachers and school administrators and start teaching her kids how to fucking behave themselves.  Unbelievable. 

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 09:15:48 AM »
A parenting problem in the home. Wonder what Dad did when he came home from work and his wife told him about their son's behavior?

Sorry, I had to write that. Could not control myself.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 09:31:06 AM »
i blame video games

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 10:01:43 AM »
In b4 uberman with the chimpanzees.   :D

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 10:05:57 AM »
Tunette Powell is a motivational speaker and author. She is co-founder of The Truth Heals, a nonprofit for individuals and families affected by fatherlessness.

"He a good boy, teacher rassis"

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 10:21:38 AM »
[Race A] seems to have this strange expectation that if X% of the population are [race A] then X% of the disruptive behavior/crime will be performed by [race A], and if the actual percentage is > X%, it is the fault of discriminatory behavior by [race B].

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 10:22:30 AM »
I had to laugh at her description of a "pre-school to prison pipeline" that we've supposedly set up for black children

It's incredible that people actually believe the "prison pipeline" shit. Black kids in the US have access to a better educational system than most of the rest of the world. If they go from school to prison it's not because of racism.

This is what school looks like in Africa

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 09:45:15 PM »

JJ was 4 at the time.

This black asshole is all like.....

My preschooler throws chairs and spits on other kids, but why they be suspending him?

Dem's racist.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 09:56:01 PM »
Black children represent 18 percent of preschool enrollment but make up 48 percent of preschool children receiving more than one out-of-school suspension, according to the study released by the  Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights in March.

JJ was 4 at the time.

Violent behavior is not tolerated these days in school. Had JJ gone to the school where I worked, he would have been suspended for throwing chairs and spitting on other kids regardless of whether he was white, black, yellow or blue. His mom implies he is too young to be suspended. He isn't too young to learn consequences for his actions. One wonders if he's learning anything at home.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 10:34:30 PM »
So her theories seem to be...

*White people mean well but don't realize that they are racists.

*School administrators take away black children's innocence by punishing them when they misbehave.

*It's because of these things than black men end up in prison in disproportionate numbers.

The solution is what then?  Not punish black children when they act aggressively and throw chairs and spit on other kids?  We should be more lenient with them?  Brilliant idea.  After all, it's all your fault whitey.  What a genius we are dealing with here.  The sad thing is with the help of guilty white liberals, this mentality is taking hold of our country.  If you are in denial about the cause of a problem, then you can not solve the problem.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 04:22:13 AM »
Poor parenting, her kid is out of control and she needs to regain control now before he gets bigger and more aggressive and harder to control. He would not behave like this if this was disallowed and dealt with at home.

I would pull my kid out of kinder garden or whatever if I knew he was sharing a class with an aggressive chair throwing spitting child.

Throwing chairs and spitting is unacceptable behaviour by children. She needs to worry about her son and his future with such unbalanced behavioural problems, firstly she needs to acknowledge and take responsibility for this as a parent rather than governmental criticism and wasting her effort socio-behavioural analysis.
S

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 04:31:38 AM »
Still more civilized than Hamas.

And the IDF  :D

S

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 04:41:09 AM »
I bet single parent households is a much bigger factor here than race.