Author Topic: Dem's vs GOP on economics.  (Read 17595 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Dem's vs GOP on economics.
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 05:36:23 PM »
Another brilliant retort by our resident clown.

Another failing deflection by our resident idiot.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 05:37:08 PM »
Absolutely love this.  Has saved me a ton of time. 

Yeah me too.  But when you factor in the 70 year old rule it supports the "illusion of safety" argument.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »
Are you saying historically, Dem presidents have borrowed like crazy, and Repubs have balanced the budget?

Republicans always spend less.   Look at what Bush did at the end of his term vs what OB did at the beginning of his. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 05:51:51 PM »
TSA precheck was best $200 I ever spent.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2014, 06:00:14 PM »
You have a degree in finance?? Holy shit.

As for increasing military budget....first roll of a real president is to protect the country. I know thats hard for liberals to grasp, but it's true.

I'm just going to copy your posts rather than pretending that you're anything other than a borderline retard

Lmao..okay ::)

Hahaha. Ok

Jesus you're an idiot

plenty more where those came from

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2014, 06:01:28 PM »
Republicans always spend less.   Look at what Bush did at the end of his term vs what OB did at the beginning of his. 

this is sarcasm.....right?

next you're going to tell me that the size of government always shrinks under a Republican administration and grows under a Democratic Administration

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2014, 06:24:55 PM »
Yeah me too.  But when you factor in the 70 year old rule it supports the "illusion of safety" argument.

I thought searching grandma and grandpa was silly until a TSA employee talked to me about how they can be used as innocent couriers.  There is a name for it.  I forget what it is. 

I agree we're not safe.  There are so many ways people can cause harm. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 06:37:32 PM »
....first roll of a real president is to protect the country. I know thats hard for liberals to grasp, but it's true.

Speaking of things that are hard to grasp, maybe you could pick up a 4th grade spelling and vocab book and study the difference between "roll" and "role". 

Fer fuck's sake there is something so freakin' pitiful about a grown-ass man whose 1st language is English calling folks stupid while making writing mistakes a bright 2nd grader wouldn't make. 

Shit, Coach, if your English language proficiency doesn't improve, I think you're in danger of being deported.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2014, 07:11:02 PM »
You don't know what stats are do you. How is somethign a correlation if they did a regression analysis and thus checked each ind variable with an alpha level of .05.

listen even causal statistics are not true causations. causation is a correlation that has met an arbitrary alpha level, thus chance is so unlikely it is accepted as causal. However, if we take your argument to it's absurd conclusion, no such thing as causation exists. Also, you seem to think correlations don\'t have merit, they do, huge in fact. The statement correlation does not equal causation is being mis used here by you. Correlations vary in strength and when you control for nusance variables you can get a pretty accurate depiction of things.
are you The Luke?

hahah "it appears that the Democratic edge stems mainly from more benign oil shocks, superior TFP performance, a more favorable international environment, and perhaps more optimistic consumer expectations about the near-term future."

so it has nothing to do with dems or reps themselves....so no causation.....

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2014, 07:14:14 PM »
I'm just going to copy your posts rather than pretending that you're anything other than a borderline retard

Feel free to explain how raising taxes benefits the economy especially when small businesses are hit with tax increases. Also feel free to explain that how one of the first priorities of a president isn't to protect the country.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2014, 07:15:05 PM »
Speaking of things that are hard to grasp, maybe you could pick up a 4th grade spelling and vocab book and study the difference between "roll" and "role". 

Fer fuck's sake there is something so freakin' pitiful about a grown-ass man whose 1st language is English calling folks stupid while making writing mistakes a bright 2nd grader wouldn't make. 

Shit, Coach, if your English language proficiency doesn't improve, I think you're in danger of being deported.

If you can't answer the question just say so.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2014, 07:20:24 PM »
this is sarcasm.....right?

next you're going to tell me that the size of government always shrinks under a Republican administration and grows under a Democratic Administration

Always  ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2014, 08:02:22 PM »
Feel free to explain how raising taxes benefits the economy especially when small businesses are hit with tax increases. Also feel free to explain that how one of the first priorities of a president isn't to protect the country.

Here are two actual examples

Don't respond back until you actually read the article (or have someone read it to you)

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/24788-focus-how-kansas-and-california-debunked-the-gops-tax-cuts-argument

Then you can go back to the "Liberal Liar" thread and try to refute my statements about Fluke

That's if you want me to actually take you seriously and not just base my opinion of you on the roughly 7 years of reading your blithering nonsense.   If that's the case then just carry on and stop asking me questions when you don't really want to know the answer and just prefer to live in your right wing bubble

Lmao..okay ::)

Can you refute Strawman's statement?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2014, 08:41:35 PM »

Also, watch for obama's OTHER way of raising taxes on small businesses - cutting tax shelters, deductions, and other breaks.  It's not a tax "hike" on small businesses, but it does result in 'de facto' higher taxes.  it's the old Reagan trick - he can brag "I lowered taxes on small businesses!" by 5% but raised what they're paying by 10% by taking away shelters. 

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/08/news/economy/reagan_years_taxes/

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2014, 09:07:44 PM »
Here are two actual examples

Don't respond back until you actually read the article (or have someone read it to you)

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/24788-focus-how-kansas-and-california-debunked-the-gops-tax-cuts-argument

Then you can go back to the "Liberal Liar" thread and try to refute my statements about Fluke

That's if you want me to actually take you seriously and not just base my opinion of you on the roughly 7 years of reading your blithering nonsense.   If that's the case then just carry on and stop asking me questions when you don't really want to know the answer and just prefer to live in your right wing bubble

I suppose we can all find articles to fit our cause. I could probably find 20 more similar to this. So, in your words tell me how raising taxes in this country, again, especially to small businesses. As for California, NY and most other liberal ran states, corporations are either looking to get out or flat out leaving because they're getting killed.

http://m1.marketwatch.com/articles/BL-235B-1476?mobile=y&mobile=y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2014, 09:10:26 PM »
Also, watch for obama's OTHER way of raising taxes on small businesses - cutting tax shelters, deductions, and other breaks.  It's not a tax "hike" on small businesses, but it does result in 'de facto' higher taxes.  it's the old Reagan trick - he can brag "I lowered taxes on small businesses!" by 5% but raised what they're paying by 10% by taking away shelters. 

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/08/news/economy/reagan_years_taxes/

I like how you throw in your barbs against the right while pretending to hate on Obama.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2014, 09:17:38 PM »
I like how you throw in your barbs against the right while pretending to hate on Obama.

it's important that we realize it's not a "Dem vs GOP" when it comes to economics.

NEITHER of their policies help most Americans economically.  It's good we see that for all the bragging there is on "Reagan's policies are the answer", he did things pretty similar to obama.

Get a Ted Cruz in office - Watch that change. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2014, 09:27:13 PM »
it's important that we realize it's not a "Dem vs GOP" when it comes to economics.

NEITHER of their policies help most Americans economically.  It's good we see that for all the bragging there is on "Reagan's policies are the answer", he did things pretty similar to obama.

Get a Ted Cruz in office - Watch that change. 

Cruz, Romney, Dr. Carson or Allen West would all be fine candidates. So far the left have Clinton who is one of Obama's contributor to his problems.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2014, 10:26:38 PM »
Cruz, Romney, Dr. Carson or Allen West would all be fine candidates. So far the left have Clinton who is one of Obama's contributor to his problems.

Romney?  He radically changed his position on taxes DURING the year he ran from president.  First, he said no change was needed.  Then, when polls changed, suddenly he supported tax breaks.  You don't have to believe me - The Economist broke down all the positions Romney took, the way he dodged, his liberal economic policies as governor.
http://www.economist.com/node/21560864

Cruz, West, Carson, YES.   Romney, come on... he changed positions too many time.  He'd be Obama Lite as president. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2014, 10:37:25 PM »
Romney?  He radically changed his position on taxes DURING the year he ran from president.  First, he said no change was needed.  Then, when polls changed, suddenly he supported tax breaks.  You don't have to believe me - The Economist broke down all the positions Romney took, the way he dodged, his liberal economic policies as governor.
http://www.economist.com/node/21560864

Cruz, West, Carson, YES.   Romney, come on... he changed positions too many time.  He'd be Obama Lite as president. 

Everything he stated about Obama and the outcome of his positions were DEAD on.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2014, 10:53:59 PM »
Everything he stated about Obama and the outcome of his positions were DEAD on.

youre changing the subject.  we agree on that.  But Romney stated a lot of other things that were lib too. 

do we also agree romney's economic positions were all over the map, in the same year, thus we can't trust him on cutting insane spending and taxing?

The other 3, yes, they haven't shown inconsistency. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2014, 03:43:02 AM »
are you The Luke?

hahah "it appears that the Democratic edge stems mainly from more benign oil shocks, superior TFP performance, a more favorable international environment, and perhaps more optimistic consumer expectations about the near-term future."

so it has nothing to do with dems or reps themselves....so no causation.....

Your first conclusion is correct, your second you went off the rails. The independent variable can be any measure, like ideology and economic climate while in office. Soul Crusher basically rebutted the article. To really see if the differences exist you would have to dissect each power structure in politics and measure it's effect, if possible.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2014, 07:34:28 AM »

I guess wars are free? Who would have thought.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2014, 07:36:04 AM »

Coach owns himself.

Im surprised he keeps going.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2014, 07:53:54 AM »

Coach owns himself.

Im surprised he keeps going.

Feel free to answer the question.