Author Topic: UFC 178 - Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier brawl (at media day)  (Read 36166 times)

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
Re: UFC 178 - Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier brawl (at media day)
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2014, 07:50:20 PM »
Why engage in a headbut during a staredown?  You get into a man's personal space like that, expect to be removed from said physical space.  It was a little shove, and who cares what the media would have said.  Is Jones that insecure that he needs everyone to think he isn't a coward.  Jones is backpedalling now because he knows he come off as a punk, and slowly but surely his true colors are showing.

And WTF?  Quoting Connor McGreggor, now there's a punk if ever there was one.

Easy there chuckles. No need to get all emotional. Its over. Both guys apologized. The media got their story for the week.

As for Mcgregor - we'll see how he fares against a top 10 guy. Managed to market himself pretty well.....for a punk.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2014, 07:56:15 PM »
Easy there chuckles. No need to get all emotional. Its over. Both guys apologized. The media got their story for the week.

As for Mcgregor - we'll see how he fares against a top 10 guy. Managed to market himself pretty well.....for a punk.

Chuckles, lol.   ;D Don't get me wrong, I like McGregor, but fear he is probably better at running his mouth than he will be running for the title.  As for Jones, I do want to see his head caved in, and normally I would be backing Cormier to be the man to do it, but after reading about his knee troubles and him delaying surgery I worry this may not be his time. 
V

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2014, 08:01:25 PM »
Just in case anyone is unsure, the "fight" was planned.  As Reggie Jackson always said, "There's no such thing as bad publicity. Publicity is publicity." 

That "fight" yesterday added approximately 100,000 PPV buys to the bottom line. That's $6,000,000. 
a

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2014, 08:15:14 PM »
Chuckles, lol.   ;D Don't get me wrong, I like McGregor, but fear he is probably better at running his mouth than he will be running for the title.  As for Jones, I do want to see his head caved in, and normally I would be backing Cormier to be the man to do it, but after reading about his knee troubles and him delaying surgery I worry this may not be his time. 

You seem to be pretty obsessed with seen Jones beaten. Is it the eyepokes/knee stomps? Maybe the ninja tweets he puts out? :D.

I have no emotional investment in either but I've got Jones winning - most likely by decision. I'm aware of Cormeirs credentials and accomplishments to date but I think Jones has the tools to nulify him. I'm fine with Cormier pulling out a win if he's the better man on fightday. We'll find out next month how it all pans out.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2014, 08:20:48 PM »
Just in case anyone is unsure, the "fight" was planned.  As Reggie Jackson always said, "There's no such thing as bad publicity. Publicity is publicity."  

That "fight" yesterday added approximately 100,000 PPV buys to the bottom line. That's $6,000,000.  

Absolutely -  with regards to generating publicity that translated to higher buyrates.

As for the scuffle being staged......is that your opinion or has either fight camp admitted that it was staged? I'd guess the former.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2014, 08:29:08 PM »
You seem to be pretty obsessed with seen Jones beaten. Is it the eyepokes/knee stomps? Maybe the ninja tweets he puts out? :D.

I have no emotional investment in either but I've got Jones winning - most likely by decision. I'm aware of Cormeirs credentials and accomplishments to date but I think Jones has the tools to nulify him. I'm fine with Cormier pulling out a win if he's the better man on fightday. We'll find out next month how it all pans out.
It's his self righteousness, when he was younger he was a snitch, giving up other kids if they smoked weed etc..  Like all snitches, he needs a good beat down. I can't stand religious hypocrites like that, of course he went onto endanger decent civilians lives as well as injuring two women when he crashed his car whilst heavily intoxicated.  Not only this, word is he cheated on his fiancée with an underage girl.  

Quote from JJ himself

"I've always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part. I'm no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don't want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I've always been down for the good side, I guess."

V

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2014, 08:58:03 PM »
It's his self righteousness, when he was younger he was a snitch, giving up other kids if they smoked weed etc..  Like all snitches, he needs a good beat down. I can't stand religious hypocrites like that, of course he went onto endanger decent civilians lives as well as injuring two women when he crashed his car whilst heavily intoxicated.  Word is that he also like his girls - YOUNG !

Quote from JJ himself

"I've always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part. I'm no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don't want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I've always been down for the good side, I guess."

Well he's your typical christian hypocrite. What do you expect? What irked me was when he dropped machida on his face after choking him unconcious and then had to be reminded to " go get some fans". Not exactly  upto the martial arts image he claims to to live according to.

Personal feelings (and ninja tweets) aside he is an amazing fighter who is still evolving his game. I'd rather see him up against gustaf ( i see him winning that as well :D) but stuff happened.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2014, 09:01:32 PM »
Well he's your typical christian hypocrite. What do you expect? What irked me was when he dropped machida on his face after choking him unconcious and then had to be reminded to " go get some fans". Not exactly  upto the martial arts image he claims to to live according to.

Personal feelings (and ninja tweets) aside he is an amazing fighter who is still evolving his game. I'd rather see him up against gustaf ( i see him winning that as well :D) but stuff happened.
Normally I wouldn't give a fuck, but he sells himself as some holier than thou pious Christian, when clearly he is far from that.  That's what irks me.  And yeah, I didn't like the way he just dropped Machida, I think he knew he was out and he was just being arrogant. And then having to be told to check on the welfare of your opponent, speaks volumes doesn't it.  Here he is telling everyone what a great Christian He is, and he doesn't even have the wherewithal to check on his opponent, something any decent human being would do, religious or not.
V

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2014, 09:04:10 PM »

I understand where you are coming from and lets face it Las Vegas is typically is a smart sonovabitch on these matters and they have placed Jones as the favorite.

However, I would venture to say that Cormier has been more impressive over his past 7 or 8 fights given the level of competition he has faced AND the manner of which he won those bouts.

Jones opened as the -150 favorite but I still say it closes a bit as we edge towards fight time.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2014, 09:24:35 PM »
And.....the war of words continues.   ;D
These two need to get their own sitcom.
------——

"It's going to be intimate," Jones cooed, echoing his words on ESPN News on Monday.

"And passionate," Cormier added.

"I'm going to make you my wife," Jones replied. "You're going to be Mrs. Jones for the night. I'm going to rub on that big ol' belly and you're going to like it."

"It's going to be right in your face," said Cormier. "I'm going to put it right on your face. I'm going to smother you with my big ol' fat belly."

With that, moderator Megan Olivi chimed in with the thought no doubt on many people's minds: "This is getting weird."

It's long been said that for Jones to truly live up to his potential, he needs to embrace the hate he gets from segments of the audience, rather than try to be all things to all people. It appears he's doing so. Jones walked into a hostile situation in downtown Los Angeles, which was clearly Cormier's California home turf. The rambunctious crowd serenaded Cormier with chants of "DC, DC" and booed Jones' entrance.

The champ gave it right back. He told one fan who taunted him to "come here and say it to my face." Another fan brought up an incident in which the fan spotted Jones eating lunch downtown before the event, insulted him, and then asked for a photo, which Jones refused.

Cormier took Jones' side, telling the fan you can't insult a fighter and then expect them to take a photo.

"See that? He won't even stick up for his own fans," Jones retorted.

And so it went. Jones stayed calm, cool, and in control throughout the proceedings. Cormier got more animated as the event wore on, especially when Jones began interrupting Cormier, which happened more frequently as the chat unfolded.

"What the f--, let me talk," Cormier snapped at one point.

At the end, Cormier was asked to sum up his thoughts.

"I've got to go in there and do everything," Cormier said. "Use every part of my body, my heart, my will, my soul, I have to leave everything in that cage on Sept. 27 and i'm fine with doing that. I'm okay with leaving every part of me in that cage.

Jones couldn't resist one last jab.

"And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why he's a commentator," the champ said. "He's a great talker. He's got me over there like ‘man, that's deep. I feel you my brother."

"You're such an a-hole," Cormier retorted.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2014, 10:52:07 PM »
both should be fined and the fight called off.

Stupid fucking assholes.

You don't train (you "workout") and now this. Your maxipad must be shoved up there pretty fuckkng far you mangina.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2014, 11:02:43 PM »
Just read this thread. Anyone else here think TA and Simple Simon are having sex?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2014, 05:31:02 AM »
DC is gonna take jones out in 3rd rd, maybe late 2nd rd. DC will not b denied,count on it
R

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2014, 05:38:02 AM »
oh, it's "those" people again..

the trainer

jon jones and Dc intimate chat
« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2014, 09:00:38 AM »
Are these guys trying to get us to jerk off.

Jon Jones: "Did you guys enjoy that (brawl)? It sounds like you guys did. But to all who found it distasteful, I want to sincerely apologize on behalf of myself and (pointing at DC) I apologize for you as well right?"

The pair tried to talk over each other for an extended period before Cormier sputtered "what the f---, can I talk?"

Daniel Cormier: "On Sept 27th they are doing to close that door and Bob Cook and Javier Mendez are going to go on that side of the cage, and Greg Jackson and those guys are going to go on that side, and it's going to be me, Jon, and someone else, and that's when it's going to get good."

JJ: "Oooh yeah, it's going to be intimate."

DC: "And passionate."

JJ: "I'm going to make him my wife. You're going to be Mrs. Jones for the night. I'm going to rub on that big ol' belly. And you're going to like it."

DC: "Yes you will. It's going to be right in your face. I'm going to put it right on your face. I'm going to smother you with my big ol' fat belly."

DC: "I've got to go in there and do everything and use every part of my body - my heart, my will, my soul, I have to leave everything in that cage on Sept. 27 and I'm fine doing that. I'm okay with leaving every part of me in that cage."

JJ: "And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why he's a commentator. He's a great talker. You got me over there like ‘Man, that's deep. That is deep. I feel you my brother.'"

DC: "You're such an a--hole."

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2014, 09:13:23 AM »

"1"

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2014, 09:38:47 AM »
I really hope jones dies in the ring.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2014, 10:18:54 AM »
That's not very nice? Have respect for warriors of the cage.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
Re: jon jones and Dc intimate chat
« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2014, 12:47:24 PM »
Are these guys trying to get us to jerk off.

Jon Jones: "Did you guys enjoy that (brawl)? It sounds like you guys did. But to all who found it distasteful, I want to sincerely apologize on behalf of myself and (pointing at DC) I apologize for you as well right?"

The pair tried to talk over each other for an extended period before Cormier sputtered "what the f---, can I talk?"

Daniel Cormier: "On Sept 27th they are doing to close that door and Bob Cook and Javier Mendez are going to go on that side of the cage, and Greg Jackson and those guys are going to go on that side, and it's going to be me, Jon, and someone else, and that's when it's going to get good."

JJ: "Oooh yeah, it's going to be intimate."

DC: "And passionate."

JJ: "I'm going to make him my wife. You're going to be Mrs. Jones for the night. I'm going to rub on that big ol' belly. And you're going to like it."

DC: "Yes you will. It's going to be right in your face. I'm going to put it right on your face. I'm going to smother you with my big ol' fat belly."

DC: "I've got to go in there and do everything and use every part of my body - my heart, my will, my soul, I have to leave everything in that cage on Sept. 27 and I'm fine doing that. I'm okay with leaving every part of me in that cage."

JJ: "And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why he's a commentator. He's a great talker. You got me over there like ‘Man, that's deep. That is deep. I feel you my brother.'"

DC: "You're such an a--hole."

Dude you just reposted what i put up earlier on the same page. :D
Cause its so intimate....and passionate?

Seems like Cormier has a been shoving people at staredowns before except the last time there was no provocation. Patrick Cummins was the last recipient. 

Thought he seemed like a pretty laid back guy. Maybe he should follow Cains's example and save his aggression for the octagon.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2014, 12:59:36 PM »
If Jon was fighting a ninja, he would have been dead before he even knew it.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2014, 01:14:52 PM »
That's not very nice? Have respect for warriors of the cage.
I used to train MMA when I got out of the Marine Corps... Pancration and Kickboxing with a little boxing thrown in.

Jones has no respect for anyone therefore I have no respect for him. On a serious note, I hope he loses an eye in the ring since so many of his victories came at the end of jabbing his opponents in the eye.

He's a dirty ass fighter, a loudmouth, and his holier than thou attitude while being a complete punk bitch makes me hope he dies.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2014, 03:47:25 PM »
I used to train MMA when I got out of the Marine Corps... Pancration and Kickboxing with a little boxing thrown in.

Jones has no respect for anyone therefore I have no respect for him. On a serious note, I hope he loses an eye in the ring since so many of his victories came at the end of jabbing his opponents in the eye.

He's a dirty ass fighter, a loudmouth, and his holier than thou attitude while being a complete punk bitch makes me hope he dies.

i hate jones as well,hes a dick imo
R

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2014, 08:05:18 PM »
I have never seen so much hate for a fighter. Mayweather is as arrogant as they come and he doesn't have the hate that Jones has. I like watching Jones fight. He is an incredible athlete and a lot of tools in his arsenal. I don't think he has ever faced a pit bull like Cormier. Jones is going to be fighting from his back the whole fight.

warez4gold

• Getbig III
  • Awesome size! Look'n THICK, SOLID, TIGHT!
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2014, 08:19:23 PM »
both have huge egos. jon has a bigger ego.

this is what happens.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: jon jones and Dc intimate chat
« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2014, 03:08:46 AM »
Dude you just reposted what i put up earlier on the same page. :D
Cause its so intimate....and passionate?

Seems like Cormier has a been shoving people at staredowns before except the last time there was no provocation. Patrick Cummins was the last recipient. 

Thought he seemed like a pretty laid back guy. Maybe he should follow Cains's example and save his aggression for the octagon.

Patrick Cummins was a joke. Talked trash.... got crushed.