Author Topic: UFC 178 - Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier brawl (at media day)  (Read 36159 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: UFC 178 - Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier brawl (at media day)
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2014, 07:05:55 AM »
I have never seen so much hate for a fighter. Mayweather is as arrogant as they come and he doesn't have the hate that Jones has. I like watching Jones fight. He is an incredible athlete and a lot of tools in his arsenal. I don't think he has ever faced a pit bull like Cormier. Jones is going to be fighting from his back the whole fight.

very accurate post oldtimer,i agree 100% about jones fighting off his back. weird thing is jones stated many times he hates training bjj especially off his back,its gonna get very interesting in that cage when they fight
R

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2014, 04:48:14 PM »
SOmething tells me Jones will whip his ass.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2014, 06:55:07 PM »
I wish they could bring all this hate and emotion into the octagon and leave all this ghetto fronting shit for the ghetto kids.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2014, 08:23:40 PM »
I wish they could bring all this hate and emotion into the octagon and leave all this ghetto fronting shit for the ghetto kids.

I actually dont see them as acting very urban. At all.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2014, 07:11:41 PM »
;D

http://deadspin.com/jon-jones-and-daniel-cormier-talking-shit-to-each-other-1618473354?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
Wow Jon Jones threatening to 'literally kill' Cormier.

Cormier is deep in Jon's head.  He has been the only fighter so far to get Jon to expose his true self.  Jon has been forced to drop the Christian douchebag act.
V

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2014, 07:18:39 PM »

Cormier is deep in Jon's head.  He has been the only fighter so far to get Jon to expose his true self.  Jon has been forced to drop the Christian douchebag act.

Cormier is a funny guy.

I don't dislike Jon Jones, but he is not funny.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2014, 09:51:38 PM »
Cormier is a masterful troll. Id lmao if he beat Jon. Dont think it will happen though.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2014, 09:58:50 PM »
Cormier is a masterful troll. Id lmao if he beat Jon. Dont think it will happen though.
I will be impressed with whomever wins. Both are at the top of the heap.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2014, 04:01:13 AM »
cormier will not only beat jones he will humilate him while doing it,u cant stop cormiers takedowns n once down jones aint getting up,n if he does he will get slammed like hendo n josh barnett did,i cant wait to hear jones excuses when he loses,he will prolly say jesus asked him to lose so he obeyed jesus,lol
R

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2014, 11:08:24 AM »

This Jones/Cormier saga can make UFC exciting again. Ever since Brock left, the UFC has been rather boring. Jones/Cormier can revive the UFC.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2014, 11:30:45 AM »
Just read this thread. Anyone else here think TA and Simple Simon are having sex?
sex? no, but they do seem to 69 each other quite often

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2014, 05:34:15 PM »

Guy is finally exposed as a douchbag with a massive complex and ego. Explains why he fights guys 6 inches shorter than him.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2014, 05:42:19 PM »
Right, I have been meaning to comment on this thread for a while now cos it's  pissing me off.

I am the absolute King of UFC predictions.

I will go on record and say this right now so you can have this as evidence for future reference.

Daniel Cromier literally is going to get smashed up like a rag doll in this fight. Jones is different league and class, period. No question about Jones destroying fat slow fuck Cromier in this fight in my mind, no question AT ALL.

If Cromier thinks his wrestling skills are going to save him and he is going to tie Jones down he is sadly mistaken. It's not happening.

Anyone wants to bet Cromier for the win I will give you one point better than any book makers price on the night. I will lay Cromier to lose all day long in this fight.

If Cromier wins this fight I will go on record here to say I will video myself running around a street in London naked with a sock on my cock only, film it and post it here.

The End

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2014, 05:43:55 PM »
If Cromier wins this fight I will go on record here to say I will video myself running around a street in London naked with a sock on my cock, film it and post it here

Where will you find a sock that small?

Uncle Junior

« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2014, 05:47:46 PM »
Where will you find a sock that small?

I will even pop a Kamagra before hand to make sure the sock stays on.  ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2014, 08:23:24 PM »
Right, I have been meaning to comment on this thread for a while now cos it's  pissing me off.

I will go on record and say this right now so you can have this as evidence for future reference.

Daniel Cromier literally is going to get smashed up like a rag doll in this fight. Jones is different league and class, period. No question about Jones destroying fat slow fuck Cromier in this fight in my mind, no question AT ALL.

If Cromier thinks his wrestling skills are going to save him and he is going to tie Jones down he is sadly mistaken. It's not happening.

Anyone wants to bet Cromier for the win I will give you one point better than any book makers price on the night. I will lay Cromier to lose all day long in this fight.

If Cromier wins this fight I will go on record here to say I will video myself running around a street in London naked with a sock on my cock only, film it and post it here.

The End

Hold up there hoss,

Actually,  Ekul has been getbigs resident king of UFC predictions
 He has a much more impressive resume of accurate predictions than you do.
You dont get to just try and tell people how great you are,  especially when there is someone better already here.

the trainer

« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2014, 08:37:31 PM »

The End

I will be cheering for comier to win just so you we can see you run naked.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2014, 10:19:07 PM »
I will be cheering for comier to win just so you we can see you run naked.
like when he said he is leaving the board for good, if Simon can post from UKjeffs account? Please dream on!

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »
Jones will destroy fat slob Cormier in the worst fucking way possible. Then after he humiliates Cormier in front of the entire world ,he is going to shake Cormier's hand and say how great a fighter he is. Just because he feels bad for him.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2014, 10:25:24 PM »
Jones will destroy fat slob Cormier in the worst fucking way possible. Then after he humiliates Cormier in front of the entire world ,he is going to shake Cormier's hand and say how great a fighter he is. Just because he feels bad for him.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2014, 10:26:34 PM »
I have a strange feeling that Cormier is going to win and Jones is not going to know how to deal with it.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2014, 10:57:20 PM »
I have a strange feeling that Cormier is going to win and Jones is not going to know how to deal with it.

He won't deal with it well at all thats why he's fighting little 205ers so he won't have to worry about ever losing. Massive egomaniac.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2014, 11:13:12 PM »

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2014, 12:03:58 AM »
Hold up there hoss,

Actually,  Ekul has been getbigs resident king of UFC predictions
 He has a much more impressive resume of accurate predictions than you do.
You don't get to just try and tell people how great you are,  especially when there is someone better already here.

Shit.  I thought I was the only one who noticed.  Anyway, my form hasn't been too good lately.  I like to make predictions, it adds an extra element of excitement to the Card for me.  I have followed UFC religiously for years now and I have watched every UFC event ever televised plus all the Ultimate Fighter series.  I have a pretty good handle on fighters strengths and weaknesses.

As for Cormier vs Jones fight, it is a very interesting one.  Cormier no doubt has the better wrestling pedigree but Jones has proven himself against top wrestlers and is a fair grappler himself.  I imagine the gameplan for this fight for Jones is to use his length and keep Cormier at a comfortable distance and look to mix it up with the usual variety of spinning elbows, varied kicks and punches and look for an opportunity to get top position in a ground battle to deliver some fight ending ground and pound.  Jones can be brutal from top position, even from someones guard.   Personally, I want Cormier to win, that's my bias.  I just hate Jones, and when making picks I do have a tendency to let my biases affect my judgement.  

Having said that I do think Cormier can beat Jones, but my concern with this fight is that Cormier is nursing a pretty serious knee injury that should be operated on.  He is delaying this treatment until after this fight which I think is a mistake, when fighting for the title you really do need to be in tip top condition.  I do think Cormier is in Jones head at this moment and this is something he should use to his advantage.  If I was Cormier, my strategy would be a lay and pray one and really frustrate Jones with his superior wrestle fucking and just win on points.  The fans will hate it, but Cormier won't care as he will walk away with the belt and a respectable purse for his efforts.

I am really torn on picking a winner for this fight as it really is that close and could go either way on the day depending on which way the wind blows.  I am going to go out on a limb and say as long as Cormier's knee holds up he will win via points after an intense 5 round wrestle fucking session.  I think if he tries and stands with Jones that will be a mistake that won't see him make it 5 rounds.  Jon Jones has slowly developed a bit of an attitude, an arrogant pride, which given his accomplishments, who can blame him.  But as a fighter that can be a dangerous mindset, and what is the old saying "Pride goeth before a fall"
V