Author Topic: Get out of the squat rack  (Read 9548 times)

the trainer

Get out of the squat rack
« on: August 04, 2014, 02:10:20 PM »
The squat rack is not for doing curls or dumbbell press, I had to chase away a twink today why dont lifters get it that if you are not squatting say away from the squat rack.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Get out of the squat rack
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 02:11:49 PM »
What you did was commendable. :)

Simple Simon

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 02:12:00 PM »
The squat rack is not for doing curls or dumbbell press, I had to chase away a twink today why dont lifters get it that if you are not squatting say away from the squat rack.
TBH he's paid his membership the same as you, if he was squatting you would have to wait, so whats the difference?

the trainer

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 02:15:05 PM »
TBH he's paid his membership the same as you, if he was squatting you would have to wait, so whats the difference?

The difference is you can take up a bar or a pair of dumbbells and curl anywhere in the gym but there is only one place that you can squat, its simple common sense.

Simple Simon

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 02:16:08 PM »
The difference is you can take up a bar or a pair of dumbbells and curl anywhere in the gym but there is only one place that you can squat, its simple common sense.
But if he was squatting you would have to wait, I would have just said to you "Imagine Im squatting, now fuck off"

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 02:22:36 PM »
But if he was squatting you would have to wait, I would have just said to you "Imagine Im squatting, now fuck off"

I've had this argument a hundred times, and that's my exact answer

the trainer

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 02:24:05 PM »

No you would not, when you see a big hulking gym rat with a mean look on his face comes over to you and tell you in a deep voice to move cause he wants to squat, you move fast or I will move you.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 02:24:24 PM »
I've done curls w straight bar since I was a kid in the rack. I take less than ten minutes max as I move fast. Old timers back in the day often used the rack for their bar. Wait your turn. Roll around on your bouncy ball n balance board while you wait.

Simple Simon

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »
No you would not, when you see a big hulking gym rat with a mean look on his face comes over to you and tell you in a deep voice to move cause he wants to squat, you move fast or I will move you.
A large immobile waddling bodybuilder holds no fear for me, I would have him gassed in 2 minutes.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 02:35:29 PM »
we dont have a squat rack at my gym but at one time i was doing curls sitting in the leg extension machine when someone came over and told me wanted to train legs  ::)

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 02:44:33 PM »
But why not just curl at the curling rack or on the floor? Why make the gym less accessible for someone who wants to do squats?

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 02:47:48 PM »
But why not just curl at the curling rack or on the floor? Why make the gym less accessible for someone who wants to do squats?

Because people are assholes

It's really no biggie though. I just come back later

the trainer

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 02:48:15 PM »

X2 Some people are just selfish and need to be called out on it.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 02:56:31 PM »

It's a poseur thing.

Basically it says "I'm so strong I use leg equipment to train my arms"

Most gyms usually have multiple bench press racks they could also do this off - but basically it's all about the pose and the pose factor isn't there with the bench or the floor.

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 02:58:13 PM »

fuck off
•

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 03:02:24 PM »
I think we have 2 preacher curl racks and fixed straight bar and cambered barbells that go all the way up to 100 pounds.

If both curl racks are taken up AND your are repping more than 100 pounds then by all means, curl away at the squat rack.

If you could just as easily be curling at a curl rack and are taking up the squat rack, it's a bit of an asshole move, plain and simple.

Simple Simon

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 03:03:12 PM »
I was at the gym the other day and I was waiting for the squat rack and a guy was doing 10 sets of squats, I asked him to only do 3 as I was waiting, he wouldn't, selfish fuck, he should only be doing 3 and not taking up all that time.

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 03:05:17 PM »
we dont have a squat rack at my gym but at one time i was doing curls sitting in the leg extension machine when someone came over and told me wanted to train legs  ::)
I don't get it myself..the other day I was doin chest presses in the leg press machine, and some guy who was on ''leg day'' was giving me dirty looks.. ::)
H

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 03:28:54 PM »
Squats, curls, deads, rows, presses... I do whatever I want in the squat rack.

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 03:36:54 PM »
Squats, curls, deads, rows, presses... I do whatever I want in the squat rack.

rebel
•

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 03:37:53 PM »

2 days.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »
People say sorry when they make eye contact with me in the gym. That's the air of oppression you must emit.

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 03:49:47 PM »
People say sorry when they make eye contact with me in the gym. That's the air of oppression you must emit.

::)
•

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 03:56:52 PM »
I was using a flat bench the other day then some old man appeared and was lingering around it. I said do you need to use this?  He said no and scurried away.

the trainer

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 04:01:12 PM »
I was using a flat bench the other day then some old man appeared and was lingering around it. I said do you need to use this?  He said no and scurried away.

He wanted to use your cock not the bench.