Author Topic: Another Steve Reeves, Arnold or Lou Ferrigno  (Read 1653 times)

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
Another Steve Reeves, Arnold or Lou Ferrigno
« on: August 05, 2014, 06:18:05 PM »
Do you think it could happen today? A big time director seeing a bodybuilding champion and throwing him in a lead Hollywood role

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Another Lex Reeves, Arnold or Lou Ferrigno
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 06:31:06 PM »
Do you think it could happen today? A big time director seeing a bodybuilding champion and throwing him in a lead Hollywood role

Lex Reeves is a gimmick. 

Steve Reeves is a legend.  And no, I am not all the convinced there is another such individual waiting in the wings to join Reeves and Arnold.  Reeves was incredibly handsome as well as superbly built.

Arnold was and remains,  Arnold.

Like John Wayne before him, the Oak just played himself with a different name.  Good stuff.  Dwayne Johnson was okay in the new "Hercules" but still not as charismatic as the Oak nor as classically built and handsome as Reeves.  Most of today's bodybuilders are fit for nothing more than stints as Muscle Hunk fill ins.  Pretenders to the Kai Greene throne of the putrid. 

A Reeves or Arnold comes once in a generation or three.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 06:31:54 PM »
Lex Reeves is a gimmick. 

Steve Reeves is a legend.  And no, I am not all the convinced there is another such individual waiting in the wings to join Reeves and Arnold.  Reeves was incredibly handsome as well as superbly built.

Arnold was and remains,  Arnold.

Like John Wayne before him, the Oak just played himself with a different name.  Good stuff.  Dwayne Johnson was okay in the new "Hercules" but still not as charismatic as the Oak nor as classically built and handsome as Reeves.  Most of today's bodybuilders are fit for nothing more than stints as Muscle Hunk fill ins.  Pretenders to the Kai Greene thrown of the putrid. 

A Reeves or Arnold comes once in a generation or three.

Lol the gimmick was on my mind

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 06:34:03 PM »
Lol the gimmick was on my mind

Yeah.  He's like some sort of mind tick.  Digs in deep and keeps piling on the poo.

;D

Built6foot5

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • WBFF Pro
Re: Another Steve Reeves, Arnold or Lou Ferrigno
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »
It seems like it was easier to break into Hollywood back then. With so many aspiring actual trained actors now the competition seems very steep. If it did happen again, I doubt itd be anyone inside the top pro ranks. Their look now is simply too big and blocky, faces too bloated..especially outside of contest time.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 11:13:36 PM »
It seems like it was easier to break into Hollywood back then. With so many aspiring actual trained actors now the competition seems very steep. If it did happen again, I doubt itd be anyone inside the top pro ranks. Their look now is simply too big and blocky, faces too bloated..especially outside of contest time.

also nowadays people know the secret sauce to looking like that.

kofo

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 11:38:27 PM »
The game changed:

It is better (in every way imaginable) to give an actor a fit, athletic, functional body rather than trying to make a bodybuilder act.

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 12:22:53 AM »
The modern look is just so silly laughable to 99% of people so no.

Also the knowledge is out there for any actor to get in pretty serious shape.

Also today's guys are so devoid of charisma and personality. Mr O thinks being cocky is having personality and being charismatic ???