Author Topic: Big Ramy- strong as he looks huge!  (Read 17869 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Big Ramy- strong as he looks huge!
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2014, 06:13:54 PM »
Most impressive part is him fetching and racking his own weights in the same set. I thought I was the only one who did that but then again I am much larger than the average man.
Not hard with 10 pound dumbells.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2014, 11:08:07 AM »
No wonder that he is this strong. but I think Big Ron is stronger.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2014, 02:04:37 PM »
Of corse Ron was stronger and bigger in his prime.

the trainer

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2014, 02:14:24 PM »
Big freaky ron inclining pressing 200 pound dumbbells, this is after he did them on the flat bench.

Louis Cipher

• Getbig II
  • Aue Caesar, Morituri Te Salutant!
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2014, 02:23:17 PM »
200 on inclines, which is more difficult than flat

Ramy uses a greater range of motion, that makes a big difference.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2014, 03:10:32 PM »
Lets wait until Ramy wins some Mr O titles before we put him up there with Ronnie C.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »
do he think the chest muscle will increase in size 8 weeks out by lifting like this? where is the scientific support of that

Is this a serious question?? Yeh man - he is busting his ass just hoping to add some beef before  the contest that's it. In fact he will probably do some silly shit like being back stage and still lifting weight right before he comes on stage.  Lol

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2014, 04:05:11 PM »
Ramy uses a greater range of motion, that makes a big difference.
I find partial ROM pumping reps to be much harder than full chest-to-lockout style reps. Its harder I feel because youre spending more time under tension where it puts maximum strain on the muscle....

Think about it, when using a complete ROM youre spending time in lockout and with your elbows at 90* where you have the greatest leverage force... when pumping in between youre generally working where you have the least mechanical advantage.

Now Im not advocating for partials over full ROM or anything... but its been my experience that I fatigue much faster and can use much less weight when I try and do partial pumping reps.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2014, 05:27:43 PM »
If you train with guys that have any real size you will see that none of us use "full range of motion". Admittedly I rarely pay a lot of attention to criticism but it cracks me up when guys "correct" the training form of pros.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2014, 05:46:02 PM »
If you train with guys that have any real size you will see that none of us use "full range of motion". Admittedly I rarely pay a lot of attention to criticism but it cracks me up when guys "correct" the training form of pros.

Let's see a pic stud.

I use full ROM on everything

TristenEsco

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • #SHREDZARMY
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2014, 05:51:10 PM »

It cracks me up more when people assume pros are the most knowledgable. Most just do what theyre told by coaches actually educated in the field. People need to realize that the majority of pros are genetically gifted and could grow on anything. That doesn't make it right

Uncle Junior

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2014, 06:01:32 PM »
200 on inclines, which is more difficult than flat

Disagree, I find inclines easier than flat personally.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2014, 06:05:50 PM »
It cracks me up more when people assume pros are the most knowledgable. Most just do what theyre told by coaches actually educated in the field. People need to realize that the majority of pros are genetically gifted and could grow on anything. That doesn't make it right
That depends on the pro.

TristenEsco

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • #SHREDZARMY
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2014, 06:12:51 PM »
That depends on the pro.

That's why I said most and not all. Generally they fall into 2 categories, those with elite genetics that wiped out their first contest without all the proper tools and then went onto get the right guidance. And those who don't have the best genes and have to do everything meticulously and had to go through much trial and error for their card

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2014, 06:18:40 PM »

X2

Uncle Junior

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2014, 06:22:08 PM »

Spot on, "full range of motion" takes more tension away from the muscle than say 3/4 partials without lockout on the top or bottom..feel is more important than any text book form definitions

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2014, 06:53:32 PM »
Of corse Ron was stronger and bigger in his prime.
But look how long Ramy has been doing this - that's the impressive and whole freak factor part.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2014, 06:54:18 PM »
That's why I said most and not all. Generally they fall into 2 categories, those with elite genetics that wiped out their first contest without all the proper tools and then went onto get the right guidance. And those who don't have the best genes and have to do everything meticulously and had to go through much trial and error for their card
Eg 1 Ronnie

Eg 2 Dorian

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2014, 07:29:54 PM »
Eg 1 Ronnie

Eg 2 Dorian

But Ronnie didn't wipe out the competition his first show. While Kevin Levrone won the Nationals and Mike Matarazzo won the USA, Ronnie won his pro card in relative obscurity at the Universe.

Dorian qualified for the Olympia by winning Night of Champions. Ronnie made the Olympia automatically, based on his weight-class win at the Universe.

When Dorian debuted at the Olympia, he placed 2nd. When Ronnie made his debut, he placed "16th".

It took Ronnie a while to become the beast he ended up being.

Louis Cipher

• Getbig II
  • Aue Caesar, Morituri Te Salutant!
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2014, 07:46:22 PM »
I find partial ROM pumping reps to be much harder than full chest-to-lockout style reps. Its harder I feel because youre spending more time under tension where it puts maximum strain on the muscle....

Think about it, when using a complete ROM youre spending time in lockout and with your elbows at 90* where you have the greatest leverage force... when pumping in between youre generally working where you have the least mechanical advantage.

Now Im not advocating for partials over full ROM or anything... but its been my experience that I fatigue much faster and can use much less weight when I try and do partial pumping reps.

Good food for thought, thanks.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2014, 08:04:29 PM »

But Ronnie didn't wipe out the competition his first show. While Kevin Levrone won the Nationals and Mike Matarazzo won the USA, Ronnie won his pro card in relative obscurity at the Universe.

Dorian qualified for the Olympia by winning Night of Champions. Ronnie made the Olympia automatically, based on his weight-class win at the Universe.

When Dorian debuted at the Olympia, he placed 2nd. When Ronnie made his debut, he placed "16th".

It took Ronnie a while to become the beast he ended up being.
Dude. You went far too trivia off into lala land
Point was
Dorian did it all himself and didnt quite have all the genetic gifts and he succeeded through insane OCD attention to detail and discipline

And Ronnie had Chad to the plan for him and he let his coach, his hard work, and his genetic gifts carry him to legend. I dont think anyone would argue that Ronnie was more disciplined, educated, or driven (with regards to BB) than Dorian was.

Dorian = obsessive work ethic and drive to know/understand/accomplish his BB goals

Ronnie = genetically blessed but needed someone to tell him what to do in order to realize his potential

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2014, 08:15:38 PM »
How's your joints?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2014, 08:20:18 PM »
How's your joints?
I know im not him, but...
I find my bother me more when I go full ROM, especially lockout.  If I dont quite lockout and dont quite go to 90* my joints feel much better. I try to keep the mechanical force on the muscle and not the joint.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2014, 08:34:30 PM »
I know im not him, but...
I find my bother me more when I go full ROM, especially lockout.  If I dont quite lockout and dont quite go to 90* my joints feel much better. I try to keep the mechanical force on the muscle and not the joint.
I find it really depends on the movement and the weight behind it. But most of the time a full ROM is the way to go. Unless your goal physique is Branch Warren... :-X

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2014, 08:44:59 PM »
Nothing but respect for both BR (full range of motion) and RC (half reps....but 200s). My poor left pec, which is held to the humorous bone with a pin, just shed a tear.