Author Topic: binge  (Read 2569 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
binge
« on: August 07, 2014, 02:17:02 AM »
just got home from a fairly normal day of eating -- a bit more than i would have liked, but very good considering i was out with family all day visiting restaurants and such -- and a late night workout.  and then...

in the past hour, i've had a whole tin of mixed nuts, a pint of ice cream, and 4 quest bars: roughly 3500 calories

seems like the more on-point my diet gets, the more this happens...  i used to feel really guilty and disgusting during the whole binge, but now i just grit my teeth and double down.  i know there's no turning back, so i go all out and try to make myself sick as fast as possible.

thinking of galeniko's advices:  no eating tomorrow, monster workout of many sets at gym.

what is the official getbig way of dealing with binges (preventing, recovering from, etc.)?

as a side note, sickening post-binge veins like all over my arms, abs, etc. -- what causes this?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: binge
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 02:24:55 AM »
just got home from a fairly normal day of eating -- a bit more than i would have liked, but very good considering i was out with family all day visiting restaurants and such -- and a late night workout.  and then...

in the past hour, i've had a whole tin of mixed nuts, a pint of ice cream, and 4 quest bars: roughly 3500 calories

seems like the more on-point my diet gets, the more this happens...  i used to feel really guilty and disgusting during the whole binge, but now i just grit my teeth and double down.  i know there's no turning back, so i go all out and try to make myself sick as fast as possible.

thinking of galeniko's advices:  no eating tomorrow, monster workout of many sets at gym.

what is the official getbig way of dealing with binges (preventing, recovering from, etc.)?

as a side note, sickening post-binge veins like all over my arms, abs, etc. -- what causes this?

likely blood pressure.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 03:12:17 AM »

That's all you binged?  ;) I've posted before what my binges would look like; roughly somewhere between 5.000 and 10.000 kcal easy. But I was having an eating disorder. If I felt really guilty, I would vomit to 'undo' the binge. And fasting, and extra cardio, and an even stricter diet... Making me more hungry and more susceptible for another binge.

The stricter the diet, the more urge I feel to binge on bad food (chocolate, icecream, cookies, deep fried food, pizza). So, for me it helps to incorporate some of the bad foods in my diet. If they're not forbidden, they're not so tempting. Also, I stopped to see food like icecream as treat or reward; that makes it more tempting, too.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 03:32:09 AM »
Is this your scheduled cheat day? then it is ok

are you dieting? if so, you just need to NOT eat anything but what is in your diet.. it is you against yourself

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 05:53:36 AM »
When I can't handle myself and I eat many too much, I do this trick:

The next day is completely out of carbs. Just protein and veggies.

But I do cardio first thing in the morning, at least for 40 minutes, then later I do my regular weight workout, and then again I do another cardio session at least for 30 minutes.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 07:39:03 AM »
likely blood pressure.

no, it's the insulin release that relaxes blood vessels and the sodium pulls more water into blood so you get a double effect.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 07:45:23 AM »
I think Gal's best advice was to skip breakfast the next day and train with an empty stomach.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 10:03:16 AM »
That's all you binged?  ;) I've posted before what my binges would look like; roughly somewhere between 5.000 and 10.000 kcal easy. But I was having an eating disorder. If I felt really guilty, I would vomit to 'undo' the binge. And fasting, and extra cardio, and an even stricter diet... Making me more hungry and more susceptible for another binge.

The stricter the diet, the more urge I feel to binge on bad food (chocolate, icecream, cookies, deep fried food, pizza). So, for me it helps to incorporate some of the bad foods in my diet. If they're not forbidden, they're not so tempting. Also, I stopped to see food like icecream as treat or reward; that makes it more tempting, too.

i used to go way crazier... i recall a time when i got two fully loaded chipotle burritos, then came home to eat two huge slices of naan piled THICK with peanut butter.  must have been well over 3k right there.  the thing is though, i practically considered that a normal meal, at the time ;D

maybe i'll try start eating small amounts of ice cream etc. on a regular basis.  i have a feeling the root of these binges is simply lack of variety.  one reason is: I gorged myself on one type of food til im sick of it (e.g. nuts), at which point i feel full and gross.  then I started with the ice cream, and it was like i was starting back at square one: I couldn't get enough.  once i got sick of ice cream, i switched to quest bars, and again, it was almost like i arrived at a completely fresh slate.  i'm sure if there were donuts or something like that in the house, i would have crammed a few of those down.

the "hunger" (if you can even call it that) is only satisfied once there's no new type of delicious food to cram into my face.

i decided i'm going to try to eat 0 calories for 24 hours this time.  i don't think i've ever done this in my life, so it should be a fun challenge, even if it doesn't exactly make me feel better.

Is this your scheduled cheat day? then it is ok

are you dieting? if so, you just need to NOT eat anything but what is in your diet.. it is you against yourself

I never dieted for a competition or to see how low I could possibly get my BF, but I've always been interested in achieving the lowest bf % I possibly could, year round.

I used to schedule cheat days and all that, but lately I've been trying to eat uniformly throughout the week (in terms of total calorie intake, not variety of foods).

I think your competition diets consist mostly of beef and broccoli, or something like that, from what I remember.  If you were trying to achieve my goal (lowest % bf year round), would you recommend something like that, or more variety?

no, it's the insulin release that relaxes blood vessels and the sodium pulls more water into blood so you get a double effect.

interesting -- i do most often notice this after eating a shitload.

Simple Simon

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 10:04:50 AM »
I think your competition diets consist mostly of beef and broccoli, or something like that, from what I remember.  If you were trying to achieve my goal (lowest % bf year round), would you recommend something like that, or more variety?
I think you will find you have to pay for that information.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 10:08:11 AM »
I think you will find you have to pay for that information.

;D

as a side note, now that you follow the gal/no-one approach, do you schedule cheat days and all that?

for some reason i was under the impression you didn't... but i can't recall if i've ever read about your diet after you extended the olive branch to no one.  care to share?

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 10:25:44 AM »
It's too late, just give up any aspirations of a good physique, stop training and let such binges become your daily protocol.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 10:46:09 AM »
It's too late, just give up any aspirations of a good physique, stop training and let such binges become your daily protocol.

See how ridiculous overdeveloped lats look?

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 10:52:57 AM »

interesting -- i do most often notice this after eating a shitload.

But as you know, it doesn't last very long. The human body is over 60% water and when eating a lot of carbs and sodium you get thirsty and drink more water and most of the sodium after hitting the bloodstreem is transfered to the lymphatic system and then the fluid will remain in the tissues, causing swelling or bloat.

Simple Simon

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 10:54:07 AM »
;D

as a side note, now that you follow the gal/no-one approach, do you schedule cheat days and all that?

for some reason i was under the impression you didn't... but i can't recall if i've ever read about your diet after you extended the olive branch to no one.  care to share?
At the moment Im still having carbs, not a lot mind but I have some oats in the AM and some egg noodles later.
Im not trying to get shredded, just to shift a few pounds.
If I was looking to get to 6% or so I would drop all carbs for 4 days then add some in via 1 meal , then go again.

Still have the kidney stone to worry about at the moment and have to keep hydrated, zero carbs tends to make you drop water.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 01:24:03 PM »
You can eat clean with around 200-250g of carbs daily and be fairly lean year round which is something maintainable. Going below 6% is a different story as in dieting for a show.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 01:36:21 PM »
Just eat 2000-2500 calories every day. 

the trainer

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 01:39:25 PM »

Get off the stupid no carb diet and eat organic whole foods eliminate processed food and processed sugar from your diet and you will look and feel better plus lose weight, no carb diets are unhealthy.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 01:47:12 PM »
Get off the stupid no carb diet and eat organic whole foods eliminate processed food and processed sugar from your diet and you will look and feel better plus lose weight, no carb diets are unhealthy.

I would add that after OP follows this diet he can tell us when he hits 250 @ 8% and we will accept it without photographic proof.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 01:48:10 PM »

You are like a bodybuilding Eliza program. Just a 'bot that responds to keywords with inane blather. You're failing the Turing Test. I remember when misc.fitness.weights was getting inundated with Serdar Argic crap

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 01:51:40 PM »
You are like a bodybuilding Eliza program. Just a 'bot that responds to keywords with inane blather

Lol

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 01:57:48 PM »
You are like a bodybuilding Eliza program. Just a 'bot that responds to keywords with inane blather. You're failing the Turing Test. I remember when misc.fitness.weights was getting inundated with Serdar Argic crap
;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 01:59:35 PM »
lol ;D

the trainer

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 02:00:57 PM »
I would add that after OP follows this diet he can tell us when he hits 250 @ 8% and we will accept it without photographic proof.

I showed an old photo of me at 225 pounds that was years ago I am sure you can do the math.

Simple Simon

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »
I showed an old photo of me at 225 pounds that was years ago I am sure you can do the math.
Really, just stop it.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 02:25:01 PM »
I wonder what's worse, binge or suicide? I don't think I could ever binge any more. I think binge is a substitute used to stave off suicide of sorts.